A bug in the taxiway damaged A-10 landing gear.

Heliflyr

Taxing on A to B (abeam parking spot 65, N13 34 37/ E144  55 37) the ground is so rippled that it damaged the landing gear and I was forced to either repair it or get a new.  I seen that others have complained about the unevenness of the surface on this map, so I doubt that this will be addressed. "It was a free map, so why are you bitching!"

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Heliflyr said:

Taxing on A to B (abeam parking spot 65, N13 34 37/ E144  55 37) the ground is so rippled that it damaged the landing gear and I was forced to either repair it or get a new.  I seen that others have complained about the unevenness of the surface on this map, so I doubt that this will be addressed. "It was a free map, so why are you bitching!"

The question I would rather ask you is "Why are you taking the time to write a bug report if you really think it won't be fixed?".

It seems obvious to me that it will be fixed since it damages the aircraft gear. That is exactly what a taxiway is for: avoiding gears to be damaged.

Do you have a track, please?

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Unless OP is taxiing way faster than he should, and is fully loaded, the aircraft should be fine.

My tracks demonstrate not the damage done to the jet (I finally managed to bend one of the antennas on my fourth try), but rather how crooked that spot is.

bumpy_AAFB_empty.trkbumpy_AAFB_loaded.trk

It simply shouldn't be this bumpy:

Screenshot - 230730 02_17_01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 2:58 PM, Flappie said:

The question I would rather ask you is "Why are you taking the time to write a bug report if you really think it won't be fixed?".

It seems obvious to me that it will be fixed since it damages the aircraft gear. That is exactly what a taxiway is for: avoiding gears to be damaged.

Do you have a track, please?

What do you need a track file for? I gave the coordinates where to look. Here it is again if you missed it in my post, (abeam parking spot 65, N13 34 37/ E144  55 37).

3 hours ago, Heliflyr said:

What do you need a track file for?

It's an easy way to show to the devs exactly how, where, and under what circumstances damage is occurring, which is presumably why Flappie is asking for it. A coordinate - while it points out the bump - doesn't do that.

• Like 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

I thought Anderson was supposed to be a somewhat bumpy field.

1 hour ago, Recoil16 said:

It's an easy way to show to the devs exactly how, where, and under what circumstances damage is occurring, which is presumably why Flappie is asking for it. A coordinate - while it points out the bump - doesn't do that.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:30 PM, Heliflyr said:

Your GPS coordinates aren't all that precise, a Track file will give them the exact spot.  IIRC, it could be anywhere within a hundred feet of that spot.

Edited by 9thHunt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 9thHunt said:

Your GPS coordinates aren't all that precise, a Track file will give them the exact spot.  IIRC, it could be anywhere within a hundred feet of that spot.

An excellent point actually. DMS coordinates without decimal seconds as given here are only accurate to about 30 meters (in latitude, with longitude precision differing depending on the latitude but let's not get into that right now), which is 100ft as you say.

• Like 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

11 hours ago, 9thHunt said:

I thought Anderson was supposed to be a somewhat bumpy field.

Uneven and curved runway, yes, but not bumpy.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria