DCS SERVERS DOWN

Good question...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

vor 2 Minuten schrieb HawkEXO:

Where do we monitor status on this, aside from spamming this board?  Is there a twitter or something similar that will announce when servers are back up?

vor 45 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

The team is still working on the problem with the servers, we apologize for the inconvenience 

3 minutes ago, Durin2 said:

you can ofc allways roll back your PC's date to the last time you "authorized" your property oO. This authorization crap is probably the most annoying thing about DCS.

less annoying than when we had to request a "serial reset" each time you reached 10 installs... Keeping in mind that some modules are realy old.

vor 1 Minute schrieb hotrod525:

less annoying than when we had to request a "serial reset" each time you reached 10 installs... Keeping in mind that some modules are realy old.

Im not around long enough in the DCS world to had to deal with that. But when i changed my internet provider due to moving, i was offline for ~3weeks and had to constantly roll back my PC's date to be able to fly modules i payed full price for. Who are they to tell me when i can use my property and when not? Don't they see that this kind of pissing of customers, trying to control what they do with their property only pisses off customers the same way Apple, Tesla and others act as if they had a say in what you do with your property? And for what? Other games manage to put checks in place without punishing paying customers too.

• Like 1

MP back up

• Like 2

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

47 minutes ago, Durin2 said:

Im not around long enough in the DCS world to had to deal with that. But when i changed my internet provider due to moving, i was offline for ~3weeks and had to constantly roll back my PC's date to be able to fly modules i payed full price for. Who are they to tell me when i can use my property and when not? Don't they see that this kind of pissing of customers, trying to control what they do with their property only pisses off customers the same way Apple, Tesla and others act as if they had a say in what you do with your property? And for what? Other games manage to put checks in place without punishing paying customers too.

Well, according to ToS, DCS World and its modules dosent belong to you. You only paid for the right of using it. So it's more about them letting you use their.
Also, in term of "not making customers happy" i can list many games that have the exact same issue... Tarkov being one if not the worst of all in that regard.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not enjoying it either, but it's not as bad as some say. TBH its being so long since i had issue connecting to DCS that i'm not even sure it ever happen.

3 hours ago, Durin2 said:

You apparently didn't realize that there is an OFFLINE mode (designed for this very type of scenario) you could have activated while you still had internet access to authorize it that would have avoided this problem.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rob10 said:

You apparently didn't realize that there is an OFFLINE mode (designed for this very type of scenario) you could have activated while you still had internet access to authorize it that would have avoided this problem.

The fact that you have to do that just to play something you already paid for is almost as ridiculous as you not realizing how ridiculous this is...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fropa said:

The fact that you have to do that just to play something you already paid for is almost as ridiculous as you not realizing how ridiculous this is...

Sorry, but they have to have some sort of copy protection or there is no way we'll have DCS.  Is the current system perfect: no.  Is it the best of the bad options: in my opinion yes.  So I have no problem what so ever with having to do that.  In a perfect world there would be no need for copy protection, but that is clearly not the world we live in.  It's NOT ridiculous that you need to do it.  I'm thankful that it is an option rather than a full on requirement that you must be constantly connected to play.  Do you want to go back to the old system of limited authorizations?  It never caused me any issues, but I'll take the current system over the old any day of the week.

• Like 1