Native OpenXR mask is inverted

speed-of-heat

@BIGNEWY

the mask for native openxr is inverted. the first image is from the 2d mirror for openxr natively  the second via opencomposite

null

image.jpeg

Screen_230207_151848.jpg

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It's upside down for me too. (Reverb G2)

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, 32GB RAM, RTX 4090, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gladiator NXT Premium, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10, Joystick Gremlin, OpenKneeboard, VoiceAttack

• 1 month later...

Glad it wasn't just me!  That was a good start.

Everything appears upside down and back to front in the HMD (Reverb G2).  X/Y/Z movements are reversed, the SU27 in the hangar is hanging upside down from the roof and the menu looks like you are seeing it from behind as if it is written on a clear window and you are reading if from the wrong side!

Images within the mirror are the correct way up.

I found a temp fix by running the OpenXR mod instead of the native OpenXR.  The HMD is now the correct way round, however the VR Mask within the mirror is still inverted.

It seems to be working in MT as I now get 75 FPS in a MP server where only yesterday I was lucky to get 15!

I have attached the DCS log and DXDIAG log as requested but I don't know how much worth they will be.

dcs.log DxDiag.txt

Edited by Specter
  • Like 4

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Reverb G2 and OpenXR

When launching from Skatezilla DCS Updater GUI (which launches the non MT DCS.exe) view is normal.

When launching from the MT DCS.exe in the bin-mt folder I get appears to be only one eyepiece and the mask seems to be upside down. However, closing one eye and then the other shows that both eyepieces are active but show the same view. This happens whether using --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR or not.

Screen_230314_135608.jpg

Screen_230314_135739.png

dcs log.txt

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

Ive not seen any issue personally I will take a closer look today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have similar issue: when entering VR (multi-thread version .exe) my view is completely collapsed to one side, or the other, or it is flipped completely upside down. The non-MT .exe is fine, runs as normal. Sometimes when I launch the non-MT version, exit, launch the MT .exe the view is fine ... but exiting and relaunching the MT .exe the problem returns. Weird. Like a setting is getting toggled.

FYI: The few times that the MT .exe version launches correctly I do see an improvement in performance; everything runs smoother.

Sleepers_PC.html

SleepyCanuck :sleep:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, sleepycanuck said:

I have similar issue: when entering VR (multi-thread version .exe) my view is completely collapsed to one side, or the other, or it is flipped completely upside down. The non-MT .exe is fine, runs as normal. Sometimes when I launch the non-MT version, exit, launch the MT .exe the view is fine ... but exiting and relaunching the MT .exe the problem returns. Weird. Like a setting is getting toggled.

FYI: The few times that the MT .exe version launches correctly I do see an improvement in performance; everything runs smoother.

Sleepers_PC.html 208.43 kB · 1 download

Me too.

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

On 3/16/2023 at 5:27 PM, speed-of-heat said:

upside down and back to front is usually a XRNecksafer problem 

👍

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

11 hours ago, Predictive said:

This sounds like what I was trying to describe in my own post.

Cross posting:

Try change you VR pixel density inside DCS to 1.0. I have been able to consistently get it to work on 1.0 and anything greater will only render inside 1 eye.

FYI @BIGNEWY

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Predictive said:

Cross posting:

Try change you VR pixel density inside DCS to 1.0. I have been able to consistently get it to work on 1.0 and anything greater will only render inside 1 eye.

FYI @BIGNEWY

What's weirder is that the game doesn't display in my headset when Pixel Density is set below 1.0. - Able to reproduce this consistently.

13 hours ago, Flappie said:

I'm not into VR, so I'm not sure what I'm reading about, but isn't that the same issue here?

Yes, that seems to be the same issue. It doesn't look like there's a resolution though. One of the last posts:

I get the problem whether XRNecksafer is enabled or not. Perhaps I need to completely remove it but I'm not willing to play without it since I'm limited in my head travel due to old man syndrome.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:27 AM, speed-of-heat said:

I get the problem whether XRNecksafer is enabled or not. Perhaps I need to completely remove it but I'm not willing to play without it since I'm limited in my head travel due to old man syndrome.

• Like 1

Something is wrong after the last patch. My masking is reversed too. Before Friday was ok. I dont use XRNeckSafe's GitLab, I honestly don't even know what it is.

Looks like DCS issue. No mods here:

JvvNtRQ.jpg

In fact, there are no problems with the VR image, just masking is reversed.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro