Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

38 minuti fa, ivan-ivanov-1902 ha scritto:

è necessario registrare correttamente i piloni dell'F-35 per la maggior parte delle armi

Excuse my ignorance, how do you register the pylons? However the plane is guided by AI, maybe that's why they don't work, also because it also happens to me if I use F-15 and F-18, the same problem occurs, the missiles turn around but don't detach. 🙁

Just now, Ironghost said:

Excuse my ignorance, how do you register the pylons? However the plane is guided by AI, maybe that's why they don't work, also because it also happens to me if I use F-15 and F-18, the same problem occurs, the missiles turn around but don't detach. 🙁

I understand the interest in modding, but I'd appreciate if we could keep this thread about my assets. 👍🏻

• Like 8

19 минут назад, Ironghost сказал:

Извините за мое невежество, как вы регистрируете пилоны? Однако самолет управляется искусственным интеллектом, возможно, именно поэтому они не работают, также потому, что это случается и со мной, если я использую F-15 и F-18, возникает та же проблема, ракеты разворачиваются, но не отделяются. 🙁

the aircraft file contains weapons for each attachment point,on official planes, everything should work fine, if the aircraft is a mod, then you will have to try to make sure that the weapons come off decently

6 hours ago, Ironghost said:

I had imagined that they didn't share these mods, unfortunately I don't know how to load other types of weapons on planes.😌

Just edit the lua to add the particular weapon CSLID onto the Correct Pylon, obviously you need to also have the weapons/base aircraft they cam from to begin with.

I added the JAS Gripen Stormshadows to the default RAF Tornado GR4's for eye candy..

Then used Currenthills ones from the Ukrainian Su24M addon to have them actually work

Edited by Oban
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I added the TM-62M anti-tank mine to the Russia pack. They're not perfect since DCS doesn't really have the mechanics for mines. You set them as invisible and the approaching vehicles won't see them until they're really up-close. 

Here's an example.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Hi CH,

Question : Is there a way to preview the package and download just the new/updated ones instead of having to download the whole package ? I think it was like this before, but now i can't preview the packages anymore. 

RWC.

image.png

Edited by RWC

35 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I added the TM-62M anti-tank mine to the Russia pack. They're not perfect since DCS doesn't really have the mechanics for mines. You set them as invisible and the approaching vehicles won't see them until they're really up-close. 

Here's an example.

This is a absolutely fantastic addition CH! Thank you!

This items opens a lot of scenarios. However, can you please explain a bit the " really up-close" term. What means more exactly. Is the exploding trigger embedded in the mine mod?

• Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

28 minutes ago, Abburo said:

This is a absolutely fantastic addition CH! Thank you!

This items opens a lot of scenarios. However, can you please explain a bit the " really up-close" term. What means more exactly. Is the exploding trigger embedded in the mine mod?

Thanks! Yep, I had to do some smoke and mirrors workarounds. The mines are actually really small vehicles which will fire a short range projectile at the approaching target. So you can say that they work as proximity mines. But it's very close as you can see in the video. The approaching vehicles will notice them just a couple of meters before and try to steer away. But depending on your mine placement they may not succeed. It's also very dependent on the vehicle speed, just like in real time. If they go very fast they don't have the time to steer away. 

34 minutes ago, RWC said:

Hi CH,

Question : Is there a way to preview the package and download just the new/updated ones instead of having to download the whole package ? I think it was like this before, but now i can't preview the packages anymore. 

RWC.

image.png

I don't have any control of that, I think it's a built-in feature of Google Drive. I have no idea why preview doesn't work, they are ordinary zip files. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

Here's an example.

Now you must make mine clearing vehicles with mine flails or detonating cord 😄

Question : is it possible to use different effects of DCS's explosion (ex : cluster, fire explosion like where you destroy oil tanker), etc in a model you make ?

14 minutes ago, Kappa-131st said:

Now you must make mine clearing vehicles with mine flails or detonating cord 😄

Question : is it possible to use different effects of DCS's explosion (ex : cluster, fire explosion like where you destroy oil tanker), etc in a model you make ?

