Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Hi @currenthill 

Do you have a wishlist or "list of what's next for modding"?

Current conflicts have shown that air defence systems Buk-M2 and especially Buk-M3 would also be very interesting for the DCS world.

If you need some help with data collection for MODs development and validating that, I will gladly help.

Also, if you have some templates (spreadsheet/excel) for mods and their specifications, you can send them to me to find and fill them with info.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gradjevinac said:

Hi @currenthill 

Current conflicts have shown that air defence systems Buk-M2 and especially Buk-M3 would also be very interesting for the DCS world.

If you need some help with data collection for MODs development and validating that, I will gladly help.

Also, if you have some templates (spreadsheet/excel) for mods and their specifications, you can send them to me to find and fill them with info.

Hi Currenthill, I wanted to add to your wish list. I would love to see Canadian War Ships.

Timex 3

I don't normally jump on the wishlist bandwagon, but...

With the recent news of the NSW potentially being sent to Ukraine, I think there's an opportunity for a ground-launched NSW asset.  

While it's likely that the NSW shore battery being sent is the complete road-mobile system, at this point it could also just be box launchers.

I doubt there's a good 3d model out there of the shore battery, but it may be possible to rip the box launcher geometry from existing models.  I'm a neophyte in the ways of 3d modeling and texturing so I have no idea how difficult this would be.

On 6/29/2023 at 10:04 PM, Ted Striker said:

Hi CH, I just came across this beautiful little bird. Don‘t know if you’re interested in AEW&C mods, but if you ever come across a suitable 3d model for this, I‘d be happy to donate it.

https://www.iai.co.il/p/p600-aew

I haven't focused on AEW&C yet, but you never know. I'm still missing the GlobalEye for my Swedish assets. 👍🏻

On 6/29/2023 at 11:23 PM, kolpakov_79 said:

👍🏻

7 hours ago, Gradjevinac said:

Hi @currenthill 

I have answered this several times in this thread. I shall make a FAQ on my web and link to. 

The short answer is, no. I don't have either an official wishlist of roadmap. But I'm very open to suggestions, and a lot of the suggestions have become assets. The Buk M3 would be interesting to make. We'll see. 

4 hours ago, Timex3 said:

Hi Currenthill, I wanted to add to your wish list. I would love to see Canadian War Ships.

Timex 3

Well, the Canadian Type 26 configuration would probably be the most interesting one to make. But aren't they planned to enter service in the 2030s?

3 hours ago, Citizen said:

I don't normally jump on the wishlist bandwagon, but...

With the recent news of the NSW potentially being sent to Ukraine, I think there's an opportunity for a ground-launched NSW asset.  

While it's likely that the NSW shore battery being sent is the complete road-mobile system, at this point it could also just be box launchers.

I doubt there's a good 3d model out there of the shore battery, but it may be possible to rip the box launcher geometry from existing models.  I'm a neophyte in the ways of 3d modeling and texturing so I have no idea how difficult this would be.

I guess it's the Naval Strike Missile (NSM) we're talking about here? I have some interest in it, especially since I already have the NSM and ship box launchers done. 👍🏻

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I haven't focused on AEW&C yet, but you never know. I'm still missing the GlobalEye for my Swedish assets. 👍🏻

👍🏻

I have answered this several times in this thread. I shall make a FAQ on my web and link to. 

The short answer is, no. I don't have either an official wishlist of roadmap. But I'm very open to suggestions, and a lot of the suggestions have become assets. The Buk M3 would be interesting to make. We'll see. 

Well, the Canadian Type 26 configuration would probably be the most interesting one to make. But aren't they planned to enter service in the 2030s?

I guess it's the Naval Strike Missile (NSM) we're talking about here? I have some interest in it, especially since I already have the NSM and ship box launchers done. 👍🏻

I would really appreciate it, you decide to come up with something Canadian. I'm a Canadian, it is said that the Royal Canadian Army have the best trained Infantry Troops in the World. My Grandparents lived just outside Trenten Ontario Canada. Trenten is home to Canada's largest Air Force Base! So when I wash a kid I would always see lot's of different aircraft. Canadian Forces Base, 8 Wing Trenten is home for the C-17A and the C-130J's. I also believe that there is also a SQN of F/A-18C's, since 9/11. Anything you come up with, I'm certain it will be great!

Timex 3 

• Like 1

vor 47 Minuten schrieb currenthill:

👍🏻

Yeah, the S106 GlobalEye would be superb too! 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

I guess it's the Naval Strike Missile (NSM) we're talking about here?

Yep, that's the one.  I have no idea how I managed to trip over my keyboard and get the acronym so wrong.

The fact that you have much of the assets already available is the only reason I suggested it.  I strongly feel that you should make whatever you find enjoyable!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gogi12 said:

Geran 2 drones?😁

Yep, it will be implemented as the Shahed 136 Loitering Munition. It's been designated Geran-2 in Russia. So it'll be assigned to both Iran and Russia.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hi, any chance of seeing older/more simply mods like the ZPY family and the DShK as AAA? They do not have the glamour of the biggest SAm and the actual AAA, but are still serving, after decades of battles around the world. And will be a amazing addition for both mud movers and helo pilots.

Iranian_soldier_shooting_with_DShk.webp

Kurdish_PKK_Guerilla_(11502895534) (1).jpg

zpu-1-foreground-and-zpu-4-background-anti-aircraft-guns-stand-in-a-holding-8be851-1024.jpg

FoVrv3taAAAFyGm.jpg

Edited by Stratos
  • Like 7

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

image.pngShahed 136 LM 1.0.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.0

• Release version

Credits

• Big thank you to MkD SENS who helped with the launcher 3D model

Known issues

• Booster rocket won't drop because I had to utilize the booster feature to spin the prop

Usage

• It's GPS/INS guided
  • Use Fire at point in mission editor, set only one (1) round per fire mission

Shahed 136 promo.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

Nice Job !
However the range ( - I know: sources on the internet - ) of the Shahed 136 is highly overestimated IMHO.
It is slow, got large wings: big lift but big drag also. A fifth of its range what you set is believable: about 200NM/360 Km.

• Like 1

sign-pic4.jpg

2 hours ago, pabel89 said:

Thanks! You are correct. Something seem to happen at around 82 nm. I shall investigate further.

Make sure to keep your targets within 82 nm for the time being. 👍🏻

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 5