Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Hello CH, an idea for a future mod is the new type 26 frigate from the UK, the reason i suggest this mod is because Australia (hunter class) and Canada (Canadian surface combatant) are building their own sub-classes of the ship so its kind of like a 3 in 1, the UK 's ones are planned to be operational by 2028 so it may be too early to make this as a mod, the UK variant will have 2x 24 cell VLS, 1 holding 48 sea ceptors and the other one carrying surface to surface missiles. This is the wiki page for it for more information, there you can also find the wiki pages for the Canadian and Australian sub-classes; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_26_frigate Reason i bring this up is because GR has recently published a video about Australia and china and since cap is from the UK this may make him happy two 🙂 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, clanitho said:

Oups sorry , i was using 1.2.0, my bad 😜

3 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Thank you. Now everything is fine. Sorry to bother you)

No worries, my updates arrives rather frequently. 😅

Edited by currenthill
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

Any plans of adding other S-300 variants like the SA-12 Gladiator/Giant and SA-20 or the fun S-400?🙃

As mentioned in the thread, there is already such a mod available. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Hello CH, an idea for a future mod is the new type 26 frigate from the UK, the reason i suggest this mod is because Australia (hunter class) and Canada (Canadian surface combatant) are building their own sub-classes of the ship so its kind of like a 3 in 1, the UK 's ones are planned to be operational by 2028 so it may be too early to make this as a mod, the UK variant will have 2x 24 cell VLS, 1 holding 48 sea ceptors and the other one carrying surface to surface missiles. This is the wiki page for it for more information, there you can also find the wiki pages for the Canadian and Australian sub-classes; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_26_frigate Reason i bring this up is because GR has recently published a video about Australia and china and since cap is from the UK this may make him happy two 🙂 

Would you look at that... a mushroom farm. 😜

Skärmbild 2023-05-13 222612.jpg

1 hour ago, RaptorFighter said:

It is unlikely that anyone will be able to catch up with You, my Friend!🙃

Haha! 🫡

• Like 8

On 5/12/2023 at 5:58 PM, tripod3 said:

There is Kinzhal missile mod somewhere in Discord. 

But author almost abandoned it. Works as SEAD from Mig-31, but doesn't work as pinpoint strike. Would be great if someone help  complete it. Nice addition to related system iskander

Yep, that will be wonderful. And also stock Kh-22 missiles for Tu-22M3 can not be launched on the given coordinates, guided using INS, as the current events show to us

• Thanks 1

I agree to the comment above that as a game player, this is the first time I'm unable to catchup with a mod maker. 😂 I still remember the first time I saw currenthill's name when the Visby model was refurbished, what I then thought to be a one time appearance has now turned out to be one of the most prolific mod makers in dcs. Thank you for all your passion and work in integrating modern systems into dcs !

• Like 3

On 5/12/2023 at 4:58 PM, tripod3 said:

There is Kinzhal missile mod somewhere in Discord. 

But author almost abandoned it. Works as SEAD from Mig-31, but doesn't work as pinpoint strike. Would be great if someone help  complete it. Nice addition to related system iskander

6 hours ago, Wild_Weasel_31 said:

Yep, that will be wonderful. And also stock Kh-22 missiles for Tu-22M3 can not be launched on the given coordinates, guided using INS, as the current events show to us

I actually created the Kinzhal about 6 month ago. But it's part of the assets I make in collaboration with GR/Cap, for use in his videos. So it's not released publicly. 

Skärmbild 2023-05-14 133430.jpg

2 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

I agree to the comment above that as a game player, this is the first time I'm unable to catchup with a mod maker. 😂 I still remember the first time I saw currenthill's name when the Visby model was refurbished, what I then thought to be a one time appearance has now turned out to be one of the most prolific mod makers in dcs. Thank you for all your passion and work in integrating modern systems into dcs !

Thank you! 👍🏻

1 hour ago, dave76 said:

hello, are you going to make also the samp/t ? 🙂

I know it's in the works by an other modder, so I've held back on it. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, currenthill said:

I actually created the Kinzhal about 6 month ago. But it's part of the assets I make in collaboration with GR/Cap, for use in his videos. So it's not released publicly. 

You still have time to work hard on the side !!! I'm in total shock!😲

5 hours ago, currenthill said:

Thank you! 👍🏻

I know it's in the works by an other modder, so I've held back on it. 

