Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Just some quick notes:

I noticed ATACMS don't need a rearming truck to reload, they appear to have infinite self capacity. They also rearm in about five minutes.
NASAM-3 and PSM anti-ship also appears to only reload itself in five minutes.

I haven't tested with any other vehicles though....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VFA41_Lion said:

Just some quick notes:

I noticed ATACMS don't need a rearming truck to reload, they appear to have infinite self capacity. They also rearm in about five minutes.
NASAM-3 and PSM anti-ship also appears to only reload itself in five minutes.

I haven't tested with any other vehicles though....

Yep, that is correct. I've chose to emulate the resupply truck with a total of three pod reloads. Each reload takes 5 minutes. That's one of the key features with a modern rocket artillery system like the HIMARS, the quick pod reload with the integrated crane.

I have implemented reloads for most of my assets.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hi.

These assets are truly amazing and it's really fun (and really hard) to try to sneak a Viggen to bomb an airfield guarded by various modern SAM systems.

But I'd like to repeat my request of the swedish MSHORAD by SAAB. A Giraffe 1X mounted on a SUV paired with a RBS70-NG mounted on another SUV. Leathal mobility...
https://www.saab.com/products/mshorad

Have a nice day and enjoy the swedish spring.

Regards.

• Like 1

Hi.

Your NASAM ER is amazing but I am experiencing degraded performance as soon as NASAMS detect Targets. The game even starts pausing every 3 sec then resumes (everything literally stops like you pause the game) if there are a bunch of target in the air being engaged by NASAM. I am using MT version

My specs are:

Core i3 10100 @3.60  (4 cores 8 threads)
24GB @3600mhz DDR4 RAM
GTX 1660 Super
resolution = 1920x1080 60HZ

in-game setting are med-low with all types of Shadows off, Terrain low. 

DCS works fine with every other of your assets.

null

Edited by Septic
addition
  • Like 2

Hey CurrentHill. The amount of mods you have been pumping out is insane! I've tried your Nasams Three and LOVE it! I really don't want to be that guy but I have two requests for you. Your the only mod maker that I know of that I can maybe "request things to" and I would like to ask if you could ever implement a 2S7 pion artillery as it is used by Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and so many more countries and I feel it is a vital DCS asset. I would also like to request if you could ever make a Spyder Sam System. It is made and used by Israel and I think it could be a very formidable asset to DCS. I know it is no you currently have no Israeli assets but I think the Spyder Sam is a big underdog in the Sam world and it would be really cool to have ingame. I know this is kind of a lot and I don't want to be an annoying person because im sure you have your focus on other mods and stuff. Anyways I'm extremely impressed by your assets and I hope you can keep putting more of them out!

Thanks,

Rowdy 1-1

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rowdy_Davido said:

Hey CurrentHill. The amount of mods you have been pumping out is insane! I've tried your Nasams Three and LOVE it! I really don't want to be that guy but I have two requests for you. Your the only mod maker that I know of that I can maybe "request things to" and I would like to ask if you could ever implement a 2S7 pion artillery as it is used by Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and so many more countries and I feel it is a vital DCS asset. I would also like to request if you could ever make a Spyder Sam System. It is made and used by Israel and I think it could be a very formidable asset to DCS. I know it is no you currently have no Israeli assets but I think the Spyder Sam is a big underdog in the Sam world and it would be really cool to have ingame. I know this is kind of a lot and I don't want to be an annoying person because im sure you have your focus on other mods and stuff. Anyways I'm extremely impressed by your assets and I hope you can keep putting more of them out!

Thanks,

Rowdy 1-1

EDIT: Just realized the pion is man operated so I now know this will be a challenge to model.)

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Rowdy_Davido:

Thanks,

Rowdy 1-1

Hi Rowdy,

not exactly what you asked for (Spyder), but the IDF Mod Project is working on the Iron Dome SAM, which will be released soon. So there will be at least one israelian asset in that area. 

//Ted

• Like 6

Work in progress... ZTZ 99A2 with active protection system. It's definitely not perfect, but a representation of an APS with the DCS limitations. It will do it's best to protect the MBT from incoming ATGMs or AGMs by trying to blow them up within a couple of hundred meters. It scans 360 deg around the MBT and only has ammo for a couple of incoming threats. Unfortunately it cannot detect shells. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Skärmbild 2023-04-21 195619.jpg

Ooh, this will be fun!  Thank you very very much, Currenthill.  By the way, I did a bunch of liveries for the Type 052D, Type 055, Daring-class, and Arleigh Burke Flight iii ships.  I don't know how big all those files are when put together but if you want, I'll try and find a way to get them to you.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, currenthill said:

Work in progress... ZTZ 99A2 with active protection system. It's definitely not perfect, but a representation of an APS with the DCS limitations. It will do it's best to protect the MBT from incoming ATGMs or AGMs by trying to blow them up within a couple of hundred meters. It scans 360 deg around the MBT and only has ammo for a couple of incoming threats. Unfortunately it cannot detect shells. 

