Can We Have the F-105 Thunderchief?

Mike Force Team

Or use the search function

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

34 minutes ago, twistking said:

that would be a dream come true!

If ED does it we will only get one version, an F-105D-31-RE. No T-Stick II, no Ryans Raiders F-105F, no F-105G Wild Weasel III. The Thud and F-111 are two that I want Heatblur to do specifically for multiple variants. I would not call ED doing it a dream.... well, a nightmare is a dream too.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

4 hours ago, Vampyre said:

If ED does it we will only get one version, an F-105D-31-RE. No T-Stick II, no Ryans Raiders F-105F, no F-105G Wild Weasel III. The Thud and F-111 are two that I want Heatblur to do specifically for multiple variants. I would not call ED doing it a dream.... well, a nightmare is a dream too.

It might not be as complex but we did get multiple Jugs. I'd love to have multiple variants but first the question is what data still exists? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vampyre said:

Heatblur has said they are going away from doing multiple models, the F4E and Navy variant will be the last time they do more than one model. The Eurofighter and A6 will be one type only. 

If you want multiple 105s then it looks like Aerges would be the company to do it. But they seem to mostly do stuff they can get their hands on in Spain.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 9:37 AM, razo+r said:

Why do you always post a random .docx file with a picture in it if you can just attach the picture directly here to the forums?

His account and posts feels very much like a Bot/Spam account... 👀

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would take an F-105D-31-RE to no F-105 at all!  The F-105G would be the next most important and only other import variant, in my opinion, anyway.  But I don't know when or if the 'G' could be made if technology in it is still classified...it would be a significantly different aircraft from the 'D', I think.  The F-4 Phantom is a much more significant aircraft, I think, having been produced for both the USAF and USN/USMC to over 5,000 aircraft, right?  I would hope Heatblur would also produce an F-4C and D, as well as the F-4B and J.  Or at least either a C and J or a D and B.  So, a total of at least 3 variants of the Phantom II.  I hope.  But for the -105, I think we'll be lucky to get just the 'D' at the "systems" detail level of the F-16C.  Hopefully, they won't just make a 'G' and skip the 'D', though.

Here's a link to a video some of you may not have seen called "Thud Pilots".  Enjoy!  I include it here in hopes that it might generate more enthusiasm for an F-105 in DCS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Andrew8604 said:

I would take an F-105D-31-RE to no F-105 at all!  The F-105G would be the next most important and only other import variant, in my opinion, anyway.  But I don't know when or if the 'G' could be made if technology in it is still classified...it would be a significantly different aircraft from the 'D', I think.  The F-4 Phantom is a much more significant aircraft, I think, having been produced for both the USAF and USN/USMC to over 5,000 aircraft, right?  I would hope Heatblur would also produce an F-4C and D, as well as the F-4B and J.  Or at least either a C and J or a D and B.  So, a total of at least 3 variants of the Phantom II.  I hope.  But for the -105, I think we'll be lucky to get just the 'D' at the "systems" detail level of the F-16C.  Hopefully, they won't just make a 'G' and skip the 'D', though.

Here's a link to a video some of you may not have seen called "Thud Pilots".  Enjoy!  I include it here in hopes that it might generate more enthusiasm for an F-105 in DCS.

a couple more films 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...