Most of the effect stuff is linked to a certain type of something. For example, that's the reason I can't have the large firing/smoke effect when firing guided ammunition from an artillery unit. Because the guided munition is configured as a missile and the large fire/smoke effect is only available for projectile/shell firing. It would be great if those effects were uncoupled so they could be used anywhere. 👍🏻

• Like 1

@currenthill sorry to bug you. The Pantsir S-1 and S-1 do not fire missiles or guns at Hellfires or Vhikrs though I believe they used to. Is that intended? They will fire at HARMs but the guns rarely hit. They will fire both guns and missiles at aircraft.  

Edit - More testing - The PGL-625 seems to have an issue targeting both aircraft and Hellfires with missiles. They just shoot straight in the air. The guns do target them well. The ZTZ99A2 MBT "active defense system" fires against Vhikrs but not Hellfires.

I uninstalled all other mods and used slow repair on my install. I also set "engage air weapons" checked.

Edited by GIJoeHole
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 10:14 AM, Timex3 said:

DCS World should update the CH-53. The current ED Version is terrible! The CH-53 Mod no longer works in DCS 2.9! Let's cross our fingers that DCS creates a realistic CH-53.

Timex 3 

I’d love to see a MH-53J, especially for the Syria map.  

• Like 4

I'm just gonna add to the noise to say thank you for these.

As a onetime 3D artist - in motion graphics mainly, so the focus was on rendering and lighting rather than modelling - anyway, I know how much time such work can take. You plan to take a week, it takes four. Much appreciated.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GIJoeHole said:

@currenthill sorry to bug you. The Pantsir S-1 and S-1 do not fire missiles or guns at Hellfires or Vhikrs though I believe they used to. Is that intended? They will fire at HARMs but the guns rarely hit. They will fire both guns and missiles at aircraft.  

Edit - More testing - The PGL-625 seems to have an issue targeting both aircraft and Hellfires with missiles. They just shoot straight in the air. The guns do target them well. The ZTZ99A2 MBT "active defense system" fires against Vhikrs but not Hellfires.

I uninstalled all other mods and used slow repair on my install. I also set "engage air weapons" checked.

Thanks for your testing. 👍🏻

Are you using my latest asset packs and not the single assets?

@currenthill RE: 

Thanks for your testing. 

Are you using my latest asset packs and not the single assets?

Yes I uninstalled all Mods, slow repaired DCS, and then installed the country asset packs using OVME

Edited by GIJoeHole

image.pngMilitary Asset Pack Russia 1.1.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.1.0

• Added 2S35 SPG
  • Added Ka-52 EOS movement based on cannon aim
  • Added Ka-52K EOS movement based on cannon aim
  • Added Kh-555 ALCM to Tu-160M2
  • Added Kh-555 ALCM to Tu-95MSM
  • Added TM-62M anti-tank mine
  • Added Tu-160M2 Strategic Bomber
  • Added Tu-95MSM option to remove external pylons
  • Added tags to S-350 assets
  • Added trajectory forecast for guns on all ships
  • Added trajectory forecast for guns on all vehicles
  • Changed 3M14T CEP
  • Changed 9M729 CEP
  • Changed Kh-101 maximum range
  • Changed Pantsir 2A38M dispersion
  • Changed Pantsir 2A38M rate of fire
  • Changed Tu-95MSM to 6 pylon rotary launcher
  • Changed radars reflection and countermeasures parameters for increased realism
  • Changed weapons reflection and countermeasures parameters for increased realism
  • Fixed 3M14T LACM targeting issue
  • Fixed 9M729 LACM targeting issue
  • Fixed Tor M2 missile cover animation issue
  • Fixed Tor M2M exploding missiles after launch issue
  • Fixed Tu-95MSM headlight not pointing forward
  • Fixed exhaust smoke dissipation on Kh-101
  • Removed CIWS burst fire for all ships
  • Removed Kh-65 from Tu-95MSM
  • Removed Pantsir 2A38M burst fire

Tu-160M2 promo.jpg

2S35 promo.jpg

• Like 19