DCS tested with the Pimax Crystal

winghunter

vor 3 Minuten schrieb _schepper_:

Oke, going to try to rewrite the setting file later this evening.
Where can i found that setting fille?
Thanks in advanced, i think this is gonna ben the probleem because i changed my language for Viacom 🙂

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2399 met Tapatalk

C:\Users\<YOUR PROFILE>\AppData\Local\Quad-Views-Foveated

1 hour ago, matze140 said:

The problem is in fact the TallyMouse tool. It makes „,“ instead of „.“! Only Dots work. I got this Problem a few hours ago and solved it by rewrite the Settings file which is created by the Tool!

Can someone report the issue to TallyMouse please? It's a very common bug with many C#/.NET!

Thanks.

It looks like TallyMouse would be @GayCavalier on this forum(?)

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

On 9/11/2023 at 12:37 PM, mbucchia said:

Can someone report the issue to TallyMouse please? It's a very common bug with many C#/.NET!

Thanks.

It looks like TallyMouse would be @GayCavalier on this forum(?)

comma decimal issue resolved with v1.0.5 released this morning.    (Thanks for finding the bug)

System specs:
i9-11900KF OC to 5500Mhz with water block- MSI RTX4090 OC - ASUS ROG HERO VIII - 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz- 1TB SSD OS - 2TB SSD GAME- 1000W PSU
Pimax 8kx - TM Pendular Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - TM Waterhog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - WinWing Pheonix MIP/UPC - Homemade Landing Gear control.  Andre's SimShaker driving two subwoofers and seat kickers for seat and control column vibration - sketchpad linked to OpenKneeboard - VoiceAttack with VIACOM Pro

I have an issue with my Pimax in DCS and wonder if anybody else is experiencing the same or has a solution for it:

While my framerate in DCS VR is really good (70-90fps), I do have the issue that if I look fast to the left or right, I always see black in the corner of the headset instead of the picture for a fraction of a second. It seems like the Crystal takes too long to render the picture when I move my head. I haven't had this issue in the G2.

Is there a way to increase the area that the headset renders so that the picture is already rendered when I look to the right or left?

Edited by lax22

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

While my framerate in DCS VR is really good (70-90fps), I do have the issue that if I look fast to the left or right, I always see black in the corner of the headset instead of the picture for a fraction of a second. It seems like the Crystal takes too long to render the picture when I move my head. I haven't had this issue in the G2

I had this exact problem also. The weird thing is, I never did find a way of fixing it, and anyway, I shelved my Crystal for a few weeks until they released the eye-tracking update the other day. Having installed the software stack for that (thanks @mbucchia ! ) not only did I get a big framerate hike from 35 - 40fps to 60-80fps, but the effect of the black edges has now disappeared. Not sure if anything else fixed it, as I also updated nvidia drivers, PimaxXR and of course the quad-views-foveated addon...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

On 9/12/2023 at 4:51 PM, Talisman_VR said:

Can you wear independent ear phones with the Pimax Crystal?  

I would like to keep using my own haptic feedback earphones with great sound, so would not be interested in purchasing the Crystal if I can't use my own headphones with it.

Thanks in advance.

Talisman

Depends:

The Crystal is fairly wide, 20cm on the inside / 22cm on the outside. 

With my average sized head (57cm / M), I can wear a pair of Corsair's Virtuoso XT headphones beneath the Crystal's head-mount. 

hth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I used the quad view companion. Set it to "give me fps"

I still get down to low 40s down low over cities. I have only tested free flights F18 on all the maps(that have f18 free flights) I get 60fps on the ramp of a super carrier.

But it appears that obs can't capture the foveated window. So my recordings all look insanely pixilated. Any solution to this?

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

5 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

But it appears that obs can't capture the foveated window. So my recordings all look insanely pixilated. Any solution to this?

Use https://github.com/Jabbah/OpenXR-Layer-OBSMirror which will capture the output of Quad-Views-Foveated and therefore the same exact image you see in the headset.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Use https://github.com/Jabbah/OpenXR-Layer-OBSMirror which will capture the output of Quad-Views-Foveated and therefore the same exact image you see in the headset.

