Can you confirm is not even in ALPHA stage?

pepin1234

3 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

It's hard for people believe this aircraft can beat F-16 and Mig-29 in less than 1 min. Here is a track that confirm such a overpower turn rate. 

I set the skill to Ace but still... I'm talking about the aircraft.

Screen_230924_203635.jpg

F-1 on steroid.trk 99.87 kB · 0 downloads

What skill level did you set for the F-16 and MiG-29?

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

7 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

It's hard for people believe this aircraft can beat F-16 and Mig-29 in less than 1 min. Here is a track that confirm such a overpower turn rate. 

I set the skill to Ace but still... I'm talking about the aircraft.

Screen_230924_203635.jpg

F-1 on steroid.trk 99.87 kB · 1 download

Congratulations, you just wittnessed the AI in its full glory. By the way, go try against a MiG-21 at the same skill level. It will 2-circle rate you at 8.5G and 480kts without ever losing speed. Any questions? Right…

So Pepin, you are around the forums long enough to know such stuff. It is definitely not an OP F1 on steroids but definitely an AI problem. The F1 FM is just fine and any (human!) self-respecting DCS F-16 or MiG-29 pilot will eat the F1 alive in ACM. Any day. Period. 

To wrap this up here is a final question from me because you were not clear on this. Do you even own the F1? Did you even fly it? If so and you have any doubts about what I just said I suggest you join a very well known dogfight server, hop in a F1 and go enjoy the experience against human pilots. Then come back here and tell me if you still think the F1 is OP. Thank you.

Edited by Tango3B
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bones1014 said:

Ace level AI fly where ever they way however fast they want. I've flown the 16 against Ace Mig21's and always lose in a vertical fight because they're using a Saturn V engine apparently.

Good point. The thing is ED F-16 AI have a particular skill been a 4th Gen fighter. Then what we should expect for next incoming modules about older Era? 

also I’m talking about this F-1 and I did the test F-1 vs Mig-21 and the F-1 overpass the 21 in all aspect. Missing only in missile performance. 

AI behavior is really important because most of the people face AI in single player mode and campaigns. 

done dogfight against this turning rate behave in a modern fighter could be an extreme challenge. Latest missiles versions apart…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AI is junk. Btw, i've seen that, for the F1 specific, the AI pulls more AoA  as the skill level increases. If you select ROOKIE . the AI flies  up to  the ''normal'' AoA limit of 17 degr. and the flying performa nce  is somewhat more believable. TRAINED AI flies iirc with 19 AoA etc, above that you will see some UFO - ballerina style movements.

Edited by jaguara5

• ED Team

Folks keep the discussion civil. 

AI is not a third party issue, we are already working on the new GFM for AI so you need to be patient. 

thank you

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2