Fuel consumption

Ducku

I just did some fuel consumption tests over 20nm at about 100kn, results are as follows:

At max throttle it consumed a bit under 300 pounds.
At idle throttle it consumed a little over 200 pounds.

Worth noting is that I did not refuel in between tests but I doubt it would lead to a considerable difference.

Would love to know how this holds up to real world data.

Edited by Ducku
  • Like 2

I have Run 3 tests, one at 50PSI, one at 40PSI, one at 30PSI, each with 1000lbs of fuel

the results of those tests have been overlaid onto the fuel consumption chart for our exact model of huey, retrofits and all.

image.png

Here are the tracks

30PSI 1000lbs fuel 50 minutes.trk

40PSI 1000lbs fuel 41 minutes 50 seconds.trk

50PSI 1000lbs fuel 36 minutes.trk

This information has been compiled in the main performance charting thread as well.

Edited by Tim_Fragmagnet
  • Like 8

19 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

please include a track replay from your test 

thank you

Ran a quick track for you. Loaded up with 50% fuel so 700 pounds-ish, kept the flight relatively steady, no harsh maneuvers or takeoffs and landings etc. Lasted almost bang on 27 mins, so 54 mins if it were 100% to get through 1400 pounds.

Napkin math would put that at 1550 pounds of fuel consumed per hour. In my experience though, with a more realistic flight in a MP environment you're much closer to 40 mins than 54. In that case fuel burn would (very roughly) be around the 1700lb's per hour mark, which lines up with tims chart.

huey consumption4.trk

Edited by MoleUK
  • Like 1

This is un-freakin-believable.

• Like 2

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

Can't finish Mission 4 in the Huey UN Campaign now. Run out of fuel half way through. No way to refuel at the beginning with the hot start either. Haven't tried anything else yet.

• Like 1

i got feeling that New Huey Fuel consumption is higher than old one.

I fly old missions and fuel run-out much faster.

Anyone got same feeling?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

It feels like its using waaay more than it used to, which after reading the above linked discussion (thanks for posting) appears to be some kind of error or bug. I mean, with the price of av gas these days....come on man! 🫠

Edited by Gunnar81
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

It feels like its using waaay more than it used to, which after reading the above linked discussion (thanks for posting) appears to be some kind of error or bug. I mean, with the price of av gas these days....come on man! 🫠

Where can I pay for the gas consumed in DCS, please?

• Like 1

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5

ED knows about the fuel problem and will fix it along with some of the other new issues found. I am happy to see forward movement with the HUEY and do not want to go backwards to what it use to be. When they get it dialed in it will be better. I just jumped into my Prop planes to get my fun in a P-51 or P-47 or kill myself on the ground in a Spitfire or Mosquito for now on the new Normandy 2.0 map lol 

• ED Team

threads merged

A fix for the fuel consumption is currently in testing, hopefully ready for the next patch 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Can't finish Mission 4 in the Huey UN Campaign now. Run out of fuel half way through. No way to refuel at the beginning with the hot start either. Haven't tried anything else yet.
Don't have the thread on the top of my head, but there's a fix you can do to use the old engine model.
Maybe some others have the link?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

It's specifically mentioned in the patch notes. I managed to fly for quite a while the other day. Tim also updated the data in his thread and the fuel consumption seems much closer to the real world data. So it seems like it's fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2