Roadmap (11-05-23)

Vibora

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Please, no.... Let's not make a botch of epic proportions like WT/WW... ED needs realism, not poorly placed plasters

I'm not disagreeing with you. But I'm saying ED won't make a realistic naval sim because its too much work. I mean take a look at all the half done stuff that they have introduced and has fallen by the wayside. WW2 damage models, how many planes actually got one? Realistic bomb fusing? Again what % of even the WW2 stuff has this working? And my favorite, clouds and weather. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

WW2 damage models, how many planes actually got one? Realistic bomb fusing? Again what % of even the WW2 stuff has this working?

All the ED WWII models including AI have the new DM.

As well all the WWII stuff has the new fusing with some tuning here and there as well as some new fuses being done for the core of DCS like anti-disturbance and such. 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

1 minute ago, NineLine said:

All the ED WWII models including AI have the new DM.

As well all the WWII stuff has the new fusing with some tuning here and there as well as some new fuses being done for the core of DCS like anti-disturbance and such. 

Well thats good news. 

Clouds blocking IR and weather next I hope. 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

And my favorite, clouds and weather.

I would think if you looked at where development turned after the intro of new clouds why and what the reasons for more weather improvements stalling was. A hint... the core needed to be, and is continuing to be improved for better performance and more room to grow. 

• Like 7

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Just now, NineLine said:

I would think if you looked at where development turned after the intro of new clouds why and what the reasons for more weather improvements stalling was. A hint... the core needed to be, and is continuing to be improved for better performance and more overhead. 

Yeah I get that you guys needed MT to do better cloud modeling or to have them exist in the game beyond just being a graphical shader layer. And that latest radar thing sort of hints that radar may be effected by weather so I'm hoping for progress. 

• ED Team
Just now, Harlikwin said:

Yeah I get that you guys needed MT to do better cloud modeling or to have them exist in the game beyond just being a graphical shader layer. And that latest radar thing sort of hints that radar may be effected by weather so I'm hoping for progress. 

We all are, I am no fan of getting scared half to death when a 109 jumps me out of the clouds because he doesn't see them. Its a must to get it dealt with, but if we were to do it at a time the core couldn't handle it then it wouldn't really be all that fun to have. 

• Like 4

64Sig.png

1 minute ago, NineLine said:

We all are, I am no fan of getting scared half to death when a 109 jumps me out of the clouds because he doesn't see them. Its a must to get it dealt with, but if we were to do it at a time the core couldn't handle it then it wouldn't really be all that fun to have. 

I hear ya. Also glad the radars on the modern jets are getting reworked to be more in line with the F15E radar model. 

hace 17 horas, Loukuins dijo:

There is people (including myself) asking Aerges to bring it to the F1M since it got the wires and the radar version who can handle it, but it was never used sadly.

its not just a matter of it not being bought or used, there were no modifications made to the F1M with the exocet in mind and its not really any more capable of using it than the F1CE or EE, i'd much rather aerges release an EQ-5 or 6 with real exocet capability along with all it's differences from the spanish variants and all the other extra weapons as an add-on or as part of a different F1 pack later on

Edited by snocc_
  • Like 6

el articulo 140 de la constitucion

4 hours ago, snocc_ said:

its not just a matter of it not being bought or used, there were no modifications made to the F1M with the exocet in mind and its not really any more capable of using it than the F1CE or EE, i'd much rather aerges release an EQ-5 or 6 with real exocet capability along with all it's differences from the spanish variants and all the other extra weapons as an add-on or as part of a different F1 pack later on

Exactly, Aerges will simulate only what the spanish F1 versions had to offer and this was very clearly communicated from the very beginning. By the way, ED´s F-16C follows a very similar logic...no fancy Harpoons, Penguins or Sparrows.

And just as a friendly reminder because it quickly gets annoying to have to scroll over all the F1 unrelated stuff posted above. This is the "F1 Roadmap" section and no chit chat or wishlist area so can we please stay on topic and talk about upcoming systems which we can actually find on the to do list? Thank you.

• Like 13

• 3 months later...

I m preety sure Armat missiles would be great addition, currently redfor lacks SEAD capability, Mirage would be much more flexible with them, and fast antiradiation platforms for late cold war-90's scenariso are rather limited currently

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 11:24 PM, Ramius007 said:

I m preety sure Armat missiles would be great addition, currently redfor lacks SEAD capability, Mirage would be much more flexible with them, and fast antiradiation platforms for late cold war-90's scenariso are rather limited currently

Long and short of it, none of the *flyable* Mirage F1s included in the module Aerges' is developing ever carried ARMAT.

Things is, the ARMAT isn't in DCS either. And there's very little info on the ARMAT - I doubt there's enough there to satisfy EDs documentary requirements for development.

