Normandy 2.0 upgrade price: Did ED just Re-Neg on the owners of both maps?

Major_Mayhem

In the 07 October 2022 Weekly Newsletter on the Normandy 2 map it stated ....

"DCS: Normandy 2 will be available as a complete map for $59.99 USD. If you have either DCS: Normandy 1944 or DCS: The Channel maps, you can purchase Normandy 2 for $14.99 USD. If you own both, you can purchase DCS: Normandy 2 for only $9.99 USD."

Source: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/586a6c51e05f3e73556af3f5682afdcb/

In the current 03 March 2023 Weekly Newslette on the Normany 2.0 Map the Development Update update states ....

"those of you who already own Normandy 1944 or Channel maps, the Normandy 2 upgrade will be available for only $14.99. Please read the details below and check out the Development Screenshots."

&

"The price of the Normandy 2 map is $59.99, but for all users of Normandy 1944 or Channel the new map will be available at a price of $14.99. The map will be available on both our eShop and Steam."

Source: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/fca09769c3ce35947bcff6542caa3b1b/

There is no mention of the 9.99 price for owners of both the Normandy 1944 and Channel Map in the latest update.

So my question is did Eagle Dynamics just Re-neg on us?

normandy2.jpg

Edited by Major_Mayhem
  • Like 3

• Major_Mayhem changed the title to Normandy 2.0 upgrade price: Did ED just Re-Neg on the owners of both maps?

Maybe ED should stop stating prices before a product is actually up for sale.

At least this way ED doesn't anger it's player base when they pull the rug out from under their customers feet and make themselves look bad.

While those of us that have both maps are only getting screwed out of $5 it's still a dirty move!

In all honestly I am going to spreed the word on this, and other will do the same. It will eventually make it into other gaming forums, social media, Youtube, etc.

Some day the gaming industry needs to learn to not make promises they can't keep!

• Like 1

"It was a mistake in the newsletter. Original pricing will be honoured."

Ummm ED has confirmed that there will be no $9.99 price for owners of both the Normandy 1949 and channel maps. This has been confirmed on facebook and in the "DCS Newsletter Discussion 3rd March 2023 - Normandy 2" as AdrianL pointed out a few post ahead of yours.

Basically they broke their word. I personally think that owners of both maps are such a minority it shouldn't hurt ED that bad to honor the original upgrade pricefor both maps, but on the flip side owners of both maps are such a minority that ED really isn't worried about breaking their word to us ... So what if a small percentage of players feel betrayed and walk away it's apparently worth it more to ED that they make that extra $5 from the owners of both maps willing to put up with it.

I'm not a very good fanboy. I love fallout games ... but I would never defend Bethesda for the mess that is fallout 76. I have well over $750 bucks invested in DCS over the last 10+ years, but I'm not fanboy enough defend them on breaking their word on prices even a measly $5.

I would have been less upset if ED had raised the price for owners of both maps to $14.99 and the owners of one map to $19.99, but instead owners of both maps got thrown under the bus.

Pictured are two copy and paste responses that ED (probably Nineline) made on facebook regarding price.

DCSprice2.jpg

EDprice.jpg

Edited by Major_Mayhem
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Major_Mayhem said:

ED has confirmed that there will be no $9.99 price for owners of both the Normandy 1949 and channel maps

They made a mistake and are honoring the $9.99 price.

The post below is what everyone was referring too. GG ED

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Again Major. You got it wrong.
I don't consider myself a "fan boy", but I have fun with DCS and have decided that my investment of ≈1300 over the past three years is well worth it. 5 here or there makes no sense. 750 over 10 seems cheap.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AdrianL said:

They made a mistake and are honoring the $9.99 price

Thanks for the update AdrianL.

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Again Major. You got it wrong.
I don't consider myself a "fan boy", but I have fun with DCS and have decided that my investment of ≈1300 over the past three years is well worth it. 5 here or there makes no sense. 750 over 10 seems cheap. emoji2960.png

Honestly MAXsenna I don't care, if this forum had a user to user ignore or block list you would be on it the minute I pegged you (even if wrongly so) as one of those people that defend bad developer behavior like loot boxes and micro transactions in full priced AAA single player games.

I sited my sources and showed were I was getting my information, so did AdrianL, which I appreciate. From my perspective ED dropped the $9.99 price for owners of both maps in the march newsletter, Both on the forums and on social media ED was stating that they did in-fact dropped the discount for owning both maps. I posted screen shots. Apparently about 11 hours ago (midnight my time) Kate Perederko stated it was their mistake. Apparently other ED staff like Nineline ran with it and put out bad information based on that mistake.

When I asked about the discount for owners of all maps on being dropped on "DCS World by Eagle Dynamics" facebook page (that is usually managed by Nineline/Norm) Myself and several others got the same copy/paste response from ED ...

"Since then, the developer has listened to customers and have added a huge amount of additional detail, like new airfields and POIs. This was not originally planned when first announced. As such, the discount pricing has to change a little to account for this."

The only response from ED that didn't seem to be a scripted Copy/Pasted response were the ones Nineline signed (pictured.) So in all honesty either communications between ED staff is rather chaotic or ED was going to toss owners of both Maps under the bus and backtracked due to community back lash. Either way as long as they honor their promise I'm good.

EDPrice3.jpg

Edited by Major_Mayhem
  • Like 1

@Major_Mayhem

Apologies! I was in the impression that you were in for some minor banter, but re-reading the thread I can see now that I probably had a too few many beers. Being Norwegian getting a lot of gold in the Nordic Skiing Championship (which no-one else really cares about) gets me this way. Sorry!

I do agree though that ED should aim for gold in the comms department, but they do better, and will get there!

Cheers!

EDIT: You can absolutely block/ignore me though.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No problem MAXsenna I'm really fast to judge people.

But this is starting to become a Cluster Bomb (Bomb is not the word I would use, but I don't want to get banned) Apparently the people running ED's DCS facebook page (See Screen shot) are still claiming the max discount is $14.99 even if you do own both maps. I really wish Eagle Dynamics would clear this up across all media (Social, ED forums, Newsletter etc.) once and for all.

EDprice5.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Major_Mayhem said:

Honestly MAXsenna I don't care, if this forum had a user to user ignore or block list you would be on it the minute I pegged you (even if wrongly so) as one of those people that defend bad developer behavior like loot boxes and micro transactions in full priced AAA single player games.

If? Here ya go: https://forum.dcs.world/ignore/

Poor @MAXsenna will never be able to sleep now...

Edited by Chump
Sorry for the sarcasm, but $5 is not an issue in the big picture
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I own Channel Map on Steam.  I'm only see options for "Full Map" $49.99, "If you have Normandy 1944 Map" $14.99 and "If you own both Normandy 1944 and Channel map" $9.99 .  I thought the $14.99 discount was if you own either Normandy or Channel map?

Edited by DBFlyguy
  • Like 1

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

8 minutes ago, Skunk 2-1 said:

Well, at Steam for 13,96€ for me as owner of Channel and Normandy Map. Not 9,99.

If you own both maps, you should see 3 offers at Steam:

nullimage.png

1. EUR 9,30 (if you own both, Normandy 1944 & The Channel)
  2. EUR 13,96 (if you own either Normandy 1944 or The Channel)
  3. EUR 43,81 (full prize, if you don't own Normandy 1944 or The Channel)

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

vor 16 Minuten schrieb AstonMartinDBS:

If you own both maps, you should see 3 offers at Steam:

nullimage.png

1. EUR 9,30 (if you own both, Normandy 1944 & The Channel)
  2. EUR 13,96 (if you own either Normandy 1944 or The Channel)
  3. EUR 43,81 (full prize, if you don't own Normandy 1944 or The Channel)

The second option is not available in Steam. It just says upgrade if you own Normandy not upgrade if you own Normandy or Channel

Just bought Normandy 2 for $3.45!!!!

New to DCS, 4weeks in,  bought some props, Channel map and asset pack too. Turns out I amassed some miles and could use those to fund this. Bit of a result and for a change in my favour.

Now off to DL and see what's it all about!

Question: since I already have all those maps, I went to buy Normandy 2.0, was told in the cart I already had a serial for it. I havent bought it yet AFAIK, its not installed per Module Manager, but here we are. How did I get the map without paying 9.99 for it?

Screenshot 2023-04-21 114715.jpg

Screen_230421_114916.jpg

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I jumped on the store to buy it just now, and apparently I already have a serial number for it, and am getting a flashing red message to the same effect at checkout.

I don't remember buying this... 😶

image.jpeg

Edited by Zadren
Typo

9 minutes ago, Zadren said:

I jumped on the store to buy it just now, andnull I apparently I already have a serial number for it, and am getting a flashing red message to the same effect at checkout.

I don't remember buying this... 😶

image.jpeg

Same here.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.