Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

40 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Skärmbild 2023-05-06 223550.jpg

Skärmbild 2023-05-06 223634.jpg

Skärmbild 2023-05-06 223611.jpg

Very interesting.  I'm not sure what I'm looking at but I'm excited to see it in action.  Also, in the future, will you consider the ZBL-08 8x8 IFV, ZBD-05 tracked amphibious IFV, the M1296 Stryker Dragoon, and maybe an upgraded M1A2 Abrams with APS? I know this is a lot of work for you and you are working closely with Admiral189 to bring us a Type 056 patrol ship but here's to a prosperous future.  

2 minutes ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

Very interesting.  I'm not sure what I'm looking at but I'm excited to see it in action.  Also, in the future, will you consider the ZBL-08 8x8 IFV, ZBD-05 tracked amphibious IFV, the M1296 Stryker Dragoon, and maybe an upgraded M1A2 Abrams with APS? I know this is a lot of work for you and you are working closely with Admiral189 to bring us a Type 056 patrol ship but here's to a prosperous future.  

It's the T-90M. 👍🏻

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

Very nice.  Well, all the best, and remember, between projects, you should take a break or two. 

Turret shape can tell you on this one. Look at a top angle comparison to the T80/T72 and it's quite different. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, currenthill said:

Skärmbild 2023-05-06 223550.jpg

Skärmbild 2023-05-06 223634.jpg

Skärmbild 2023-05-06 223611.jpg

I would love to see an M1A2c / M1A2 Sep v3 (there is now a Sep v4 but there aren't as many details on it as the v3) as a counter to this. With Trophy APS, ARAT ERA, M829A4, M1147, and the remote control .50 cal. Either way I love to see some new MBT's.

- Gundamator 

ezgif-1-c934090511.png

• Like 5

12 hours ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

Very nice.  Well, all the best, and remember, between projects, you should take a break or two. 

3 minutes ago, djuice said:

Damn, you've been churning these new mods out super fast. Take a rest if you need too! 

Thanks guys! The thing is... making these assets is me doing fun stuff instead of daytime work. So for me, making these is equivalent to taking a rest. 🤪

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, pabel89 said:

The missing textures on the tracks and smoke grenades in reality are black.

Screen_230507_135253.jpg

Smoke grenades launcher "Изделие 902 "Туча" (cloud) on T-90M

maxresdefault.jpg

Haha, the god damn tracks again. I’ll fix it. 👍🏻

• Like 2

image.pngT-90M MBT 1.0.1 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.1

• Fixed missing track textures
41 minutes ago, pabel89 said:

The missing textures on the tracks and smoke grenades in reality are black.

Smoke grenades launcher "Изделие 902 "Туча" (cloud) on T-90M

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks, but they can also be green.

Skärmbild 2023-05-07 133922.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Changelog Version 1.0.1

You work fast!  Regarding the T-90's usage in the ongoing Ukrainian war, might you consider adding cage armor to the roofs of the T-90M in a future update?  In the meantime, I will work on liveries with Z, Z with a square around it, V, and O painted onto the T-90, and other Russian vehicles like the Pantsir, Tor M2, and 2S38 Derivatsiya PVO.   

Also, for those who may not necessarily know, liveries won't work unless you enter this line of code in entry.lua

mount_vfs_liveries_path (current_mod_path.."/Liveries")

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, currenthill said:

Changelog Version 1.0.1

Thanks, but they can also be green.

Skärmbild 2023-05-07 133922.jpg

Thank you very much! I hardly ever comment on the forums, but I'm following along and you're an incredible talent and I need to thank you for your dedication to making DCS richer and more immersive!

I wanted to make a comment and I don't know if other people noticed that when I use the mods the FPS drops in relation to the units of the dcs itself (I noticed this comparing Patriot and Patriot PAC 3)

And now a request, and also a suggestion... would it be possible to make some version of the S-300?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cepacol said:

Thank you very much! I hardly ever comment on the forums, but I'm following along and you're an incredible talent and I need to thank you for your dedication to making DCS richer and more immersive!

I wanted to make a comment and I don't know if other people noticed that when I use the mods the FPS drops in relation to the units of the dcs itself (I noticed this comparing Patriot and Patriot PAC 3)

And now a request, and also a suggestion... would it be possible to make some version of the S-300?

Thank you!

There are two main reasons making my assets more resource intensive than DCS core assets. 

