F-4E Phantom Development Report - DCS Newsletter 31/03/2023

IronMike

Well we wont know until it is actually released or they actually give a "REAL" update on where it stands.....They are either going to release it in a short order way once they finally do a massive update or they are really so far behind on it that it is still more than a year out for a release and they figure its best to just not say anything  to keep the anger that would for sure be sent their way if they came out and said it was no where near a state to really be released any time soon. Personally I think they have done a very poor job managing the release . But once they do release it everyone including me will forget all this .

Edited by Manhorne
  • Like 3

Even if they did a bad job of setting the release date, I really can't imagine that they would misestimate by 1+ year(s). Unless they release the module in a much more advanced state than originally planned. But of course we will have to wait and I am looking forward to the F-4 either way. 😄

• Like 3

Why are you all so upset? We’re getting even more time to study our manuals and memorize our procedures. I’ll be ready to pass my checkride on the first day. The rest of you miserable moping merminoids will be re-taking written tests and rescheduling after flunking your orals while I’m zooming around over your heads, spewing thick, rich black exhaust all over your vehicles. 😎

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hayrake YE-ZB said:

Why are you all so upset? We’re getting even more time to study our manuals and memorize our procedures. I’ll be ready to pass my checkride on the first day. The rest of you miserable moping merminoids will be re-taking written tests and rescheduling after flunking your orals while I’m zooming around over your heads, spewing thick, rich black exhaust all over your vehicles. 😎

Ha!  I've still got to get an Apache off the ground without lopping off half the rotor disk, my carrier landings are far from consistent, my first attempt to put the F-15E on a carrier resulted in a broken nose gear, there are about fifteen or twenty modules I've never flown, and I have a 38" monitor arriving tomorrow (it's curved, so I can claim "3D" as long as nobody asks too many questions).  I've got so much to do in DCS if they waited until after I die of old age to release another mod I'll stay busy and still won't get caught up!

• Like 5

Wellm, in my case I am upset because the last Treat for me was the F-14 tomcat and I am still awaiting the early one. Then they told me about an A6, then they brough forward the EF 2000 witch I do not plan to buy nor fly at all, then the Phantom stepped in, in front of my Intruder but they said, hey don´t despair we´ll get the Phatom out on 2022 and we will continue with the Intruder... and then they said the Phantom would NOT be a naval one! imagen my outrage!!!! And when I am finally coming to terms with flying a land locked Phantom II its again delayed along with the Intruder and the early Cat... 

You see I am a 70´s Guy. I like my analog birds, and so far the only one that has given me a treat is Aerges and its beautiful Mirgae F1. Heatblur on the other hand still stands on promises... 😉 

Edited by Baco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2023 at 3:37 PM, Baco said:

Wellm, in my case I am upset because the last Treat for me was the F-14 tomcat and I am still awaiting the early one. Then they told me about an A6, then they brough forward the EF 2000 witch I do not plan to buy nor fly at all, then the Phantom stepped in, in front of my Intruder but they said, hey don´t despair we´ll get the Phatom out on 2022 and we will continue with the Intruder... and then they said the Phantom would NOT be a naval one! imagen my outrage!!!! And when I am finally coming to terms with flying a land locked Phantom II its again delayed along with the Intruder and the early Cat... 

You see I am a 70´s Guy. I like my analog birds, and so far the only one that has given me a treat is Aerges and its beautiful Mirgae F1. Heatblur on the other hand still stands on promises... 😉 

In other words, all or your “problems” in life are minuscule. Better study up, there won’t be any slack on your tests! 🙂

Edited by Hayrake YE-ZB

4 minutes ago, Hayrake YE-ZB said:

In other words, all or your “problems” in life are minuscule. Better study up, there won’t be any slack at all on your tests, orals and checkrides. You’ve had plenty of time to study! 🙂

Oh most definitely my problems! LOL!!! yeah It is what it its and no matter how much I wish a module released it wont happen till it happens 😉

• Like 1

Then again i have been posted to Damascus Sirya, and i must be there Agust 1st. I dont know what kind of internet connection i will have there and or what kind of gaming rig I can bring with me, So I really wish I have had the chance to ftake teh Phantom II with me instead of it being released when i cant get it at all 😉

1 hour ago, Baco said:

Then again i have been posted to Damascus Sirya, and i must be there Agust 1st.

