LeapMotion in 2.9 completely broken !!

CougarFFW04

Hi DCS,

First thanks for the patch with big amount of work

Howerver virtual hand interaction via Leapmotion (ultraLeap in fact) worked quite well, at least for me in version 2.8, with a success rate close to 95% on buttons and switches all over the F18 cockpit. Since version 2.9, the interaction is completely broken.
 - interaction with buttons no longer works or works erratically
- when by some miracle I manage to toggle a switch, it's impossible to do the opposite action.
- touch seems to be out of place on some buttons. For example, on the F18, when I activate the bingo button, the one above is activated (when it works).

Please DCS give us back our hands... 

And by the way why don't you removed the "hands move the hotas" function ?
Going through the forum it's clear that NOBODY will NEVER use it!!
It's just a nightmare that introduce the "hand diseaoearing" bug!!

Please go on with usefull things.

Thanks

Edited by CougarFFW04

Confirmed here on the F16C module as well. Button interaction occurs when the finger is much deeper into the mesh than it was before. This causes inputs to be much less accurate, especially where buttons are close together. 

Edited by Apostle

19 minutes ago, Apostle said:

Confirmed here on the F16C module as well. Button interaction occurs when the finger is much deeper into the mesh than it was before. This causes inputs to be much less accurate, especially where buttons are close together. 

Hi Apostle

Agree with your conclusion with also a kind of displacement.
One can activate a button pressing just below it.
Probably the reason why if one click somewhere with a button/switch above it the action is erractic (typically what I was saying for the bingo button on the F18)

Hope this can be fixed soon

• 2 weeks later...

the finger interaction distance is changing almost every flight. A few days ago, and just now, I was able to push buttons and twiddle knobs with just the very tip of my finger as I'd expect (in Special Leap mode).  It's as if the finger tip touch location randomly changes based on where my hands are when I enter the cockpit, but I can't reproduce it. It almost never works for me in VR leap mode and can only point / gesture.

although I love the leap pointing ability and now can't live without it, I certainly admire anyone who's using the finger switch/knob interaction and still be effective under pressure, even when it is working correctly. the only thing i can rely on it for is to press the master warning / caution buttons 🤪

So.. Firstly, thank you for adding "Z" distance slider, i.e. towards-away from the pilot's head position.

However, it appears that during the 2.9 update, the default position of the hands (or origin) has been moved, and the 'world scale' of the hands has changed.   I cannot now align my hands with my real-life (1:1 scale) F18 cockpit.  The +/-10cm slider for both Y and Z are simply not enough range to get good alignment since the origin appears to have been shifted.

Is there any way to revert to the 2.8 code while keeping the "Z" slider.   (The move left-right slider is OK, but I cannot see that many would have that issue, especially with HMD mounted leapmotion trackers)

System specs:
i9-11900KF OC to 5500Mhz with water block- MSI RTX4090 OC - ASUS ROG HERO VIII - 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz- 1TB SSD OS - 2TB SSD GAME- 1000W PSU
Pimax 8kx - TM Pendular Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - TM Waterhog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - WinWing Pheonix MIP/UPC - Homemade Landing Gear control.  Andre's SimShaker driving two subwoofers and seat kickers for seat and control column vibration - sketchpad linked to OpenKneeboard - VoiceAttack with VIACOM Pro

I ordered a leap motion for the fun of it. Which airplane works best for you guys?

I am not expecting a perfect solution right now (I have read about the existing limitations and problems). I just think it is a cool product I want to support this kind of development and experience it myself for the immersion. 

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 9:07 AM, Tusk.V said:

Ultraleap won’t even let me into VR. I had to uninstall it to get DCS to run in VR mode. 

Same thing, after installing the ultraleap software from leap site, when I start DCS in my Crystal it won't goto VR , even if I try to force it.   

I had to uninstall ultraleap.

So not working all  ???   I just bought this hand tracking for DCS - bad timing since 2.9 breaks it ?

17 hours ago, USA_Recon said:

Same thing, after installing the ultraleap software from leap site, when I start DCS in my Crystal it won't goto VR , even if I try to force it.   

I had to uninstall ultraleap.

So not working all  ???   I just bought this hand tracking for DCS - bad timing since 2.9 breaks it ?

Disregard

Edited by Hammer3246
Incorrect info.

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2

I can confirm that just having Ultra Leap tracking software installed prevents DCS from working in OpenXR. I actually don't want to use hand tracking in DCS, but i need Ultra Leap installed.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Hi,

Same here. With Ultraleap activated (with AMD 7700X), impossible to launch DCS in VR with my Crystal ....

AMD 7700X/ RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio/ 32GB DDR5 6000

Virpil Joystick CM3 base + Alpha prime grip +Throttle CM3 + TRP Thrustmaster & Pimax Crystal

On 12/1/2023 at 6:51 AM, Max57 said:

Hi,

Same here. With Ultraleap activated (with AMD 7700X), impossible to launch DCS in VR with my Crystal ....

Hi,

I’ve had the same issue. I was able to solve it following an older post which recommends replacing the leap.dll in the DCS bin and bin-mt with the dll from LeapMotion folder. 
however, now I have a different problem. Namely, when I have Ultraleap software installed, quadviews stops working. I am able to start up DCS, but visuals are degraded and in Quadviews log it states that Pimax eye tracking isn’t working as Quadviews has not received eye tracking information from the headset. As soon as Ultraleap software is uninstalled, quadviews runs perfectly again

i have already contacted Ultraleap and they were not able to help. I had to uninstall the software. I’d like it back though

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

• ED Team

Im using openXR with the ReverbG2 Ultraleap with the latest drivers and all seems to be working normally here.  

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

Im using openXR with the ReverbG2 Ultraleap with the latest drivers and all seems to be working normally here.  

Hello,
You always ask for constructive criticism, and that's right.
But saying that everything works smoothly for you doesn't help those who have problems 😉

• ED Team
21 minutes ago, A.F. said:

Hello,
You always ask for constructive criticism, and that's right.
But saying that everything works smoothly for you doesn't help those who have problems 😉

If I can not reproduce an issue I can not report it, I will need more information to try and reproduce if there is a problem

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2