Final release date prediction

_BringTheReign_

11 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Imagine typing multiple paragraphs agonizing over when you are going to be able to play with your new toy?

It does make for fun reading though. 

Glad you had fun.  A bit condescending, but oh well this is the internet.

I can still remember buying games and they just came as is.  No EA, no updates, or any nonsense like that.  You paid for and recieved a finished game.  The game usually came on a disk and you stuck it in the computer or console and played it.  Having bought into games like Star Citizen and DCS, I very much understand long development times and that EA is now the name of the game, but that doesn't mean I can't point out inconsistencies irrespective of whether I'm talking about a game or something like car repairs.  At the end of the day, both are a product/service that can be paid for which makes how long it takes the business of the customer.

I haven't preordered the F-4 so I guess I have no skin in this currently, but there are a lot of things that make me question just what is going on and sometimes having a timeline is helpful to see the bigger picture.

• Like 4

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

6 hours ago, Victory205 said:

No one old enough to play DCS, especially anyone who fancies themselves an adult, should be falling apart over a video game release date. Joking and humor are natural and add to the fun, but drama and victimhood over such banter is not normal.

I would add that it's astonishing to see people here who enjoy history participate in the complaining. From avatars and comments, it's obvious that many of you idolize Robin Olds, who overcame enormous obstacles during his career, and constantly demonstrated courage and strong leadership, yet his admirers get pulled into being upset over extremely trivial matters. You would think that studying the lives of such men (look up James Stockdale) would promote resilience and some level of stoicism.

Pre-Orders offer a significant discount in return for the uncertainty and inevitable difficulties in software development and release date projections. It’s a welcome opportunity, all things considered.

Victory, just curious.  Did you ever fly the F-4?

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

1 hour ago, javelina1 said:

He has time in the F-14. His forum name should give you a hint at his Sqn.

• Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

1 hour ago, G.J.S said:

He has time in the F-14. His forum name should give you a hint at his Sqn.

Indeed I knew he flew the Turkey.  I was just curious if he ever flew the F-4.

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hello, everyone here is talking about the pilot legend Robin Old, but I want to introduce you to an Iranian pilot who, unfortunately, many people do not know him, Colonel Mahmoud Eskandari, I want to tell you some of his feats in The Iran- Iraq war  Sep 1980 , the Iraqi army built a bridge over the Arvand river so that it could be crossed and captured the city of Khorramshahr and the city of Abadan and its huge oil refinery. The problem of recapturing these cities for the Iranians was this bridge that no commando and no pilot could blow it up, but the pilot colonel Eskandari was able to The explosion of that bridge caused the city of Khorramshahr to be freed and 19,000 Iraqi prisoners were captured by Iran. In another incident, Colonel Eskandari and 7 other Phantoms crossed the common border of Turkey and Iraq with three aerial refuelings below 500 feet by 747

747 planes had secretly exited the international route at a very low altitude
 This clever plan made the Iraqis mistake the  Iranian phantoms with  Turkish planes
And at the same time, for distraction, two F-5 attacked the Iraqi Kirkuk refinery so that the Iraqi radars would notice them and the Phantoms reached the H3 bases and destroyed dozens of planes.

This is the longest and largest air attack by Phantoms in the world.

In another mission, the Phantom was damaged in this operation and landed in Syria without any missiles or weapons, right in the middle of Iraq fly and come from Syria to Iran, and no MiG 23 and MiG 21 could defeat them.
 I hope my good friends here will search the internet about the attack on Air Base H3, unfortunately there are many pilots in the world who are great legends, but the advertisement is only for Robin Old  as if the only legend and phantom pilot is Robin Old.

While thanking ED     and   Heatblur , I hope this delay in the F-4 project will end as soon as possible, and also the map of the Persian Gulf will be more complete and larger, and the complete map of Iraq and Vietnam will be prepared sooner. I think we will have the most beautiful and exciting campaigns

20220525_100740_800x531.webp

53664005-6635-b__3340.jpg

اسکندری+2.jpg

Edited by shahin_sky
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Yup, Iran-Iraq War is underappreciated in the West, as far air conflicts go. There was some serious air fighting going on there, and a lot of cool stories that don't get told often in English. It got real ugly on the ground, but then, so did Vietnam.

