No Multiplayer Servers (latest open beta)

Hi all,

Had to step away from DCS for a few months, got back, updated and now I cannot get any servers to show up in server browser. 

(running latest open beta)

I am playing off my phone's hotspot, I know its not ideal but it has worked 'good enough' for me in the past.

I have tried all the fixes that worked for guys with the same issue...

-Deleted the saved games DCS folder.

-Made sure ipv6 was enabled.

-Removed all mods and did a slow repair.

-Tried with a VPN connection

-Tried to connect via IP Address.

-Enabled/disabled the Yellow Eye DLC thingy in the server browser.

-Set DNS to 8.8.8.8

-Disabled firewall 

Let me know if I have missed one, log file attached.

Many thanks!

dcs.log

Edited by TheCoyoteHunter

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

Tried everything I can think of multiple times now. I'm guessing its got something to do with my connection.

I have got a 4gLTE connection that gives me 50-60 megabits down and 30 up. Yagi directional cell booster antenna on the roof. Its the only net we have out here, and its worked for DCS in the past. Currently works well with other games like Battlefield 4, Arma and Squad.

No idea whats going on, but if I get it figured I'll post it here.

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

Im having a similar issue, logged in to DCS (forgot there was an update,) looked at the MP server list and found it empty. Ran the updater, update went fine and am now on the latest OB version (v2.8.8.43704.) Went back in to the MP list and still no servers showing. I was able to connect via IP to one of my favorited servers, and it connected to the server without issue, even had SRS autostart and autoconnect (I know, not a DCS thing but figured still worth mentioning.) After connecting to the server via IP, the server list started populating. I am on a 551MBps down, 22MBps Up network (as shown by the Ookla Speed Test) with an ethernet cable running straight from the router to the PC. I am running a firewall, but have both DCS and SRS allowed through. I am also running IPv6. I have tried restarting my modem and my router, still no servers showing up when first opening DCS World Multithread. Please find attached my latest DCS.log from when I connected via IP to the favorited server and had the server list populate afterwards.

dcs.log

Edited by Crew Dog
Clarification

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

12 hours ago, Flapjacks said:

I've been having the same issue from time to time. Although the connecting by ip address, then logging off would show the servers. Unless I reloaded the page, then they wouldn't show and I'd have to log in via ip address again. Hope they fix this soon.

If you try a different connection ( like using VPN or Phone hotspot ) something changes?
VPN must be a "full tunnel" not a split one.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Adding this from my DCS log file. It clearly received a list of servers but didn't populate the displayed list. I tried again in the single threaded exe and the list is full. Multithreading UI timing issue perhaps?

2023-09-07 01:49:09.578 INFO    Dispatcher (Main): //=== END OF INIT ======================================//
2023-09-07 01:49:09.580 INFO    EDCORE (Main): (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2
2023-09-07 01:49:09.604 INFO    EDCORE (Main): (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3
2023-09-07 01:49:09.604 INFO    LUA (Main): Lua CPU usage: metric: average game loading: 41.1161 %
2023-09-07 01:51:43.586 INFO    ED_SOUND (9124): Using SSSE3 for peak calc.
2023-09-07 01:51:43.608 INFO    ASYNCNET (Main): client has started
2023-09-07 01:51:43.608 INFO    ASYNCNET (Main): Using LEDBAT for UDP congestion control.
2023-09-07 01:51:51.439 WARNING ASYNCNET (Main): Ignoring duplicate request to dcs:serverlist while one is already in flight.
2023-09-07 01:51:58.618 INFO    ASYNCNET (Main): got 1583 servers from the master.
2023-09-07 01:54:22.677 ERROR   VISUALIZER (3060): xrEndFrame failed with error: XR_ERROR_TIME_INVALID
2023-09-07 01:54:34.303 WARNING LOG (8372): 10 duplicate message(s) skipped.

I just got same issue out of the blue. Disconnected from one server get back on list and it was all empty. Nothing changed in mean time. I guess no multiplayer for me. For me. Be it Singlethread version or MT it is all the same. multiplayer list is empty.

Edited by Aries101

I fiddle with game a bit more and at one moment i saw that "yellow eye" symbol on multiplayer list screen that basicaly shows all servers if greyed out or just ones compatible with your dlc if turned on. It is aparently turned on by default for no aparent reason. Just click on that icon (aka grey it out) and refresh list.

• 1 month later...

MP is working again on 2.9 OB, not sure what changed, but 👍👏👌😃😎

I’m having same issue here. Can’t see any multiplayer servers. I have checked everything. Turned off firewall reinstalled the whole dcs file updated bios. Checked network properties. Everything seems fine. Every other game multiplayer is working. Just can’t see and servers in dcs 2.9 latest???  Any help much appreciated 

i believe the issue could be ED digitalcombatsimulator.com server has been overwork or is slow.

I believe the ingame is polling the same web server as below to get the list. moreover, even my browser suffer from connection issue.

my Internet are based on a 1 Gbps fiber connection. 

null

image.png

17 hours ago, Mashmallow said:

i believe the issue could be ED digitalcombatsimulator.com server has been overwork or is slow.

I believe the ingame is polling the same web server as below to get the list. moreover, even my browser suffer from connection issue.

Have you tried UNCHECKING the "FAVORITES ONLY"?  I've seen it come up with nothing if you favourite happens to change IP address.

I'm not very NET savvy, and I may just butcher the proper wording of this.

I think the problem has something to do with TCP vs. UDP internet. Gaming uses UDP, but DCS can log in with TCP no problem, but it will not show MP servers on TCP.

When you are on TCP it will say Server Offline when you try to connect via IP.

When you are on UDP and no servers show up, if you connect via IP it works, it seems to somehow switch something in DCS. 

I can recreate this on my end, using a TCP proxy through my phone's hotspot. Like I said logging in is no problem on TCP but no servers, and connect via IP says Server Offline. With no TCP proxy everything works.

Again I'm not NET savvy, just sharing my thoughts and trials.

Coyote