Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Hi CH, would you consider creating Royal Canadian Armed  Forces Assets? I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks for all you do for the DCS Community,

Timex 3Better logistical support: Petawawa takes delivery of first SMP trucks | Canadian  Army TodayCanadian Army MSVS Trucks Complete First Year | Joint Forces NewsCanada Awards Major Military Procurement Contracts for New Trucks |  DefenceTalkMedium support vehicle system project - Canada.caExplore the History Of Canada's Little Tank Trainer, The CougarARV Coyote, Royal Canadian Dragoons (Armoured), 2 Canadian… | FlickrCanadian Military Accepts First Armored Combat Support VehiclesRCD Range | Canadian armed forces, Canadian army, Armored fighting vehicleFires and rollovers plague Canadian Army's $600 million fleet of new armoured  vehicles | National PostSCOTT TAYLOR: Canadian Military Faces Serious Shortages, 56% OFFCanadian Army on X: "Light Armoured Vehicles from Princess Patricia's  Canadian Light Infantry and Leopard 2A4 Main Battle Tanks from Lord  Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians) move through the simulated battlespace  in theCanada considering sending 4 Leopard tanks to Ukraine: sources | CBC NewsLeopard 2A4M CAN: The Maple Leaf Leopard - Ground - War Thunder — official  forumRoyal Canadian Navy Accepts Delivery of First Arctic and Offshore Patrol  Ship - Naval NewsNaval Analyses: FLEETS #30: The Royal Canadian Navy, vessels in service and  in developmentHalifax-class frigate - WikipediaSikorsky CH-148 Cyclone - WikipediaGovernment of Canada announces contract to extend life of Royal Canadian  Air Force fleet of 85 CH‑146 Griffon helicoptersMSVS logistic trucks steer through first deployment in Latvia | Canadian  Army TodayARV Coyotes "Ready to Roll" 1 Troop, D Squadron, Royal Can… | FlickrCanadian Military (DND) Western Star dump truck 1 Ottawa, … | Flickr

• Like 4

On 5/11/2024 at 5:35 PM, HighMaintenanceB said:

This is why Currenthill deserves so much credit.  And let's face it - these 3D models aren't cheap, and all the programming and texturing work takes time.   We value you as a generous contributor to the DCS community, and speaking of which, I'm going to donate to https://ko-fi.com/currenthill

I 100% agree with you! These models that CH uses are not cheap!! CH has done so much for the DCS Community, so it's the least we can do and help him out with the costs!! I've recently tried using my Mastercard, but I'm still having issues. It won't recognize my card. I have never had a problem with my card, but for some reason, it will not work. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. I have used a pre-paid card, but it won't even work. So I think I will ask CH if I could buy a model for him and see if that works! 

Timex 3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, currenthill said:

Skärmbild 2024-05-13 150059.jpg

Awesome!!!!
As speaking of German assets: A Wiesel is needed  so badly! In regards of the coming C-130 and CH-47 modules as well to complete the asset pack!

waffentraeger-wiesel-1-mk-getarnt-auf-strasse.jpg

waffentraeger-wiesel-1-tow-im-verschneiten-wald.jpg

waffentraeger-wiesel-1-mk-getarnt-im-wald.jpg

waffentraeger-wiesel-1-tow-im-gelaende.jpg

01_1014-wiesel-mk20.jpg

Like so:

44795327_2114191948602080_8346119924355170304_n.jpg

• Like 5

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

On 5/6/2024 at 8:25 PM, Kappa-131st said:

@currenthill, is it possible to make a HD's model for the rest of DCS russian ships :

• The Grisha class
  • The Krikav II class (Rezky)
  • The Neutrashimy class
  • The Kirov class

Thus, with the AKULA & Typhoon mods, and the Sovremeniy & Udaloi mods that can easily be found on the site, we would have enough to populate Severomorsk with both a Russian (Modern) and Soviet (Cold War) navy.

Of course, any additional Finnish, Norwegian or Swedish units would be a must to populate this new map!

Also it would be great to add a HD model for the existing Russian Tu-142 ASW aircraft model (now they are being modernized up to Tu-142M3M/Tu-142MRM versions) or a new IL-38 model (now being modernized up to Il-38N version) to populate new Kola map airfields like Severomorsk-1 (would be good for Caucasus and Syria too). 

Tu-142.jpg

Il-38.jpg

• Like 13

Am 13.5.2024 um 07:51 schrieb currenthill:

It sounds like you used them wrong. The main reason for my assets to break is when ED updates DCS and changes core game configurations. This often means I have to update my assets for them to work. This is unfortunately inevitable, but I usually make the changes pretty quickly. 

I tested the anti-aircraft mods again yesterday. It's really that you don't respond to enemy threats. Neither the Thaad SAM nor the Mim 104 Patriot SAM or the Nasams 3 SAM. If you talk about updating, I don't understand because the CH mods are 2023 and we are in 2024. The thing that made the mod work was the soldiers who shot it. I set the SAM positions in the editor as ROE “weapon free” or “fire free” and red to “alarm state”. They did nothing when the enemy flew over them. Because the standard SAM from the editor went clear when there was a fire and red when there was an alarm.

