Order still not shipped...

Chief Instructor

I ordered a VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base 6 weeks ago and was told that shipping would be between 3-5 weeks. Every time I contact their sales/support, they increase the shipping time and tell me that my order will ship "next week".

Needless to say, I still haven't got the item or received any shipping notification. 

However, I was charged a hefty 440 Euros at the time of ordering and am disappointed by such a long delay after I've given them my money!

I don't want to knock them too hard as I appreciate that the logistics can be difficult but I do feel that I was given a slightly fanciful estimate of lead time when I made my sales enquiry. At least, the option to be charged when the item ships would be welcome.

Is my experience typical?

CFI

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

VIRPIL has been experiencing some issues with processing orders since the new year, I think.

Here a thread from their official forum where one of their officials explained why this happened.  Sorry, too lazy to search for that one reply.

According to the comments in the thread orders processing time has been speeding up recently. 

I ordered 2022/11/25 delivered approx 10 weeks later, the black friday / xmas sales were super busy so it took a lot longer for stuff to arrive

You can always cancel your order and get your money back if you dont want to wait

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Virpil has become very popular. It took my gear about 5-6 weeks. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Recently received an email saying (pp) "although the CP3 is shipped from the US, it is manufactured in Belarus. Please check with your local customs authority, and let us know how you wish to proceed."

Anyone using the US store having customs issues with a shipment from this year?

Joining the club. Ordered the ACE Collection Pedals end of December 2022 (Virpil EU Shop). Waited for 8 weeks and support still was trying to tell me to wait more 2 weeks. I canceled my order and got my money back via Paypal.

Right now I ordered just the VPC Flightstick Extension, it has been 2 weeks since my order and nothing happened. Let's see how far we come this time. I fully understand the circumstances that EU sanctions for Belarus may lead to these problems. As far as I am aware, they try to mitigate this by distributing the shipment from Lithuania. But otherwise it is not fair for the customer either to just get a back-order timeframe that is completely undefined.

EDIT: Got the extension after 3 weeks. My new WarBRD-D was 2 weeks from order to shipping (EU-Shop). It seems like shipping times are normalizing.

Edited by Tepnox

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

Add me to the list, just ordered the MongoosT-50CM2 Base. It's on backorder so won't see it anytime soon I suspect, but since my rig is currently partially disassembled so that I can paint the seat parts and consoles, plus needs modification to take the MFG Crosswind pedal I ordered, it will be a while before I'm in a position to use it.

I checked out the downloads page to se if they have bolt fixing dimensions for bolting directly to a baseplate, but seems they don't have it posted. Anyone know where I can get it?

Cheers

Les

Post on Virpil forums about tis. you'll almost certainly get a reply form a tech.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 month later...

What delivery times are people currently experiencing from the USA store? I ordered some ACE Torq pedals 4 weeks ago and it's still showing as processing. I knew to expect a long wait but I was just curious how long. What are people experiencing? 6 weeks, 8 weeks, longer? Thanks.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2