1967 adaptation???

Logan54

Hello all! When I bought Sinai map I thought I will get really cool map with historical accent. But when I looked at it there are a lot of modern buildings, water pools, red and yellow trucks and a lot of colored containers...wtf?  I want historical map for more immersion. But I`ve bought Sinai to dogfight on MiG-19/21/17 through modern era? Really?

12095853_original.jpg

large_000000.jpg

yfm6yqjs2ivz.jpg

Aerial_view_of_the_road_through_Mitla_Pass_dotted_with_wrecked_Egyptian_vehicles_and_armour_after_Israel_air_force_attacks._June_1967._D326-013.jpg

Edited by Logan54
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Logan54 said:

Hello all! When I bought Sinai map I thought I will get really cool map with historical accent. But when I looked at it there are a lot of modern buildings, water pools, red and yellow trucks and a lot of colored containers...wtf?  I want historical map for more immersion. But I`ve bought Sinai to dogfight on MiG-19/21/17 through modern era? Really?

I agree, a historic variant of the Sinai map would be awesome!

The fact that you didn't get the module you expected to buy is your own fault though, as there was more than enough information on the product out there showing and explaining that this is a modern map.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 6/11/2023 at 9:40 AM, Logan54 said:

12095853_original.jpg

large_000000.jpg

yfm6yqjs2ivz.jpg

Aerial_view_of_the_road_through_Mitla_Pass_dotted_with_wrecked_Egyptian_vehicles_and_armour_after_Israel_air_force_attacks._June_1967._D326-013.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, we are now collecting information from those times which is not as much as we would like

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 минут назад, OnReTech сказал:

Thanks for the pictures, we are now collecting information from those times which is not as much as we would like

Is it mean we can have old variant of the Sinai map finaly? I can post more photo here if needed🙂 Because I very interested in old Sinai w/o trucks and waterpools😉

Edited by Logan54
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Logan54 said:

Is it mean we can have old variant of the Sinai map finaly? I can post more photo here if needed🙂 Because I very interested in old Sinai w/o trucks and waterpools😉

Please post photos of course.
I already wrote that there is such an opportunity in the DCS, but I have not studied it yet. I think they are testing it in the Mariana Islands when you change the time and the map changes

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Badger1-1 said:

may I ask why?

I'm also curious why?

One would think that a map named "Sinai" would at least include all major international airports located on the Sinai Peninsula (Sharm El-Sheikh, Taba etc.).

Especially considering that we already have the fairly detailed city of Sharm El-Sheikh.

Same goes for Aqaba: why creating this city in such a great detail and then skipping the King Hussein Intl. airport? Yeah, I know no one promised us Jordan, but still...

• Like 8

Dima | My DCS uploads

Aside from further future plans of enhancement they plan or may arise sometime, somewhere there were a list of airports planned to be included in Sinai map. The ones already meant to be on release, and the ones meant to come later while in early access but already planned to be. Have you checked those you mention aren't on that list already?

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

5 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Aside from further future plans of enhancement they plan or may arise sometime, somewhere there were a list of airports planned to be included in Sinai map. The ones already meant to be on release, and the ones meant to come later while in early access but already planned to be. Have you checked those you mention aren't on that list already?

Not aware of such list. Quick search didn't return any clear answers neither.

But if these airports are planned for after the release, I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

16 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Not aware of such list. Quick search didn't return any clear answers neither.

But if these airports are planned for after the release, I'm fine with that.

Here, first page first post, check if any of those are the ones you mention,

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

8 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Here, first page first post, check if any of those are the ones you mention,

I know about this one, however it doesn't cover things they've planned for after the final release (beyond the third phase). And no, neither of aerodromes I've mentioned seems to be on that list.

• Like 2

Dima | My DCS uploads

15 hours ago, OnReTech said:

we didn't plan to do it

I'm a bit surprised by this decision, as Sharm el-Sheikh is probably the most famous location on the Sinai peninsula, which this map is about. And it's not just important because it's a large vacation ressort nowadays, but also because of it's military past (and present) :

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

4 hours ago, Badger1-1 said:

I think the Devs are learning about this epic fight now for the first time 😄

a fight I doubt the veracity of considering it's only reported using IDF sources 🙂 Confirmed losses for the opening strike on '73 only amount to 8 aircraft across the entire strike iirc, so I really doubt the IDF kill claims. especially since they have been known to exaggerate them in the past

On 6/12/2023 at 4:45 AM, OnReTech said:

Please post photos of course.
I already wrote that there is such an opportunity in the DCS, but I have not studied it yet. I think they are testing it in the Mariana Islands when you change the time and the map changes

It would be cool if you guys could do this. For the most part it would be deleting stuff. Since for example Cairo today has ~4x the population it did in 1970 other cities are in that ballpark too. 

Also you guys need to add "Green Island"

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I don't understand the need for a historical version. We barely have any era correct aircraft, even less ground vehicles and naval assets. I understand people want to recreate the Sinai wars, but what people are asking for is the Devs to take more time from polishing and adding to an incredible product (I would say best map so far no question), to fill a small niche that a handful of people want. I agree with adding Sharm and King Hussein however, as modern-day they are still heavily used airports.

Most of the aircraft modules we have are missing real-life features, are export versions, or complete Frankensteins (I love you Jeff, but  yeah..), and same with the maps too. Why this obsession with having very specific eras on maps that most of us will be flying over at 20k feet? So a few buildings might be out of place? 90% of all buildings in DCS are generic copy//paste anyways, so we already have to see past imperfection.

The fact that in less than a year from development being made public, we had people flying on the map is astounding. But all that seems to be in this forum is people asking for more.

1 hour ago, Punkmonkey22 said:

I don't understand the need for a historical version. We barely have any era correct aircraft, even less ground vehicles and naval assets.

They will come with time. It's the same with period aircraft modules, where people argue that there is no map where they fit in. You have to start somewhere.

• Like 2

Tornado3 small.jpg