21 minutes ago, PAW said:

I tested the anti-aircraft mods again yesterday. It's really that you don't respond to enemy threats. Neither the Thaad SAM nor the Mim 104 Patriot SAM or the Nasams 3 SAM. If you talk about updating, I don't understand because the CH mods are 2023 and we are in 2024. The thing that made the mod work was the soldiers who shot it. I set the SAM positions in the editor as ROE “weapon free” or “fire free” and red to “alarm state”. They did nothing when the enemy flew over them. Because the standard SAM from the editor went clear when there was a fire and red when there was an alarm.

Since I know they work, send my your mission file (.miz) and I’ll take a look. 👍🏻

A common error with SAM systems is not having them in the same group. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, currenthill said:

Since I know they work, send my your mission file (.miz) and I’ll take a look. 👍🏻

A common error with SAM systems is not having them in the same group. 

Ive seen this issue as well, others have mentioned it ref NASAMS on the GR Youtube channel.  Il see if i still have the mission where the Mim 104 wouldnt fire.

AMD 3800x, Asrock 570X Taichi, 32GB Corsair Platinum, MSI 1080Ti, Corsair MP600 Gen 4 1TB NVMe. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB SSD, Custom Watercooling, AOC 32" 4K Screen.

1 hour ago, pegasus1 said:

Ive seen this issue as well, others have mentioned it ref NASAMS on the GR Youtube channel.  Il see if i still have the mission where the Mim 104 wouldnt fire.

I just ran a test mission with the MIM-140 Patriot and the NASAMS 3 from my US pack. They worked great, no issues. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

I just ran a test mission with the MIM-140 Patriot and the NASAMS 3 from my US pack. They worked great, no issues. 

yeah i haven't seen a problem like that either.

they're probably forgetting the command post or the EPP(for the patriot)

8 hours ago, mkrasin said:

Would it be a big ask to have it in camouflage, green and desert paint?

Here are my guiding principles on liveries for my assets:

• Avoid markings since I need the assets to be able to be used by several countries without having to redo all the textures
  • Two liveries: camouflage and desert (if user countries doesn't use camouflage it will instead be green)

You have to remember that every added bit of work becomes enormous with scaling. I have almost 200 assets to maintain, if I want to add a livery type to each, it'll take a long time since I have to make 200 new liveries. 

Some of my older assets doesn't follow this yet, but as I update each country pack I add the missing liveries. 👍🏻

• Like 21

bug report:
When a player controlled CH USA pack L-ATV ground unit bumps into another ai ground unit in the same group, FPS drops by 90%. The issue occurred when reversing, and was replicated between different L-ATVs.
I have tested this with stock ED assets (Hilux) and they do not suffer the same issue.
I have not tested CH units from other packs.

2 hours ago, MrWheatley said:

is there any chance of working with ED to get these assets officially implemented like Massuns assets?

Unfortunately, that would require him to sign loads of exclusivity paperwork and probably put all of his content, future or retroactively, behind the ED Paywall for like $550 per asset pack or something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joey_Destroyah said:

Unfortunately, that would require him to sign loads of exclusivity paperwork and probably put all of his content, future or retroactively, behind the ED Paywall for like $550 per asset pack or something.

Massuns assets are getting added to the next update for free

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MrWheatley said:

is there any chance of working with ED to get these assets officially implemented like Massuns assets?

That will never happen and players don't want it. Massuns are "cosmetics" that are neutral and have no effect on gameplay. Formulating a weapon requires a lot of data, not from wiki data

many  unverified user-mode attack vehicles/missiles have never been made official so far.

Edited by lee1hy
  • Like 1

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, lee1hy said:

That will never happen and players don't want it. Massuns are "cosmetics" that are neutral and have no effect on gameplay. Formulating a weapon requires a lot of data, not from wiki data

many  unverified user-mode attack vehicles/missiles have never been made official so far.

This for sure is not be the ultimate problem for CH mods not getting ever official as Massun's. The main difference in here is the fact that CH is using pre-build 3D models which have various "legal terms" attached. Those are not preventing the free usage as it is right now, but once they will arrive in a commercial product like DCS World is, those terms will prevent publishing and will go into some legal stuff.

And also we need to know the CH throw a big pack of money and time on them just to make them free for us! 

Edited by Abburo
  • Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

2 hours ago, Abburo said:

This for sure is not be the ultimate problem for CH mods not getting ever official as Massun's. The main difference in here is the fact that CH is using pre-build 3D models which have various "legal terms" attached. Those are not preventing the free usage as it is right now, but once they will arrive in a commercial product like DCS World is, those terms will prevent publishing and will go into some legal stuff.

And also we need to know the CH throw a big pack of money and time on them just to make them free for us! 

I'll stay away from going into details about things I don't know enough about, like EDs business model and such.

But when it comes to my models, the majority of them would be safe to distribute with a game. In simple terms, the most common license type stipulates that redistribution 3D model file in its native format is forbidden. But it's okay if it's exported in a proprietary format like EDM, that requires reverse engineering to obtain. That's actually one of the main reasons they are for sale in the first place. It's often a large part of the advertisement, and also why the original creator have to accept the standardized license agreement when selling them through these sites (like Turbosquid and CGTrader etc).

• Like 8