I could name many Phantom legends other than Robin Olds. Hoot Gibson, for instance, or Dick Jonas and Charlie Huff. General William Kirk, too. Admittedly, all from the Wolfpack, though this might be because they tended to hog all the frags that had any chance of running into MiGs. 🙂 That said, non-US Phantom drivers are indeed much less well known.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shahin_sky said:

Hello, everyone here is talking about the pilot legend Robin Old, but I want to introduce you to an Iranian pilot who, unfortunately, many people do not know him, Colonel Mahmoud Eskandari, I want to tell you some of his feats in The Iran- Iraq war  Sep 1980 , the Iraqi army built a bridge over the Arvand river so that it could be crossed and captured the city of Khorramshahr and the city of Abadan and its huge oil refinery. The problem of recapturing these cities for the Iranians was this bridge that no commando and no pilot could blow it up, but the pilot colonel Eskandari was able to The explosion of that bridge caused the city of Khorramshahr to be freed and 19,000 Iraqi prisoners were captured by Iran. In another incident, Colonel Eskandari and 7 other Phantoms crossed the common border of Turkey and Iraq with three aerial refuelings below 500 feet by 747

This clever plan made the Iraqis mistake the  Iranian phantoms with  Turkish planes
And at the same time, for distraction, two F-5 attacked the Iraqi Kirkuk refinery so that the Iraqi radars would notice them and the Phantoms reached the H3 bases and destroyed dozens of planes.

In another mission, the Phantom was damaged in this operation and landed in Syria without any missiles or weapons, right in the middle of Iraq fly and come from Syria to Iran, and no MiG 23 and MiG 21 could defeat them.
 I hope my good friends here will search the internet about the attack on Air Base H3, unfortunately there are many pilots in the world who are great legends, but the advertisement is only for Robin Old  as if the only legend and phantom pilot is Robin Old.

While thanking ED     and   Heatblur , I hope this delay in the F-4 project will end as soon as possible, and also the map of the Persian Gulf will be more complete and larger, and the complete map of Iraq and Vietnam will be prepared sooner. I think we will have the most beautiful and exciting campaigns

اسکندری+2.jpg

This was indeed a remarkable air strike and is described in detail here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-3_airstrike
Especially the air refueling at extreme low level flight is astounding.

Operation_H3_map.png

I'm looking forward to the Phantom and the Iraq map to be able to re-create this strike in DCS.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 6

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

20 hours ago, Ornithopter said:

Well, I guess I could go start learning the Strike Eagle...🤢

I have tried that, I bought the F-15E a while ago and really want to learn it but every time I try a tutorial or a training mission I literally find myself falling asleep with all the nested menus and submenus and subpages etc. etc. Maybe one day after I've retired from work 🙂 

• Like 1

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

23 hours ago, freehand said:

What happened to Basco1 post  ?

I removed both of my posts as somebody was wetting the bed over the content within them....they did not approve of my opinions. 

They were obviously quite upset and getting very personal....and as I have no intention of causing any stress to those on this forum I thought it prudent to remove them.

Edited by Basco1
  • Like 6

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

On 3/12/2024 at 8:39 AM, shahin_sky said:

اسکندری+2.jpg

Another bulletproof moustache right there. 

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

On 3/11/2024 at 5:52 PM, javelina1 said:

Sadly, I had no F4 time. 

Between the Reserves and Fleet, there were maybe six Navy Phantom squadrons left when I got to Oceana. VF74 and 103 finally transitioned to the F14 during my first deployment. Throughout my career, there were lots of former F4 drivers around, almost all of the Fleet CO/XOs had flown them in combat in SEA. Lot's of wisdom, lots of sea stories that had you on the edge of your seat. My primary instructor in Advanced Strike in the TA4J had flown F4's in combat as well, and was also a former test pilot. Very serious and demanding, but fair. He helped my career a lot, probably got me into fighters, but I don't know for sure. The A4 and F4 had similar instruments, which you will find very user friendly compared to the VDI in the Tomcat.

My reserve squadron had transitioned from F4's to F14's six months or so before I showed up. Also, VFMA-112 was sitting across the ramp which gave us plenty of engagements and cooperative flying as well using the F4S. The biggest issue we had with the F4 guys initially was getting them to recalibrate the speeds for maneuvers. The Phantom needed about a hundred to a hundred and fifty knots more for similar maneuvers. First time we went to the ship for a mini workout, our CO was "holding" waiting for our Charlie Time overhead the ship at around 350 knots, lapping all of the Tomcat guys sauntering at the normal ~230KIAS Max Conserve. After having to dodge him a couple of times, somebody finally came up on squadron tac and said, "Hey Skipper, slow down, this isn’t an ACM engagement!"

The most memorable F4 pilot I had the pleasure of meeting was CDR Ralph Gaither, who spent seven and a half years in Hoa Lo Prison in Hanoi after being shot down as a 23 year old Ensign in VF84. In 1965, he was flying Phantoms off of USS Independence, shot down, and wasn’t released until 1973, right before turning age 31. When I met CDR Gaither he was CO of DWEST Survival School in Pensacola. At the time, was a 23 year old Ensign as well, who suddenly realized that all of my problems seemed awfully small. When he walked into a room, everyone snapped to, and you could hear a pin drop. He also was the humblest, happiest guy I ever met in the USN. I don't think that he ever had a bad day. Right before I got to VF84, the squadron had sent him a plaque, because he had never received the traditional farewell swag after he was shot down. He passed away in 2019.

http://veterantributes.org/TributeDetail.php?recordID=71

Hopefully this provides a little motivation and perspective. You're going to love the Phantom when it drops. 

Edited by Victory205
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Viewpoints are my own.

• ED Team

Everyone at ED and HB is doing everything they can to make sure it's ready for all of you, which can take more time than planned. When we have a more solid idea of when it will come we will share for sure. I do not think it will be long now, although I know the wait is painful. We appreciate everyone's patience no matter how thin it's stretched right now. Thanks. 

• Like 12

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

8 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Everyone at ED and HB is doing everything they can to make sure it's ready for all of you, which can take more time than planned. When we have a more solid idea of when it will come we will share for sure. I do not think it will be long now, although I know the wait is painful. We appreciate everyone's patience no matter how thin it's stretched right now. Thanks. 

Thank you for the update! It is greatly appreciated.  I can't wait to get my hands on this fine product. The F-14 has been doing a fine job holding me over, but the F-4E is just so damn sexy. 

• Like 1

• ED Team
35 minutes ago, ContinuedMayhem2020 said:

Thank you for the update! It is greatly appreciated.  I can't wait to get my hands on this fine product. The F-14 has been doing a fine job holding me over, but the F-4E is just so damn sexy. 

I know its hard, but I think as with all of HB's offerings, it will be worth the wait. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

16 minutes ago, NineLine said:

I know its hard, but I think as with all of HB's offerings, it will be worth the wait. 

Good to see you guys keeping our morale up...indeed, this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Victory205 said:

Sadly, I had no F4 time. 

Between the Reserves and Fleet, there were maybe six Navy Phantom squadrons left when I got to Oceana. VF74 and 103 finally transitioned to the F14 during my first deployment. Throughout my career, there were lots of former F4 drivers around, almost all of the Fleet CO/XOs had flown them in combat in SEA. Lot's of wisdom, lots of sea stories that had you on the edge of your seat. My primary instructor in Advanced Strike in the TA4J had flown F4's in combat as well, and was also a former test pilot. Very serious and demanding, but fair. He helped my career a lot, probably got me into fighters, but I don't know for sure. The A4 and F4 had similar instruments, which you will find very user friendly compared to the VDI in the Tomcat.

My reserve squadron had transitioned from F4's to F14's six months or so before I showed up. Also, VFMA-112 was sitting across the ramp which gave us plenty of engagements and cooperative flying as well using the F4S. The biggest issue we had with the F4 guys initially was getting them to recalibrate the speeds for maneuvers. The Phantom needed about a hundred to a hundred and fifty knots more for similar maneuvers. First time we went to the ship for a mini workout, our CO was "holding" waiting for our Charlie Time overhead the ship at around 350 knots, lapping all of the Tomcat guys sauntering at the normal ~230KIAS Max Conserve. After having to dodge him a couple of times, somebody finally came up on squadron tac and said, "Hey Skipper, slow down, this isn’t an ACM engagement!"

The most memorable F4 pilot I had the pleasure of meeting was CDR Ralph Gaither, who spent seven and a half years in Hoa Lo Prison in Hanoi after being shot down as a 23 year old Ensign in VF84. In 1965, he was flying Phantoms off of USS Independence, shot down, and wasn’t released until 1973, right before turning age 31. When I met CDR Gaither he was CO of DWEST Survival School in Pensacola. At the time, was a 23 year old Ensign as well, who suddenly realized that all of my problems seemed awfully small. When he walked into a room, everyone snapped to, and you could hear a pin drop. He also was the humblest, happiest guy I ever met in the USN. I don't think that he ever had a bad day. Right before I got to VF84, the squadron had sent him a plaque, because he had never received the traditional farewell swag after he was shot down. He passed away in 2019.

http://veterantributes.org/TributeDetail.php?recordID=71

Hopefully this provides a little motivation and perspective. You're going to love the Phantom when it drops. 

thank you for sharing Victory. What an incredible man CDR Gaither was to survive that.  Thank you for your service.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

Pre-order started on Noverber 1st 2023 and usually this means the relase is imminent (If I rememeber correctly HB was still planning to release the module within the end of the year at that times).

Would be intersting (and nice) to know from HB what has actually caused this almost 5 months delay... Has anyone nuked the git server with the sources by any chance?

😅

Edited by LordOrion
  • Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

On 10/29/2023 at 8:36 PM, Schmidtfire said:

DCS: F-14
Trailer Pre-Order for F-14 - 7th October 2018
Release: 15th March 2019
Announced as "Coming this winter!"

I like to stay optimistic, but when Heatblur writes winter 2023/2024
my guess it is not coming for Christmas 🙂

……….well, I’m getting ready for a download this evening…..