Do you plan to make  Kinzhal for your own Mods?

8 hours ago, patpatpowercat said:

With the RWR and HARM codes being modded into the base DCS directory, anyone know how this works for multiplayer? Is it client side required? Server side? Both?

Thanks!

This is client sided mod. As a rule of thumb, any scripting mod that is applied in mission.miz file can be considered as server sided so clients have nothing to do on their side. In this case however the mod is applied on the local DCS folders, hence is a client side mod. The server does not  really require this RWR mod on its side, but from my past experiences with modding, a best practice would be that the server would have the mods on its side too....

Hope it helps!

Edited by Abburo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

15 hours ago, Septic said:

Me curious also.

Be nice to see Kinzhal go up against @currenthill's IRIS-Ts... and PATRIOT, obviously.  Below is from an earlier WIP and the IRIS-Ts have been pulled back from the Kobuleti fence already:

DCS 2023-04-24 03-39-57.jpg

DCS 2023-04-24 03-40-37.jpg

I know going old school

Any chance to see the V-1 Rocket, the V-2 Rocket, or ME-262?

Thanks,

or He-162 Salamander

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Hi Currenthill
I love all your awesome mods ! You make such a good job!

I'd like to suggest a mod idea that I'd love to see that might be really easy to do...
In the game, there are currently a few old "armed house" models. (a bunker and a armed house). The models are also very old and ugly, and do not offer a variety of armaments (only automatic rifles)...

What DCS lacks is more advanced armed buildings, with for example, buildings with several machine gunners at the windows, or snipers, RPGs, mortars or ATGMs or Manpads in building who look like the ones on DCS.. .

The objective is to be able to create urban guerrilla missions with armed buildings that cannot be distinguished from another building in the game, and which can be integrated into cities, and with various armaments, light, heavy, anti tanks, anti-aircraft, anti-personnel...

These kind of buildings would be perfect for carrying out urban warfare missions.
We can of course put units "on the roofs", but they are then identifiable from afar. Need more armed house with more type of soliders inside !

As you have already made lots of units that I found really incredible for our gaming experience, I thought I could "suggest" this idea ^^

• Like 2

Its got the launcher but no missile I can find

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

On 5/14/2023 at 7:27 PM, Septic said:

We'll see. The land and sea assets I create are pretty much standalone, unlike a missile would be. 

13 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Me curious also.

Be nice to see Kinzhal go up against @currenthill's IRIS-Ts... and PATRIOT, obviously.  Below is from an earlier WIP and the IRIS-Ts have been pulled back from the Kobuleti fence already:

DCS 2023-04-24 03-39-57.jpg

DCS 2023-04-24 03-40-37.jpg

8 hours ago, ruddy122 said:

I know going old school

Any chance to see the V-1 Rocket, the V-2 Rocket, or ME-262?

Thanks,

or He-162 Salamander

Not in the immediate future, there are enough modern and semi-modern assets to make. 😅

6 hours ago, Kappa-131st said:

Hi Currenthill
I love all your awesome mods ! You make such a good job!

I'd like to suggest a mod idea that I'd love to see that might be really easy to do...
In the game, there are currently a few old "armed house" models. (a bunker and a armed house). The models are also very old and ugly, and do not offer a variety of armaments (only automatic rifles)...

What DCS lacks is more advanced armed buildings, with for example, buildings with several machine gunners at the windows, or snipers, RPGs, mortars or ATGMs or Manpads in building who look like the ones on DCS.. .

The objective is to be able to create urban guerrilla missions with armed buildings that cannot be distinguished from another building in the game, and which can be integrated into cities, and with various armaments, light, heavy, anti tanks, anti-aircraft, anti-personnel...

These kind of buildings would be perfect for carrying out urban warfare missions.
We can of course put units "on the roofs", but they are then identifiable from afar. Need more armed house with more type of soliders inside !

As you have already made lots of units that I found really incredible for our gaming experience, I thought I could "suggest" this idea ^^

Great idea, thanks! 👍🏻

1 hour ago, tripod3 said:

How can I raise Thor Radar?

It will automatically be raised when targets get within range. But you can force it by setting the unit alarm state to red. Which I recommend if you want it to be ready for incoming threats. 

• Like 5