2.9 DCS World OpenBeta Dedicated Server won't launch.

When I run the new DCS Server it fails to launch with
DCS Updater 2.16.3.18

Can't run C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta Server\bin-mt/DCS.exe: (2) The system cannot find the file specified. 

The path is wrong and and there is no bin-mt folder. When I run the DCS.exe from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS.exe I also get an error:
Authorization Failed
Authorization is valid for 2d 23h 59m. The following DLCs are not authorized and will be disabled: TheChannel.

Then it disappears if I hit OK.

image.png
image.png

OS: Windows 10 64bit / MB: MSI Gamers Edge /CPU:Intel CORE I5 9600K @ 4.5 GHz/ RAM: 32 GB / Gfx: Geforce 980 GTX TI x2 in SLI /Drives:1 970 NVMe & 2x SSD RAID 0 /Joystick: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog/ TrackIR 5/Saitek Rudder

Forgot the old school command line, thank you!

40 minutes ago, titi69 said:

we have same isue

if you try this command it should launch it in command line , but seems we have issue with DCS_updater

dcs.exe --server --norender

OS: Windows 10 64bit / MB: MSI Gamers Edge /CPU:Intel CORE I5 9600K @ 4.5 GHz/ RAM: 32 GB / Gfx: Geforce 980 GTX TI x2 in SLI /Drives:1 970 NVMe & 2x SSD RAID 0 /Joystick: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog/ TrackIR 5/Saitek Rudder

start the server directly file from bin folder to solve the issue. The problem is the launcher that is now set to start automatically the multithread version of DCS, that doesn't exist for dedicated server.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

3 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

start the server directly file from bin folder to solve the issue.

This does not work. The program closes itself after the splash screen appears. Using the modular DS.

Setting the shortcut to DCS.exe and appending --server --norender appears to work, though.

dcs.log

Edited by Nealius

to fix the issue we switch to modular dedicated server , we uninstalled and reisntall with modular version
you may try .\bin\DCS_updater.exe update "@dcs_server.openbeta" it should switch to modular or reinstall from scratch

So far i saw this issue only for old style dedicated server , no issue for updating modular version

Edited by titi69
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cornbeef007 said:

Were we ever informed that the legacy server was going to sunset? 

Same issue and this needs to get fixed...it's been a few days.

What is the "legacy" server?

I'm trying to run the DCS Dedicated Server I downloaded separate from DCS World.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I updated my private dedicated server from 2.8 to 2.9 and had the same issue.

But when I went to the dedicated server download page at the website, I saw that there were two download files. One for 2.8 and one for 2.9.

I uninstalled the 2.8 server on my machine and reinstalled it with the ver 2.9 one and the problem went away. 

It seems the updater for the dedicated server does not "really" update from 2.8 to 2.9. Hope that helps.

Best regards.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

image.png

Edited by cashman75

Short Summery, uninstalling OB Dedicated Server, downloading 2.9 OB Dedicated Server and installing that fixes the issue - at least for me.

NOTICE: only the download page in English says 2.9 OB Dedicated Server. If you select a different langue at the top of the page by clicking on one of the other flags, all the pages in all the different languages say 2.8(!!) I didn't test to see what they download.

When installing, you will be asked, which if any of the maps you wish to install. If you are installing the Dedicated Server onto the same system where your DCS World installation resides, these maps will not be downloaded again, but rather copied from you DCS World OB installation. The copying will take some time--how long will depend on the hard disks or SSDs you are using--but it will certainly be far quicker than if you have to download the maps.

The 2.9 OB DS does not install a DCS Server Update icon onto your desktop, and the start icon calls DCS_server.exe directly and not DCS_update.exe, so if you want that link you will have to create it yourself.

• Thanks 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Can confirm uninstalling old version and reinstalling new 2.9 modular version resolved the issue. 

Anybody having issues?  Mine gets to the splash screen (running as admin, clean install, dedicated Win10 PC) and then that's it.  Just sits there with the splash screen, for several hours (until I close it).  

Any ideas?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Same.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Already reported here:

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Lace said:

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

no worries, merged. It is reported.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I reinstalled 2.9 Modular version according this thread, but I'm wondering that Server cannot start all maps? It says in the description:

"Terrain and WWII units modules don't need activation when launched in server mode without rendering, server owners shouldn't buy them. "

It seems that Sinai map does not follow this rule. Other terrains can be started, but Sinai missions are greyed out. Actually the reason seems to be that the Dedicated server has not downloaded any stuff from Sinai to Mods\terrains folder.

----- EDIT -----

Ok, when I manually copied Sinai Folder from OpenBeta installation I can now start it. But still, something to look at.

Edited by HanuXXL