It appears it was the one I have tried yesterday and does not see anything, the open xr obs window is just  black.

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

It appears it was the one I have tried yesterday and does not see anything, the open xr obs window is just  black.

This happens if you don't properly set it up via PowerShell (depends on Windows settings).

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Ok, got it to "work" but the video is a slide show, it literally is just like 5 pictures from 1 minute of footage. 

Definitely a problem on your end. It's been working fine for many users, including with Quad Views.

9 minutes ago, mbucchia said:

This happens if you don't properly set it up via PowerShell (depends on Windows settings).

Definitely a problem on your end. It's been working fine for many users, including with Quad Views.

It only happens with foveated rendering. if I fly without it works fine, if I fly IL2 it works fine. It only happens with foveated rendering on.

2 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

It only happens with foveated rendering. if I fly without it works fine, if I fly IL2 it works fine. It only happens with foveated rendering on.

That doesn't change my statement. Make sure you are using the latest version of everything, the initial version of Quad-Views-Foveated (months ago) had lower performance with OBSMirror (but even then it wasn't anywhere near what you described). I've had at least 5 reports of Quad-Views-Foveated + OpenXR-OBSMirror working impeccably with DCS since.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 2:58 AM, Willie Nelson said:

@MichaelJWP15 and @Gunfreak can I ask what GPU you’re both using and what have you stuck with default resolution with QVFR? I’m trying to gauge the prospective performance of a 3080ti. 

I'm using an i7 13700K with an Asus RTX 4070. I consider this system midrange compared to a lot of the rigs on this forum 🙂

Using 0.75 Render Quality in Pimax client software, 90Hz, resolution reported in PimaxXR Control Center is 3234 x 3826, but I still find the whole pipeline confusing.

I generally seem to end up with an in-game framerate of 50 - 90 depending on graphical and simulation load.

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

43 minutes ago, MichaelJWP15 said:

I'm using an i7 13700K with an Asus RTX 4070. I consider this system midrange compared to a lot of the rigs on this forum 🙂

Using 0.75 Render Quality in Pimax client software, 90Hz, resolution reported in PimaxXR Control Center is 3234 x 3826, but I still find the whole pipeline confusing.

I generally seem to end up with an in-game framerate of 50 - 90 depending on graphical and simulation load.

Thanks for that. 

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

56 minutes ago, winghunter said:

Pretty scathing review. Unfortunately that seems to be the way it is with Pimax still. Been that way for a long time. They do make some good headsets I think however not consistently for whatever reason. Too many defective ones get out in the field.

If something were to happen to my Aero and I no longer had it or could use it, I would buy another Aero at the new 1k price tag - in a heartbeat. IMHO still today the best VR headset on the market.  It is kind of nice being able to say that still about a VR Headset I purchased in Jan 2022. 

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Pretty scathing review. Unfortunately that seems to be the way it is with Pimax still. Been that way for a long time. They do make some good headsets I think however not consistently for whatever reason. Too many defective ones get out in the field.
If something were to happen to my Aero and I no longer had it or could use it, I would buy another Aero at the new 1k price tag - in a heartbeat. IMHO still today the best VR headset on the market.  It is kind of nice being able to say that still about a VR Headset I purchased in Jan 2022. 
I am considering upgrading from my G2 to the crystal because I don't have the required room setup for base stations.

I've watched so many reviews including the one linked. Seems like some had good experiences whereas a few others always ran into issues or had to resort to workarounds like replacing the USB hub which isn't a big deal but on a headset that price that requires the hub for PCVR, it should have a decent one included.

I've been spending time in the pimax discord and there's lots of QA and customer support complaints. Mainly because how long it takes to get support and the language issues. They ask for through the lense video to troubleshoot any problems you may have with the headset and a lot of other troubleshooting steps which is perfectly fine as long as they are replied to in a day or 2 but the thing is they are not..takes much longer.

For this reason I'm hesitant to even get one. Sure Amazon is selling it for $300 more and I could return it but it's still scary to have to be in that support/rma hell situation.

At this point I'm waiting to see some quest 3 reviews just because I'm curious.

I'm leaning more towards a quest pro to replace my G2.
  • Like 1

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz