Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

If DCS crashes on launch after installing these in the new large-faction-based-package format, simply delete and redownload. For me the Russian pack did this, after delete and reinstall it works fine. I think it was a matter of corrupt or incomplete download because i tried to download everything at once when upgrading to the new format from the prior single-unit downloads. Just a heads up.

2 hours ago, Abburo said:

The heli landing is a DCS thingy. Is known fact they cannot actually land anywhere, especially if the landing zone is a slope. Try place a helipad on the landing area or rework your mission and make sure the landing area is suitable (flat area, airbase, helipad)

The landing is an ordinary air base (airport). Other helicopters land just fine, the HKP just stay hovering 1 feet off the ground forever.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ThePops said:

What a truly amazing piece of work 🙂 Absolutely incredible.

One thing I noticed. The HKP 15B does not seem to land again. It just stay hovering at 1 feet forever. I have only tried at the Caucasus map. Sometimes it do land, but more often than not, it doesn't (no apparent regularity or reason that I could see).

Another thing is the KA-52 does not retract the landing gear when flying.

Thanks!

Do you have a test track with the Hkp 15B? I tried a couple of take/off and landings without issues. 

Also, I tested the Ka-52 and Ka-52K, no issues with the landing gear. 👍🏻

Are you running the Military Asset Pack Russia 1.1.0?

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Abburo said:

@currenthill the following query just stroke me ! 🙂

You mentioned about the mines that they have to be set to invisible, though they still can be seen when an enemy unit is close enough. I suppose is about a parameter that will define what is the minimum visibility range. So, my query to you if above is true, can this setting be extrapolated to the snipers, eventually to any future JTAC/spotters? 

I don't have any idea how this works so please excuse me if I'm saying any non-sense 🙂

Well, it's a bit strange. I was expecting invisible to literally mean invisible, that no approaching unit would be able to spot them. But somehow, when they get close enough, they are seen. I have not idea how and why, and haven't found a way to set this distance since it's a setting in ME - not in the asset configuration.

On 12/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, Abburo said:

SAM sites IADS setup question is not for CH. He created the assets then the logic is applied from various scripts which already know the units capabilities. 

To answer your MANTIS question: is always a good practice to setup the SR as first unit, then there is absolutely no specific order. Having SR as first unit is more like a requirement for the Skynet IADS (mist), but definetly not hurting MANTIS.

As we speak MANTIS is having an automode setup which works best of all. It requires just two lines of code, while rest of information is taken from the internal definition of sites (lorad/merad/shorad).

Be carefull about SAM sites naming convention which is very clearly stated on the Mantis doc page: flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Functional.Mantis.html

local BlueMantis = MANTIS:New("BlueMantis","Blue SAM","Blue EWR",nil,"blue",true)
BlueMantis:Debug(true)
BlueMantis.verbose = true -- watch DCS.log

BlueMantis:__Start(5)

Yeah. I have that all set up as per Mantis. It works in testing against a single target, however in mission it doesn't. The obvious difference is there is a CapZone overlapping hence friendlies in the area during game. I'm wondering if CH during his testing of the SAMs if he has seen this logic in action or is it just a glitchy mission. As its Mods I figured ED can wash their hands of it.

1 hour ago, DelRoy said:

Yeah. I have that all set up as per Mantis. It works in testing against a single target, however in mission it doesn't. The obvious difference is there is a CapZone overlapping hence friendlies in the area during game. I'm wondering if CH during his testing of the SAMs if he has seen this logic in action or is it just a glitchy mission. As its Mods I figured ED can wash their hands of it.

Your behavior's description is related only and only to your scripts definition. You may PM me if you would like to let me have a look on your setup!

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

@currenthill Testing updates so far: 
Pantsirs:

• Fixed: Fires guns and hits Hellfires (both L K versions) - Though in my opinion it starts to fire guns too soon, at 3.5km nothing hits so it exhausts it's ammunition too quickly. 2km seems better
  • Fixed: Fires missiles and hits Hellfires from any distance (both version)
  • Unsure if it is intended: Fires guns at Vikhrs but does not hit them from any distance
  • Fires Guns and hits Ataka missiles
  • Fixed: Fires missiles and hits HARMs, Fires guns and hits HARMs

2S38 SPAAG, both version:

• Unsure if it's intended: Fires guns at but misses Vikhrs and Hellfires
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, currenthill said:

Thanks!

Do you have a test track with the Hkp 15B? I tried a couple of take/off and landings without issues. 

Also, I tested the Ka-52 and Ka-52K, no issues with the landing gear. 👍🏻

Are you running the Military Asset Pack Russia 1.1.0?

Made a separate track just for the helicopters. At least in my DCS 🙂 (2.9 stable) none of the KAs raise the gears, and none of the two HKP 15Bs lands, they just stay hovering. This time, one of them first stay hovering, then run off, comes back and continue hovering forever.

The route is just take off from ramp, two waypoints at 1500 feet, then land at the same field.

1.1.0 Russia asset pack.

CH-test-heli.trk

Edited by ThePops

5 minutes ago, GIJoeHole said:

@currenthill Testing updates so far: 
Pantsirs:

• Fixed: Fires guns and hits Hellfires (both L K versions) - Though in my opinion it starts to fire guns too soon, at 3.5km nothing hits so it exhausts it's ammunition too quickly. 2km seems better
  • Fixed: Fires missiles and hits Hellfires from any distance (both version)
  • Unsure if it is intended: Fires guns at Vikhrs but does not hit them from any distance
  • Fires Guns and hits Ataka missiles
  • Fixed: Fires missiles and hits HARMs, Fires guns and hits HARMs

2S38 SPAAG, both version:

• Unsure if it's intended: Fires guns at but misses Vikhrs and Hellfires

Thanks!

I lowered the engagement range for the Pantsirs, but didn't want to make it too short since there are other targets than incoming missiles that it'll hit fine further away. 

The Vikhrs are hard to hit since they're more unstable in their flight path. It takes more than one Pantsir to defend from those. 

The 2S38 suffers from the issue of 'not enough lead in the air'. We would really need different kind of ammunition for it to be really useful, like proximity-fused HE.

1 minute ago, ThePops said:

Made a separate track just for the helicopters. At least in my DCS 🙂 (2.9 stable) none of the KAs raise the gears, and none of the two HKP 15Bs lands, they just stay hovering. This time, one of them first stay hovering, then run off, comes back and continue hovering forever.

CH-test-heli.trk 128.02 kB · 0 downloads

Ah, my assets are developed and tested with the latest DCS Open Beta. With all the changes being made between the DCS updates, it's impossible to have the assets working with older versions. 

8 minutes ago, currenthill said:

With all the changes being made between the DCS updates, it's impossible to have the assets working with older versions. 

Meaning that the stable version of DCS is not stable? 🙂 Anyway, excellent asset packs, and most of them works just perfect also in the stable unstable version of DCS 🙂  Maybe I should switch to the beta, it's just that I have no urge to update the sim every two weeks.

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

The Vikhrs are hard to hit since they're more unstable in their flight path. It takes more than one Pantsir to defend from those. 

@currenthill all of these tests were done with 4 pantsirs within close proximity but they still don't hit the Vikhrs. I tested about 100 or so, with fresh groups if they run out of ammo. As someone who flies the KA-50 a lot, even the CRAMs have a hard time with them, but they do hit them fairly regularly when shot as a single (often missing both if fired in pairs). Having said this, I feel like I am nit picking. I really appreciate your work! 

Help!!!

I'm trying to get the Ground Launched AShMs to work but theres no radar. No matter the way I try to start the engagement it won't fire. Ive tried the silkworm radar but it wont work. Help Please!!!

28 minutes ago, koslammer said:

Help!!!

I'm trying to get the Ground Launched AShMs to work but theres no radar. No matter the way I try to start the engagement it won't fire. Ive tried the silkworm radar but it wont work. Help Please!!!

Are these the Currenthill ground launched anti ship missiles? 

try setting and advanced waypoint action “Alarm state-RED”, so the radar will be on automatically, or alternatively add an AWACS to the mission. I would try to help more but I need either screenshots/log/mission itself 

7 hours ago, koslammer said:

Help!!!

which Ground Launched AShM.

the Bastion-P in the Russia pack also comes with a Monolit-B search and track radar.

if you are using the BAL anti ship missile, you also use the Monolit-B search and track radar. make sure the Monolit-B is the first vehicle in the group. and yea set alarm state to RED to force the radar on at mission start.

its seems that anti ship missiles can only be fired in a salvo of about 4-6 missiles, per AWACS aircraft.

so more AWACS on your side means a larger volley of anti ship missiles, as long as the target ships are within range for the AWACS.