Stay safe out there. 🫡

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
vor 5 Stunden schrieb AzraelKurita:

I hope there will be at least a Lifesign soon. The Last Post of HB regarding the Phantom has been almost a Month in the Past.

Why do you need a lifesign after a month? Not like anything happened.

Also devs are reguarly on Discord, they just say theyre working on it. No big showstopper or anything, just more work. From yesterday:

image.png

edit: Posting of screenshots like that from HB discord is allowed I hope? 

Edited by Temetre
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Temetre:

Why do you need a lifesign after a month? Not like anything happened.

Also devs are reguarly on Discord, they just say theyre working on it. No big showstopper or anything, just more work. From yesterday:

image.png

edit: Posting of screenshots like that from HB discord is allowed I hope? 

Maybe youre right and I´m just a bit frustrated. Yeah....I want to get best possible Quality when the Phantom gonna be released.....but it´s so hard to wait 😉

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AzraelKurita said:

Maybe youre right and I´m just a bit frustrated. Yeah....I want to get best possible Quality when the Phantom gonna be released.....but it´s so hard to wait 😉

I can wait all year; plenty to keep me busy that long.  I just hope they either don't do to the F-4 cockpit what they did to the F-14 cockpit or they give us a choice in the matter.

Now that I consider it, we do have a choice in the matter. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised that Cobra confirmed what pretty much everyone already "knows" but no one wanted to state in any official capacity. The F4 is late, because the F15E had to come out first. 🙂

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 6

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Well there ain´t any other module on the immediate horizon so its surely next in line.

If its not out before 2024 then there is no new module till next year. The F4U corsair looks like is still far. Maybe the Kiowa, but  it looks like its only maps for the rest of 2023.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:53 AM, felixx75 said:

Even if they did a bad job of setting the release date, I really can't imagine that they would misestimate by 1+ year(s). 

While I actually feel like the F-4 is close to release based on what they've shared - you should know that there is a solid and reliable track record of developers missing release dates by not just 1 year, but several years.  In many games across all genres.  

So a single year delay is actually well within reason and expectation of any community, and unless they tell you it is delayed indefinitely, a delay of a year should not cause concern nor be a shock to anyone who's been paying attention to any game development in the last 10 years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bosun said:

While I actually feel like the F-4 is close to release based on what they've shared - you should know that there is a solid and reliable track record of developers missing release dates by not just 1 year, but several years.  In many games across all genres.  

So a single year delay is actually well within reason and expectation of any community, and unless they tell you it is delayed indefinitely, a delay of a year should not cause concern nor be a shock to anyone who's been paying attention to any game development in the last 10 years.

It's not their 1st module, so I'm sure, they won't miss it by 1+ year(s). But it seems, that they added more features for Initial release, so it could happen that the module is delayed by 1 year or longer.

image-1.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Baco said:

Well there ain´t any other module on the immediate horizon so its surely next in line.

If its not out before 2024 then there is no new module till next year. The F4U corsair looks like is still far. Maybe the Kiowa, but  it looks like its only maps for the rest of 2023.

The problem with the F4E is it's so fast you don't know it's here until it's already gone.

• Like 1

You have to think of time in geological terms with this thing...They keep saying "Soon" and that means its still 2 to 3 years away from release at least...I wager by the time it is actually ready to be released there is going to be a world wide economic collapse and it wont matter...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manhorne said:

You have to think of time in geological terms with this thing...They keep saying "Soon" and that means its still 2 to 3 years away from release at least...I wager by the time it is actually ready to be released there is going to be a world wide economic collapse and it wont matter...

If there is a wold wide economic collapse we can only hope ED extends the float time on the license by a few millennia and we can while away the dark years before the next renaissance improving our skills in all the hangar queens in between using solar cells to recharge the UPSs powering our computers.

I just wish I could be there when the archeologists unearth a tomb with someone's mummy hunched over a desk, ready to play DCS in the afterlife...

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

If there is a wold wide economic collapse we can only hope ED extends the float time on the license by a few millennia and we can while away the dark years before the next renaissance improving our skills in all the hangar queens in between using solar cells to recharge the UPSs powering our computers.

I just wish I could be there when the archeologists unearth a tomb with someone's mummy hunched over a desk, ready to play DCS in the afterlife...

LOL!!!!!!!

• Like 1