Currently, MT DCS is unusable for me.

Go to solution Solved by RackMonkey,

Every time I login  I am upside down and 180 degrees out, facing the hanger doors under the headset. The mirror on the monitor is right side up but still 180 degrees out.
Guess I'll wait for the first update.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

2 hours ago, RackMonkey said:

Every time I login  I am upside down and 180 degrees out, facing the hanger doors under the headset. The mirror on the monitor is right side up but still 180 degrees out.

hello. can you add anything? like a screen shot of the issue? sounds like your views are messed up.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Well, I updated tools this morning to 1.3.0. Before that I would occasionally get the correct view, but after updating, not a single load into DCS-MT was correct. Every time I got to the hanger it as backwards and upside down.
Flying in the non-MT DCS version all the views are correct even if the display still sucks in VR. I've tried disabling the tools but that didnt have any effect on the MT views even though it seems like updating it totally screwed it up.   

Edited by RackMonkey

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

• ED Team
15 hours ago, RackMonkey said:

please remove all unofficial edit or tools. 

if you still see issue attach your dcs log and dxdiag we will take a closer look. 

if you are using vr check any tools you might be using, necksafer / open composite for example

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Done this morning, 4/23.

All mods were removed. XRNS was not started. OpenComposite was uninstalled. I am assuming that DCS is now running on it's own native OpenXR software. 

Repair was run.

Update was run and todays update installed.

No setting in DCS were changed.

All other software was checked for updates and installed if there was one.

dcs.zip

• ED Team
2 hours ago, RackMonkey said:

Done this morning, 4/23.

All mods were removed. XRNS was not started. OpenComposite was uninstalled. I am assuming that DCS is now running on it's own native OpenXR software. 

Repair was run.

Update was run and todays update installed.

No setting in DCS were changed.

All other software was checked for updates and installed if there was one.

dcs.zip 23.22 kB · 0 downloads

Hi 

the log still shows some mods in 

C:\Users\Jon\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods

I would remove them and run another slow repair just in case 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I did as you suggested, I just got rid of anything in the mod folder. Ran the slow repair.

Three tries and was still looking at the doors instead of the menu.

I've attached the newest log file. Check it and didnt see anything referencing the saved games folder.

dcs.log

5 minutes ago, RackMonkey said:

I did as you suggested, I just got rid of anything in the mod folder. Ran the slow repair.

I've attached the newest log file. Check it and didnt see anything referencing the saved games folder.

dcs.log 22.29 kB · 0 downloads

You still have Simple Radio Standalone in Saved Games.  Try renaming your Saved Games folder.

I removed the "Saved Games" folder to my desktop, ran a repair, and started DCS. I was still looking at the hanger doors. The repair replaced the folder "DCS Updater utility" but nothing else. Starting DCS and flying around did not cause any of the saved game folder to be regenerated.
I don't think anything in the saved games folder is causing the problem and I don't understand why none of the folders were not regenerated.

8 minutes ago, RackMonkey said:

I removed the "Saved Games" folder to my desktop, ran a repair, and started DCS. I was still looking at the hanger doors. The repair replaced the folder "DCS Updater utility" but nothing else. Starting DCS and flying around did not cause any of the saved game folder to be regenerated.
I don't think anything in the saved games folder is causing the problem and I don't understand why none of the folders were not regenerated.

Instead of "removing" your saved games folder, you'd better rename DCS.openbeta temporary. Then launch your DCS and the game should build a brand-new DCS.openbeta in your saved games folder for you.

I essentially did that when I recreated the "Saved Games" folder, just an empty one. DCS repair created the "DCS Updater Utility" folder and populated it, that confirms that DCS was able to write to the "Saved Games" folder but it didn't recreate the DCS.openbeta folder and populate it.
Even without it though, DCS-MT started and open to the hanger screen and I was still looking at the doors instead of the menu. 

14 minutes ago, RackMonkey said:

I essentially did that when I recreated the "Saved Games" folder, just an empty one. DCS repair created the "DCS Updater Utility" folder and populated it, that confirms that DCS was able to write to the "Saved Games" folder but it didn't recreate the DCS.openbeta folder and populate it.
Even without it though, DCS-MT started and open to the hanger screen and I was still looking at the doors instead of the menu. 

What's DCS Updater Utility?

Some guys in the other thread in this section of the forum found that uninstalling the neck saver completely (not just disabling it) solved the upside-down issue for them. Worth trying maybe?

See here:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/320963-upside-down/?do=getNewComment

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
11 hours ago, RackMonkey said:

dcs.log 22.29 kB · 2 downloads

please rename the dcs folder in saved games 

C:\Users\Jon\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

to 

C:\Users\Jon\Saved Games\DCS.openbetabackup 

then restart DCS login and redo settings if you load in. 

let me know if it helps

• Solution

I think I have other problems because DCS did not rebuild the saved games even after I mapped some HOTAS commands. 

I think the best thing I can do right now is to rebuild this computer and if DCS-MT is still giving me problem...repost.