Edited by lodewijk12
  • Like 1

Good day sir! I've noticed that there are some problems with LACM(spinning around, some flying correctly, usually 2-4 missiles are broken), especially with 3M14T launched from Project 11356R admiral grigorovich class frigate(LACM) and there were a problem with KH-555 from TU-160 once, 2 missiles initially were flying correctly, but after 5-10min started to spin. Mission that shows both problems is below. (I checked versions every pack is up-to-date). Thank you!

Mtest1254.miz

12 hours ago, EastNemo said:

Good day sir! I've noticed that there are some problems with LACM(spinning around, some flying correctly, usually 2-4 missiles are broken), especially with 3M14T launched from Project 11356R admiral grigorovich class frigate(LACM) and there were a problem with KH-555 from TU-160 once, 2 missiles initially were flying correctly, but after 5-10min started to spin. Mission that shows both problems is below. (I checked versions every pack is up-to-date). Thank you!

Mtest1254.miz 22.13 kB · 0 downloads

are they flying in circles kinda like a waiting pattern?

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:18 PM, currenthill said:

Unsure if it is intended: Fires guns at Vikhrs but does not hit them from any distance

@currenthill Update: there must have been some issue with my first tests, in practice the Pantsirs do in fact fire missiles and guns and hit vikhrs regularly depending on angles, distance, and height above ground when launched.

Edited by GIJoeHole

On 1/8/2024 at 9:36 PM, ThePops said:

Meaning that the stable version of DCS is not stable? 🙂 Anyway, excellent asset packs, and most of them works just perfect also in the stable unstable version of DCS 🙂  Maybe I should switch to the beta, it's just that I have no urge to update the sim every two weeks.

Yep, it's a double-edged sword. There are pros and cons with both versions. But I develop everything on the latest DCS Open Beta since it will give me the latest DCS features. 

20 hours ago, ArmoredPatriot said:

Hey guys, Armored Patriot here. 

I downloaded the Current hill American pack. i set up a ciws unit and new patriot. I also downloaded the RWR AND HARM ID pack. installed it and replaced the 2 items with the old ones in the scripts folder. and i get the patriot and ciws on RWR but NOT on my HAARMS or my HAD! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you 

Unfortunately the HARM stuff is out of my wheelhouse. I just collect the data from my assets and present them in these configurations. Maybe other users know more about this and can help? But thank you for reminding me to update the RWR and HARM ID pack with the latest units. 👍🏻

18 hours ago, EastNemo said:

Mtest1254.miz 22.13 kB · 1 download

It looks like you're not using the latest DCS Open Beta, or an older asset of mine. This was an issue that was corrected with the latest Open Beta together with my latest Military Asset Pack Russia. And I just tested, and it works fine. No circling. 👍🏻

15 hours ago, BaD CrC said:

Hello @currenthill and thanks for your awesome work.

Question about the Iranian Shahed 136 LM. Is it supposed to launch its drones? I can have the truck open its  trail but when setting a fire at point, nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Make sure your target point is outside the green minimum range zone and inside the red maximum range zone. 

6 hours ago, Tomhaitin said:

Maybe an Israeli pack with the panther troop transport and Namir ifv

👍🏻

4 hours ago, tripod3 said:

Wishlist:

Talash and Bavar SAMs, Fateh SSM

C-130 with MOAB and Daisy Cutter 

👍🏻

3 hours ago, Tomhaitin said:

Hi, after downloading the new assets packes only the air defences and misslies spawn for me. ED and currenthill. any suggestions 

See my FAQ: https://www.currenthill.com/faq

2 hours ago, GIJoeHole said:

@currenthill Update: there must have been some issue with my first tests, in practice the Pantsirs do in fact fire missiles and guns and hit vikhrs regularly depending on angles, distance, and height above ground when launched.

Great! 🫡

• Like 2