DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

There are a lot of things that people want to see, and a lot of the same things that ED wants to do.

ED will do them on their own schedule as required; there are reasons for prioritizing one thing or the other. Don't forget that they have other customers as well who are driving a lot of what you'll be getting.

It isn't that they don't listen to the flight sim community ... it's just that the militaries draw up contracts with specific deliverables.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, for those of you who are wondering, there is a weapon that wasn't listed:

The BDU-56LGB will also be available.

And on some details concerning the military A-10C sim vs. DCS:

A-10C DTS used Lock On flight model, DCS A-10C will have very advanced one - more so than the Ka-50's even.

The DTS was just an avionics trainer to convert from the A to the C model, so engine, hydraulics, fuel, etc. simulations need to be done from scratch for DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'll refer you to the FAQ:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=718&scr=default&lang=en

:)

Are DCS A-10 and Black Shark going to intertwine. Meaning I can fly CAS in my A-10 while my wingie is flying a Turkish KA-50? Or is DCS A-10C a stand along product?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The ones that are listed are the ones modeled. Maybe more will be added later, but no promises.

I think some of the CBUs you listed aren't even in the A-10's arsenal ... ie. CBU-100 = Rockeye ... probably completely obsoleted/replaced by CBU-87 at this point. CBU-55 ... not sure there's really code to model its effects, and not sure the A-10C carries it either.

Edit: The A-10 carries the 87, 89 and 97. The last two cannot be properly modeled at this time, so they'll be absent, as well as the -104 and -105 WCMDs. In short right now the CBU payload will only include the CBU-87 and 103.

A final note: WCMD uses INS, not GPS.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how much of the A-10 thats used for the military desktop sim will be used for this dcs title?.

will it be translated to russian and then back again. Wouldnt it make sense to release a western based jet first in english and translation to russian and other variants afterwards?

ohh and when might we expect to see the first Glowing Amraam movie ft DCS A10 ????

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WOW!! The future looks bright and promising. GO Eagle Dynamics! I already have two copies of BS (Russian and English). And can't wait to by a CD version! Money is already allocated for A-10 module as well!

BTW

Flight model is going to be more advanced then Black Shark? Incredible! Can't wait to see (feel) that!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

how much of the A-10 thats used for the military desktop sim will be used for this dcs title?.

The vast majority of the content of the DTS can be directly transfered over to DCS.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes they're making a new FM, since there's no fixed-wing aircraft AFM in DCS at the moment. We can assume that it's based on existing (Ka-50) FM, and it's gonna be complex, but Yo-Yo wasn't talking about some superFM of new kind.

On the contrary: "We'll have finished FM in a moment, and then we'll write something" [i.e. make a new page on DCS website about A10C project].

"We'll have finished it in a moment" - it's not the way they do the new superincredible things :D

---

And... come on, it's a wixed-wing subsonic thing, if we compare it to a chopper - it just should not be harder to fly!

IMHO, the next important thing that should make it more real, is not FM. It's the complex model of air. Dynamic weather and air-surface effects.

"Ka-50 will seem to you a child play" - it's about overall complexity of the airframe, as Chizh notes.

"There's more work than we thought initially. The plane appeared to be not so simple, as it seemed".

Edited by Maximus_G

A-10C DTS used Lock On flight model, DCS A-10C will have very advanced one - more so than the Ka-50's even.

The DTS was just an avionics trainer to convert from the A to the C model, so engine, hydraulics, fuel, etc. simulations need to be done from scratch for DCS.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I'm hoping for F/A-18 sometime in the future. They do a great job with combatsims :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

Well Tickle me Pink for asking the obvious, but why no English write-up........:music_whistling:

It is The Hog after all - that said - the Pics look amazing :D

:pilotfly:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ta

At most times I find myself at odds with that particular Fish.......and seemingly today is no exeption!

Thanx again for the effort though :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Awesome, am reading the book Warthog right now and on the way into work was thinking about when the DCS A10 would be out.

In the meantime DCS Blackshark is more than enough to keep me going. DCS is proving to be an awesome programme and the software quality is pure gold. Best $49 I've spent in a long time and I'll be buying all the others.

If the flight model is detailed enough to have the aircrafts instability which am reading about show up as emergent bahavior then that would be truely awesome. In the book it says it is a half joke that the trimming is so bad that rather than jink under AAA fire they just goes hands off on the plane and it flies randomly enough. :)