Throwing smoke grenades?

Findingpastorp

5 hours ago, sgtoinkz said:

it would be cool to be able to "dispense" a smoker out the door kind of like a flare salvo

Early WIP from 3 years ago @2:00:33

• Like 3

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 9/27/2023 at 5:39 AM, sgtoinkz said:

I second that, it would be cool to be able to "dispense" a smoker out the door kind of like a flare salvo. Extra credit if we can engage enemies with and M4 as well!

Leaning out with M4 and blasting would be so awesome in VR!

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 12:57 PM, Gunfreak said:

Leaning out with M4 and blasting would be so awesome in VR!

While probably an interesting feature, nothing in the similar abilities for the Huey, Gazelle nor Hind indicate that that would be a good experience. Since you don't lean out and fly the chopper at the same time, crewing a gun is boring 99.9% of the time (to me). Firing at tiny (M4 is effective anti-personnel only), moving and evasive targets with gun mounted on a moving, turning platform also proves a recipe for frustration to me, so I would not expect too much from such a feature beyond some novelty factor.

But who knows, maybe it's going to be a great experience, so I'm looking forward to purchasing the Kiowa and finding out (yeah, still a day one purchase for me even after years of pain in the Gazelle)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

They are literally only showing it with VR hands in the video.

Yes? And does that means they won't implement other way of controlling the M4? 

One way on doing it don't preclude it from being done other ways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

While true, I think they're trying to point out that you're basically saying 'Gosh, I hope they'll implement it exactly like the way they demonstrated in the video.' While we can certainly take nothing for granted here, I imagine that them implementing it with VR hand controllers (given that they showed it being used by what appear to be VR hand controllers) is a pretty safe bet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

The way they're doing it is the way you specifically asked about. 

I don't think he was claiming it can't be done other ways, just pointing out that you don't need to wonder if they'll do it the way they're already doing it.

Edited by Sabre_Ewan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

They are literally only showing it with VR hands in the video.

My apologies. My phone changed without to with. And that completely changed the meaning of my question and I didn't catch the change.

I was actually wondering about those that don't have VR, or VR without hand tracking. Would be a bummer for those that don't have that.(Which is the majority players.)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LorenLuke said:

While true, I think they're trying to point out that you're basically saying 'Gosh, I hope they'll implement it exactly like the way they demonstrated in the video.' While we can certainly take nothing for granted here, I imagine that them implementing it with VR hand controllers (given that they showed it being used by what appear to be VR hand controllers) is a pretty safe bet.

There is one detail, and that is that Polychop could not implement something similar to an FPS if that functionality were not in the Core... either this is a placebo or something that has been created separately (unless officially, ED says that it is something inherent to DCS World).

1 minute ago, Silver_Dragon said:

There is one detail, and that is that Polychop could not implement something similar to an FPS if that functionality were not in the Core... either this is a placebo or something that has been created separately (unless officially, ED says that it is something inherent to DCS World).

I mean, I wouldn't be so quick to suggest it's potentially fake. To me, it looks similar, gameplay-wise, to the door gunners you see in some of the other helos, just with a moving pivot point (left hand) compared to something like the KORD in the Hind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LorenLuke said:

I mean, I wouldn't be so quick to suggest it's potentially fake. To me, it looks similar, gameplay-wise, to the door gunners you see in some of the other helos, just with a moving pivot point (left hand) compared to something like the KORD in the Hind.

The functionality of an FPS is something too big on DCS to take lightly, so it is better to lower expectations or say that it is not something "real", lest later, some people come with pitchforks and torches...

On 10/28/2023 at 3:51 AM, cfrag said:

While probably an interesting feature, nothing in the similar abilities for the Huey, Gazelle nor Hind indicate that that would be a good experience. Since you don't lean out and fly the chopper at the same time, crewing a gun is boring 99.9% of the time (to me). Firing at tiny (M4 is effective anti-personnel only), moving and evasive targets with gun mounted on a moving, turning platform also proves a recipe for frustration to me, so I would not expect too much from such a feature beyond some novelty factor.

But who knows, maybe it's going to be a great experience, so I'm looking forward to purchasing the Kiowa and finding out (yeah, still a day one purchase for me even after years of pain in the Gazelle)

not sure about you but I can fly and man the door gunner position quite well in vr.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

10 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Apologies! In what way do read that people are asking for/talking about FPS features? We're only discussing the possibility to throw out grenades and shooting the M4 from the seat/cockpit. No one except you have mentioned FPS features. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

7 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Apologies! In what way do read that people are asking for/talking about FPS features? We're only discussing the possibility to throw out grenades and shooting the M4 from the seat/cockpit. No one except you have mentioned FPS features. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

If you check the conversation in the last posts, we are referring to the firing of the M-4 rifle, which appeared in the last Polychop video.

6 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

If you check the conversation in the last posts, we are referring to the firing of the M-4 rifle, which appeared in the last Polychop video.

I literally have the second post in this thread. Of course I read it. And so what? Did you watch the video? No one is discussing running around in an FPS version, which you are the first to mention, and you bring in the "limitations" of DCS and you're hinting that the video is fake. Pretty sure they just took the possibilities of the door gunners the another level. Like Heatblur has done with Jester. Or are you suggesting that Jester is in the core? 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Pretty sure they just took the possibilities of the door gunners the another level.

That was What I was thinking. It is just another door gunner with an animated pilot. I can’t say it is not handy, but experiencing other helicopters bad resistance against m4 and ak rifles it is probably not wise to use it in some situations 

• Like 1

That was What I was thinking. It is just another door gunner with an animated pilot. I can’t say it is not handy, but experiencing other helicopters bad resistance against m4 and ak rifles it is probably not wise to use it in some situations 
Back to CS for headshot practice it is!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

I literally have the second post in this thread. Of course I read it. And so what? Did you watch the video? No one is discussing running around in an FPS version, which you are the first to mention, and you bring in the "limitations" of DCS and you're hinting that the video is fake. Pretty sure they just took the possibilities of the door gunners the another level. Like Heatblur has done with Jester. Or are you suggesting that Jester is in the core?  
Something similar to Jester was implementen by ED before... I dont put hate VS polychop work, but intent make a FPS realistic on DCS has not "fast or easy task" or bypass the core (on fact FPS has maked on CA). Surely they use someone technology of UH-1 gunners. About trowing grenades, the same, CA has that funtionality.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk