Just a quick question for Ripple Maverick fire

Eisprinzessin
Go to solution Solved by Volator,

I decided to go a bit deeper into the Viper an can not find an answer:

I saw that the Ripple Fire Mode for the Mavs was bugged if more than 1 Mav on each wing is mounted.

Is this issue meanwhile fixed? Can i ripple 4 or 5 Mavs like shown in the Vid of Trigger (he still speegs of the 2+ bug)?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

i think we do not loose much here: setting up more than two mavs in a single approach seems more like circus-trick to me. you'd probably risk flying right into enemy AAA fire for being heads down too long before having set it all up...

Am 23.10.2023 um 10:41 schrieb Volator:

Maverick ripple fire mode only works with the LAU-117 rails, and those can only load one Mav per wing. The double or tripple racks are LAU-88s that do not support ripple fire mode.

Our Viper has exactly lau-88A/A

Ripple fire is when you lock up one maverick, switch to the other, lock that up too and then fire both at once right?
I'm curious as to why you would not just fire the first one immediately when acquiring the lock. In my experience mavs are always in range when you get the lock.

Am I missing something?

I know this is slightly off-topic but the issue seems to be resolved.

49 minutes ago, Tenkom said:

Ripple fire is when you lock up one maverick, switch to the other, lock that up too and then fire both at once right?
I'm curious as to why you would not just fire the first one immediately when acquiring the lock. In my experience mavs are always in range when you get the lock.

Am I missing something?

I know this is slightly off-topic but the issue seems to be resolved.

Ripple is when you set RP to 2 on the sms page, lock a target with the first maverick, step to the other maverick station, lock another target and then press wpn release. Both stations will fire on their target.

works only with lau-117 single racks

7 hours ago, Tenkom said:

[...] I'm curious as to why you would not just fire the first one immediately when acquiring the lock. In my experience mavs are always in range when you get the lock.

Am I missing something? [...]

I can think of two reasons. Firstly mavericks can be intercepted. It's safe to assume that they are more difficult to intercept while they're fast, therefore the longest shot might not always be the best bet. Secondly you'll want to keep the element of surprise: Vehicle crews might take defensive actions when they see a maverick hit near them... not so much when we're talking about AI vehicles in DCS of course...

32 minutes ago, twistking said:

I can think of two reasons. Firstly mavericks can be intercepted. It's safe to assume that they are more difficult to intercept while they're fast, therefore the longest shot might not always be the best bet. Secondly you'll want to keep the element of surprise: Vehicle crews might take defensive actions when they see a maverick hit near them... not so much when we're talking about AI vehicles in DCS of course...

Good points. Convoys will sometimes drive of the road when off them are hit. Doubt it would save them from a maverick though. But they can definitely be shot down yes.