Laser Codes

H60MTI

I'm trying out a random mission for the Eagle. I'm used to the Hornet where I need to enter the laser codes into the weapon before releasing. I'm not seeing anything for that in the Eagle. I tried taking out this ship with the GBU-28, big boy bomb, but it was waaaaay off. Is there a screen where I need to enter the laser code prior to deployment? I have to be missing something...

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

Hi, try to have a look on F15 DCS Manual pages 420-421 and 497-> 501

there are also some limitations/conditions to meet:

1. Laser arm switch should be set to ARM.
2. Valid laser code must be entered.
3. Weight Off Wheels and gear handle up. 
4. Altitude is below 25 000 feet.

I'm trying out a random mission for the Eagle. I'm used to the Hornet where I need to enter the laser codes into the weapon before releasing. I'm not seeing anything for that in the Eagle. I tried taking out this ship with the GBU-28, big boy bomb, but it was waaaaay off. Is there a screen where I need to enter the laser code prior to deployment? I have to be missing something...
Open the kneeboard and go to the last or first page.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Ohhh...I'm not at the computer right now, bedtime for kids, but do they different codes listed? I'm used to everything being 1688...
The mission should list them I guess.
In any case, you have the change the codes on the ground, IIRC, haven't tried it myself yet, just noticed that special kneeboard page when I browsed through them all.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Just now, 1stBEAST said:

wait u guys have a gbu28?

It's available in DCS but it does not work correctly yet afaik.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Well, that would explain it then. If you do the Tilda sinking mission, it gives you a big old GBU-28. Yeah, it's a 5000lb laser guided artillery barrel bomb and would probably just punch straight through the ship but I would of still like to of seen it...

• Like 1

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

H60MTI is right. I tried that mission, too. GBU-28 didn't "catch" the laser beam. TGP code was 1688, as well as the code for the GBU-28's station, as I checked in the Mission Planner. Mk-84 bombs seemed to be buged, too. I couldn't place the CCIP pipper on the ship when diving. I think the last case was reported here: 

Edited by JetJake76
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 2:03 AM, H60MTI said:

I figured it out. It was problems with the GBU-28. It doesn't link with the laser for some reason. The GBU-24 is spot on!

The GBU-28 isn't really implemented it. The current GBU-28 is a very old model for use by AI aircraft. It doesn't work properly with player aircraft and will be entirely re-done.

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Ignition said:

Speaking of GBU-28, The guidance its like a Paveway III ? It needs to be lased from drop to impact like the GBU-24 ?

The GBU-28 IS a Paveway III. So yeah, guidance should be the same as for the GBU-24.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg