Gamma dark then turns bright after 30 seconds

Anyone else having this issue?   On the MT version using openXR when I start a quick mission the screen is very dark like the gamma is set to .05 then after about 30 seconds it reset and the screen gets very bright or rather goes to what the gamma is set as such as 1.2

rtx 3080, G2 Reverb, i5-10600K

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 11:08 AM, Shimvolski said:

This happens to me as well on mt version on flat screen.  If I go to f2 view and zoom out it corrects faster, or at least it seems that way.

Thanks I will try this when I go back to the MT version.   Have been flying on the non-mt version simply due to the lake of reshade.   

i've had this happen occasionally at mission start before MT was even launched. sometimes remaining stuck in dark, restarting mission resolved it.
flat screen, rtx2080ti, i5-4790k

Edited by HILOK
added "at mission start"
  • Like 1

It happens not only for F-10/back, but sometimes also when the mission starts, right after hopping into the aircraft. I can confirm the 30 second delay until it becomes fine.

Edited by TOViper
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with what I can only describe as over-exposure in the Ka50 after viewing the F10 map.  Everything goes very bright as if the gamma has been turned up several notches.  This video shows it:

https://clipchamp.com/watch/exOG5u2e3hp

Seems to last anywhere from a few seconds to a minute before going back to normal.  F10 will cause it to happen again.

It seems to only be with VR, and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this?

For info I'm using a HP Reverb G2v2.
No reprojection, lens effects, Bloom, cockpit illumination or any of those type things are switched on.

Edited by LittleNose
added link

On 6/2/2023 at 3:28 PM, LittleNose said:

I'm having an issue with what I can only describe as over-exposure in the Ka50 after viewing the F10 map.  Everything goes very bright as if the gamma has been turned up several notches.  This video shows it:

https://clipchamp.com/watch/exOG5u2e3hp

Seems to last anywhere from a few seconds to a minute before going back to normal.  F10 will cause it to happen again.

It seems to only be with VR, and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this?

For info I'm using a HP Reverb G2v2.
No reprojection, lens effects, Bloom, cockpit illumination or any of those type things are switched on.

Yeah it happens in all modules in VR afaik. Just much more noticeable in helos, as the overexposure dissappears when you physically move the aircraft a bit.

I do notice some other lighting oddities in the current build. Sometimes it goes from relatively shaded to suddenly a bit brighter or vice versa, as if the cloud cover isn't being calculcated correctly in certain spots. Sometimes it feels like there is far too much shade being projected onto certain areas of the map. And sometimes generally the contrast between shade/sunlight feels a bit overdone.

Zooming the view in can also significantly alter the lighting in VR as well while zoomed.

Edited by MoleUK
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Its present still after the last patch (363). Noticed as well yesterday again.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Same here, OpenXR with MT switching from F10 to F1 and the brightness is very high.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI X570 Tomahawk, 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C15D @ 3866C14, ASRock Taichi 7900XTX, HP Reverb G2, VPC WarBRD-D & Thrustmaster F16 Viper & F18 Super Hornet, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle.