Keep getting stuck on GC Hold during alignment?

Archaic

Do you see the countdown in the HUD? I got the GC OK after countdown finished

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

also do not remove the wheel chocks or disengage the breaks at all during the alignment. I removed the wheel chocks while it was going and it reverted to the very beginning and I had to restart the mission due to it hanging.

• Like 3

Got stuck on that too. Redid the align and all was well. Didn't touch anything else controls wise. I had reset the tacan on first try and I think that knocked it out!

Edited by Lee1

Got stuck several times during alignment with either "GC HOLD", "GC NO TAXI" or "GC PP REQ".
I think it's related to the exact startup sequence. Doing things out of sequence from the tutorials seems to break INS alignment.

Edited by Buzzer1977

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

Well that's not cool...Sometimes when one thing takes a minute or 2, I'll move on to something else to make it go faster. Have to be sure to yell, "Out of sequence!" when you do though Lol

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

Solution start jet, Park brake on, set ins to aglin wait a few seconds rotate back to the off position wait a good 10 seconds then set it back to algin, It will then say GC no taxi, Wafit for countdown then bobs your uncle. Thats how i got round it.

• Like 3

sometimes i come up fine with just turning ins align off, but otherwise i have to pull up the kneeboard and enter the gps values for my location. Then do GC Align. I think it is because i made a mission and have the full cold start option set. GrimReapers vid shows how to enter the GPS values if you look it up on youtube. Kind of a pain. Otherwise i get stuck in , i think , 'GC require pp' state. 

11 hours ago, Coxy_99 said:

Solution start jet, Park brake on, set ins to aglin wait a few seconds rotate back to the off position wait a good 10 seconds then set it back to algin, It will then say GC no taxi, Wafit for countdown then bobs your uncle. Thats how i got round it.

It worked, thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As some mentioned, this indicates that the aircraft has moved during alignment. If someone struggles finding the issue, check your axis assignments for pilot and WSO. In my case I forgot to invert the thrust axis for the WSO, so I ran into this issue the moment I switched from pilot to WSO to engage TEWS and TGP to STBY. The fact, that you cannot hear the engine (thanks ECS :-))and that the wheel chocks were in place, prevented me from recognizing I am on MIL power for a short time.

• Like 1

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

8 hours ago, cazub said:

sometimes i come up fine with just turning ins align off, but otherwise i have to pull up the kneeboard and enter the gps values for my location. Then do GC Align. I think it is because i made a mission and have the full cold start option set. GrimReapers vid shows how to enter the GPS values if you look it up on youtube. Kind of a pain. Otherwise i get stuck in , i think , 'GC require pp' state. 

The question is: Is it really necessary to enter the coordinates ... ???
I am a little confused 🤗🤪

image.png

Edited by Trancers

🖥️ i9-11900KF 3.5-5.3GHz, 32GB DDR4 3000, RTX 3080ti 12GB, M.2 Gen4 :joystick: Warthog HOTAS & TPR :matrix: TrackIR ✈️F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, AH-64D, A-10C,F-15E  🚢 Supercarrier 🗺️Syria-Persian Gulf-Nevada-South Atlantic-Sinai 

🏡🛬 EDDH 🍿 Proud Dad of Twins 🍿

It only seems to ask for coordinates if you get something wrong the first time round, e.g. if you see 'GC HOLD' the first time and alignment doesn't progress, then switch INS off and back to GC align, it'll then ask for coordinates (even though the PP coordinates it wants are the same ones that are already input in the UFC).

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Trancers:

The question is: Is it really necessary to enter the coordinates

If you can get stuck at "PP REQ" then yes? Wouldn't be the first time a feature makes it to production the last second and then there's still old information out.

Might be interesting to see how the Alignment and Alert options relate to this. 

Edited by mettschnitte

13 hours ago, Trancers said:

That's not necessary. You can set INS Knob to "Store" position in order to get a kick Alignment.

Edited by elchacal
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, Trancers said:

image.png

I believe if you set the aircraft in the ME with the option GC align you need to input the coordinates yourself

1 hour ago, idenwen said:

If stuck in GC HOLD and not leaving it I switch INS off and on again for alingment and reenter both coordinates, switch it off and on again and enter N coordinate and it jumps to NO TAXI

Try this:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 hours ago, Ignition said:

I had this issue once, and then never again. As mentioned above don't touch the controls and everything will be ok.

Pretty much. Also, don't rearm while aligning. The sudden center of gravity shift threw off the alignment process, I think. I just changed my startup flow last night to: Start Aircraft> Align> Rearn. Aligned flawlessly. Also Rearm can be made before initiating alignment, ofc. Not touching the ruder controls also a must during alignment.

1 hour ago, idenwen said:

If stuck in GC HOLD and not leaving it I switch INS off and on again for alingment and reenter both coordinates, switch it off and on again and enter N coordinate and it jumps to NO TAXI

I found that you need to re enter all coordinates again after off and GC align.

Wait at least 10 second to go from off to GC align, re enter the coordinates, or align via stored heading.