That and the Mirage F1CE, BE, EE and M never carried ARMAT - the Iraqi EQs did and they ended up being way different to the Spanish aircraft in terms of avionics and capabilities - particularly the more advanced "blocks" like the EQ-4 and up.

I agree that 'REDFOR' period/alliance-accurate SEAD platforms are really limited to the FC3-fidelity Su-25T, at least in terms of non-AI controlled aircraft. The only other jet viewed as a 'REDFOR' aircraft with SEAD capabilities is the much more modern JF-17 which, while it's not exactly a BLUFOR, is not exactly a REDFOR either. As much as I might wish it, we're not getting an official Su-30 module any time soon. There are rumours of a Su-17/22 in development - though nothing officially announced.

While I am unable to find reliable data that says so specifically, I believe it could have been the Mirage F1EQ-5 variants that were capable of firing the ARMAT - as they were also capable of using the Exocet missile (though this was also due to the addition of the Cyrano IVM radar more so than an avionics/weapons suite/hardware upgrade). That, or the EQ-4 as it was the first variant intended for ground attack duties in Iraqi service.

French Air Force Mirage F1s never carried ARMAT, as far as I'm aware - the Jaguar was the AdA's ARMAT carrier. Though if a version of the Mirage F1 in French service did, it would likely have been the Mirage F1CT.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Given how terribly implemented anti radiation weapons are, it's ridicolous to hear about those strict requirements, we can literally take missiles from alien space ship and they will perform more to RL than Harms and Chinese/Russian Eqiuvalents, based on data from various books and pilots interview on topic, it's safe to say they overperform by hundreads of %, if 3rd party dev have a chance to bring some order to this chaos, and give a lot of selling points to module as a bonus, it's an offer hard to reject. Hopefully members of this forum have some documentation that could help with this. Adding Armats to one of F1 version would still be less of a stretch than Sea Eagles on C-101

Edited by Ramius007
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 2:00 PM, Vibora said:

Here you have our current roadmap.

Work left to do in the F1 CE and F1 EE (some of it will affect BE and M):

•  
  • RWR sounds.
  • Radar overhaul:
    • BZ mode.
    • Dynamic noise model (including gain adjustment).
    • IR missile radar slaving.
    • Elevation control in V1 mode for 7 and 15 nm ranges.

Hello, may i ask how it looks like with radar rework, its quite a time after EA release and radar is still in quite poor state. 
Its still visual filter only instead of clutter, its low altitude performance is still quite absurd. Everywhere i look, its being said its low alt performance was terrible and sidelobes would clutter the scope and overpower targets returns. I cant really say about high alt but at high alt, it should be a lot about gain.
Do you have any ETA for changes? Because its what now, 2years of not so great stand in which essentially works as full pulse doppler radar capable of tracking helicopters barely moving. 
No blind speeds typical for MTIs, no increased clutter from side lobes at low altitudes and so on.

Its pretty much killing module for cold war scenarios as its radar extremely overperforms to real life claims so in return, you cant use fox1 missiles in case you want proper cold war jets in mix. 
Not to mention all i could find about R/S530F was lookup - coalt, no lookdown capabilities and in some literature even minimal altitude usage due to ground clutter. They are just pulse missiles. 
These things should be main focus now as radar is probably one of the major if not the most major part of fighter jet of this era. 

Edited by MysteriousHonza
  • Like 7

Same, the radar is the most lacking feature of the module still, and it's particularly problematic for an aircraft that carries decent Fox 1s as opposed to e.g. a Fishbed or Tiger.

• Like 4

For anyone asking same question as i do. They do work on it, no ETA (thanks god, we have enough ETAs that repeat multiple times). 
They are working on full simulation, aiming for same standard as rest of module is held on to. We just have to wait. This type of radar will be first of the kind in DCS so better to wait instead of ending up with some joke. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

First I´d like to thank you devs for your time and dedication to this amazing module that the MF1 is. I´d just like to ask if its possible to get a small roadmap update? Since some items like BE Variant and Cannon pod already released, and topics on the Original Post are almost a year old. We can see from the latests patches that a lot of work is being put into it, It would be amazing to know what is on the Dev team priority list and upcoming work.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Coragem said:

First I´d like to thank you devs for your time and dedication to this amazing module that the MF1 is. I´d just like to ask if its possible to get a small roadmap update? Since some items like BE Variant and Cannon pod already released, and topics on the Original Post are almost a year old. We can see from the latests patches that a lot of work is being put into it, It would be amazing to know what is on the Dev team priority list and upcoming work.

Right now they are fixing and improving everything before releasing the Mirage F1M, and as of now they are focused on the Radar AFAIK

• Like 3

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

13 hours ago, Loukuins said:

Right now they are fixing and improving everything before releasing the Mirage F1M, and as of now they are focused on the Radar AFAIK

Lets hope the Radar ends up being a real simulation like what Razbam and HB have done, and not some cheezy FC3++ ED model.

• Like 4