Normandy 2.0 upgrade price: Did ED just Re-Neg on the owners of both maps?

Major_Mayhem

I did...heard that was the licensing problem earlier and that they are fixing it at the moment. Guess Ill find out later if it works, but as of now it says Normandy 2.0 is still for sale, yet Normandy 1944 was updated with a 40gb update...not sure what that means.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

2 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I did...heard that was the licensing problem earlier and that they are fixing it at the moment. Guess Ill find out later if it works, but as of now it says Normandy 2.0 is still for sale, yet Normandy 1944 was updated with a 40gb update...not sure what that means.

Normandy 1944 gets updated for free if you own it. The entire new map but low res textures for the new areas.

The Normandy 2.0 upgrade gives you the high res textures in the new areas.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Yeah I see it now...heres London Bridge. I never got that far into Normandy, but pretty sure this is part of the new map.

Screen_230421_125808.jpg

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

The weird thing is that it doesnt state its Normandy 2.0...that would be a nice distinction.

My wallpaper and skins

I paid $20Cdn. for the upgrade and I own all the maps. I think I should have paid about $14Cdn. I'm not going to cry about a few dollars, but clarity in purchases is always appreciated.

Nice map though. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Same for me, its all screwed up, I have the serial but I cannot find a way to download the 2.0 map

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

33 minutes ago, tusler said:

Same for me, its all screwed up, I have the serial but I cannot find a way to download the 2.0 map

Is your Open Beta a standalone or Steam version?

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

My understanding is if you have the Normandy 1944 map it gets upgraded to Normandy 2 High Detail FOR ONLY THE 1944 AREA. But the full Normandy 2 map is larger and has more detailed areas. You still have to purchase the Normandy 2 map to get the full area in high detail. No changes are made to the Channel Map therefore it does not get upgraded as this time.

In otherwords all owners of Normandy:1944 are getting a free upgrade to Normandy 2.0 Light which gives you a key to Normandy 2 for the unlock and does not actually give you the full 2.0 map and detailed areas, only some of it is for the 1944. This is also what allows 1944 owners to play on 2.0 servers without paying for an upgrade they just won't see some of the pretty pretty stuff.
As per the Faq ....

" I already own DCS: Normandy 1944. What happens?
Excellent! Your existing DCS: Normandy 1944 map will be updated for free so that the whole area of the original map is in the same high-detail as in the DCS: Normandy 2.0, and you will benefit from updated airfields and a significantly increased total map area but at a lower level of detail.

You will still be able to play on your favourite servers or with friends even if they upgrade to DCS: Normandy 2.0 and you don’t, but your areas of high-detail are significantly smaller and may be missing world objects.

If you wish to, you may pay $14.99 USD to upgrade to DCS: Normandy 2.0 for all the benefits described above."

I think the new Lagacy Keys for 2.0 are setting off the "You already have a key for this product" warning.

Edited by Major_Mayhem
  • Like 1

Just bought Normandy 2 for $3.45!!!!

New to DCS, 4weeks in,  bought some props, Channel map and asset pack too. Turns out I amassed some miles and could use those to fund this. Bit of a result and for a change in my favour.
Now off to DL and see what's it all about!
Why would you mix miles and cash? Then you lose the miles on your purchase!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Why would you mix miles and cash? Then you lose the miles on your purchase! emoji6.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I think it said miles wouldn't be accrued for this transaction as already discounted, plus I didn't know about miles anyway and paying £3 for a decent map got me all hot and sweaty.

But what a glorious map!

Spoiler

• Like 1