1) Polygon count. My assets are a lot heavier in general, a lot more polygons for DCS to keep track of. This could be improved by making lighter assets for when zoomed out (level of detail - LOD). I could also optimize my meshes to reduce polys. Unfortunately, both these options take more time, which I rather spend on new assets. 

2) Textures. My assets run pretty heavy 4K textures, and a lot of them. I could reduce texture sizes for smaller parts of the assets to make them less texture heavy. I could also have fewer textures (less detail per texture). But I kind of like the nice textures so I'll probably keep them pretty heavy. Lately I have been optimizing them a bit by using different texture resolution depending on the size of the object they are used for. This makes a lot of difference both in loading and in actual storage space. 

So, for you guys out there running very low spec, I'm sorry, but it is what it is. I'm a one man operation. Fortunately the MT version seem to (at least for me) improve these issues a lot. For reference, I run both development and DCS in 2160p on a 13700K with 64 GB and a RTX 3080. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

Thank you!

There are two main reasons making my assets more resource intensive than DCS core assets. 

1) Polygon count. My assets are a lot heavier in general, a lot more polygons for DCS to keep track of. This could be improved by making lighter assets for when zoomed out (level of detail - LOD). I could also optimize my meshes to reduce polys. Unfortunately, both these options take more time, which I rather spend on new assets. 

2) Textures. My assets run pretty heavy 4K textures, and a lot of them. I could reduce texture sizes for smaller parts of the assets to make them less texture heavy. I could also have fewer textures (less detail per texture). But I kind of like the nice textures so I'll probably keep them pretty heavy. Lately I have been optimizing them a bit by using different texture resolution depending on the size of the object they are used for. This makes a lot of difference both in loading and in actual storage space. 

So, for you guys out there running very low spec, I'm sorry, but it is what it is. I'm a one man operation. Fortunately the MT version seem to (at least for me) improve these issues a lot. For reference, I run both development and DCS in 2160p on a 13700K with 64 GB and a RTX 3080. 

Thanks for the answer! I asked out of curiosity. I keep using these mods as they are wonderful. As a reference 95% of the time using your mods I can keep 60fps (Vsync on).

For some reason I have the same performance in MT as in the normal version. What about the S-300 SAM, any chance?

В DCS отсутствует класс MPAP

Украина

varta.jpeg

НОВАТОР.jpeg

КОЗАК-2М.jpeg

КрАЗ.jpeg

КрАЗ-Шрек.jpeg

КрАЗ-Фиона.jpeg

Россия 

изображение.jpeg

«Тайфун-К».jpg

imgpreview.jpg

tigr-03.jpg

Edited by KLEPA
  • Like 4

i7 5960x 3.0@4.2GHz/ DDR4 16Gb 3000MHz @ / ASUS Rampage v крайняя x99 / SSD 240GB ASUS RAIDR Экспресс PCIe / 2xSSD 512GB raid.0 / 2xHDD 1Tb raid.0 / GeForce GTX Titan X / ASUS Rog Swift PG348Q 3440x1440/ HOTAS Warthog ™ / TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Cepacol said:

Thanks for the answer! I asked out of curiosity. I keep using these mods as they are wonderful. As a reference 95% of the time using your mods I can keep 60fps (Vsync on).

For some reason I have the same performance in MT as in the normal version. What about the S-300 SAM, any chance?

There is pretty good MOD for the S-300 / S-400 systems if that is what you looking for.  In all honesty, the updated S-10 complex that ED already has is brutal enough.

https://github.com/Auranis/HighDigitSAMs

Edited by SullyFUBAR
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tomy10 said:

@currenthill

Hi Current !

First, absolute thanks for your work ! I've download, tried and using most of your mods 😄 😄

second, have you consider opening an OVGME Repository ??? 😄 If already not done... 😄

thanks o7

Glad you like them! I didn't know about the OvGME Repository feature. I'll definitely look into it as I like OvGME.

1 hour ago, Cepacol said:

As mentioned before, look into the High Digit SAM mod. 👍🏻

49 minutes ago, KLEPA said:

В DCS отсутствует класс MPAP

Украина

varta.jpeg

НОВАТОР.jpeg

КОЗАК-2М.jpeg

КрАЗ.jpeg

КрАЗ-Шрек.jpeg

КрАЗ-Фиона.jpeg

Россия 

изображение.jpeg