YEEEEEES 🙂

• Like 2

Thank you so much "CH" for all these wonderful mods, I have them all and to be honest couldn't live without them in the modern era of mission making in DCS. I was wondering though and a real outside thought, as the new Normandy 2.0 map is now out in early access have you ever thought of doing WW2 Assets such as tanks, armoured cars, military vehicles on both sides axis and allied.

Just a thought.

Rob.

Edited by Rob Mason
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 10:54 PM, Septic said:

Hi.

Your NASAM ER is amazing but I am experiencing degraded performance as soon as NASAMS detect Targets. The game even starts pausing every 3 sec then resumes (everything literally stops like you pause the game) if there are a bunch of target in the air being engaged by NASAM. I am using MT version

My specs are:

Core i3 10100 @3.60  (4 cores 8 threads)
24GB @3600mhz DDR4 RAM
GTX 1660 Super
resolution = 1920x1080 60HZ

in-game setting are med-low with all types of Shadows off, Terrain low. 

DCS works fine with every other of your assets.

null

Very strange that the issue occurs when it detect the targets, I will do some tests and see if I can reproduce the error, otherwise it'll be hard for me to troubleshoot the issue.

On 4/21/2023 at 3:49 AM, Rowdy_Davido said:

Thanks,

Rowdy 1-1

I'll add them to my inspiration list. 👍🏻

On 4/21/2023 at 9:34 AM, ivan-ivanov-1902 said:

Reload 2 Bastion missile 100000 sec?

Yep, there is no reload implemented yet. But I'll add it to the next release. 👍🏻

On 4/21/2023 at 10:32 AM, tripod3 said:

Bastion issue:

Missile launched from Novorossijsk to Poty sea zone reached abnormal huge speed and crashed in sea. 

Could it be the DCS bug where certain areas on the map (especially the non-central ones) creates very odd behavior. For example, assets floating in the air above the ground, missiles doing strange things. Do you have a miz file for me?

On 4/21/2023 at 11:40 AM, Ted Striker said:

Hi Rowdy,

not exactly what you asked for (Spyder), but the IDF Mod Project is working on the Iron Dome SAM, which will be released soon. So there will be at least one israelian asset in that area. 

//Ted

Yep, I've been supporting the IDF Mod guys with their Iron Dome. Looking forward to its release. Also, keep our fingers crossed about ED adding reflection values to rockets in the future. 👍🏻

15 hours ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

Ooh, this will be fun!  Thank you very very much, Currenthill.  By the way, I did a bunch of liveries for the Type 052D, Type 055, Daring-class, and Arleigh Burke Flight iii ships.  I don't know how big all those files are when put together but if you want, I'll try and find a way to get them to you.  

That would be great, thanks! Send me a message if you can't find a way to share them and we'll figure something out. 👍🏻

10 hours ago, Rob Mason said:

Thank you so much "CH" for all these wonderful mods, I have them all and to be honest couldn't live without them in the modern era of mission making in DCS. I was wondering though and a real outside thought, as the new Normandy 2.0 map is now out in early access have you ever thought of doing WW2 Assets such as tanks, armoured cars, military vehicles on both sides axis and allied.

Just a thought.

Rob.

I'm focused on the modern era assets at the moment, as there are enough of them that needs adding. 😅

9 hours ago, chen said:

✌️I could't express my grateful for these gifts by words 。

Thank you very much, appreciate it! 🫡

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Abburo said:

nullThese two variants should have similar main guns of 125 ... however the 99A2 barrel looks more like an artillery 🙂 ... not big deal... just saying 🙂  

image.png

Yeah, I agree. The caliber looks a little hefty on the 99A2. But interestingly enough, the length doesn't look that off compared to reference pics from tanks encyclopedia. 

The blue one is mine.

Skärmbild 2023-04-22 163058.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for all those high quality assets currenhill!

There seems to be a problem with the Isklander SSM 1.1.1 when its being unzipped.

I tried with 7-zip,Peazip and the Windows 10 buit-in unzipper with the same outcome:i get this error message

"Data error : Iskander SSM 1.1.1\Mods\tech\Iskander SSM 1.1.1\Textures\Iskander_SSM_textures.zip"

The Isklander appear in game but the textures are missing

I downloaded the file 3 time with the same results.

2023-04-22 10_20_35-100% Extracting E__Create Disk E_D ... nder SSM 1.1.1.zip.jpg

Screen_230422_102828.jpg