Added cpg ai target store command in last patch

giullep
Go to solution Solved by StanThaMan,

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

Described in the George AI chapter of the manual.

It looks like the manual you can download from the ED site is still the old version.  Can ED update this to the new manual?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/c22/hyhtbs5kqjyjauapanut3az7bbs3p3b1/DCS_AH-64D_Quick_Start_Manual_EN.pdf

In the meantime, the new manual can be found in the folder on your machine where the aircraft is installed:

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Doc\DCS AH-64D Quick Start Manual EN.pdf

• Like 1

• ED Team
5 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

It looks like the manual you can download from the ED site is still the old version.  Can ED update this to the new manual?

Thanks for the heads-up. The website will be updated in the near future.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

on p416 the manual states:

"TADS Store Target. If George (as the CPG) is tracking a target with the TADS, this command will direct George to store a Target point (T##) using the STORE/UPDT switch on the TEDAC Left Handgrip. If George is not already lasing, he will momentarily fire the LRFD to get accurate range data before storing the location as a Target point. This command is only available when the Player is occupying the Pilot seat."

However, I cannot find 'TADS Store Target' as a command in the George AI Helper menu. Also I cannot find it in the George infographic in the manual:

image.jpeg

So how do I command George to store the target?

EDIT: I found the command as a single instruction in the AH-64D pilot command list. So that means I can command George to do something even when the George AI menu is not active?

Edited by skypickle
found solution
  • Like 1

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

Thanks for this post, following.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

12 hours ago, skypickle said:

on p416 the manual states:

"TADS Store Target. If George (as the CPG) is tracking a target with the TADS, this command will direct George to store a Target point (T##) using the STORE/UPDT switch on the TEDAC Left Handgrip. If George is not already lasing, he will momentarily fire the LRFD to get accurate range data before storing the location as a Target point. This command is only available when the Player is occupying the Pilot seat."

However, I cannot find 'TADS Store Target' as a command in the George AI Helper menu. Also I cannot find it in the George infographic in the manual:

image.jpeg

So how do I command George to store the target?

EDIT: I found the command as a single instruction in the AH-64D pilot command list. So that means I can command George to do something even when the George AI menu is not active?

Did some testing. It is basically just a single command to map to a hotas button for the pilot only. But you (as pilot) use that command when the George command rose is active because Geroge will store the target that you pick in his targets detection list with a press of that button. He can store the target where your pointer ">" is at in the list before or after you select the target. The stored targets (in red) can be seen in the MFD for TSD/COORD SHOW/PLANNED TGTS/THREATS. 

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

I wonder if this is why I have been having one hell of a time getting George to find targets after the patch. Typically George will find targets when I point my Pilot HMD que where I want him to search and tap up on George wheel. Last couple of days it’s been like he got a solid visor on his helmet and is blind as a bat. Using the K Hellfires all I see from George is the occasional “all tracks deleted”. 

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

2 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

He can store the target where your pointer ">" is at in the list before or after you select the target.

I tested this last night and it didn't work as well as I was hoping.

George found a few targets out in front of me (beyond 9999) and reported them in the list.  I told him to Store the first target in the list and he stored a spot on the ground about 1km in front of me.  After selecting that item from the list, he started lasing it and I was able to Store it again at the correct location.

I don't think he is squirting the laser prior to storing when you haven't selected the item from the list yet.  I'll do more testing again this evening.

This is excellent! Thanks for this posting. @skypickle has just jumped the gun on me (LOL) and started a new thread for a "How to use it" discussion in which I will be asking about as well as not to muck up this specific thread.

Thanks all

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• ED Team

The TADS Store Target is an AI Helper Command. The graphic at the end of the George chapter shows how the George AI Helper Controls change based on the interface mode.

There are distinctions between these two in how they can or cannot be used that is explained in the manual. Instead of typing out paragraphs upon paragraphs in the forums, I recommend simply reading the manual for a much more thorough and clear explanation.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

4 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

The TADS Store Target is an AI Helper Command. The graphic at the end of the George chapter shows how the George AI Helper Controls change based on the interface mode.

There are distinctions between these two in how they can or cannot be used that is explained in the manual. Instead of typing out paragraphs upon paragraphs in the forums, I recommend simply reading the manual for a much more thorough and clear explanation.

hmm will have another read then

The ways I can think of to use it are :-
1) Mark a target you want to keep your distance from, while doing another task
2) Send it to a wingman ( when that's added )
3) Build a graphical picture on the TSD of an unknown battlespace
4) Draw a picture on the TSD of a smiley face - although that will require a very co-operative enemy

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe