Going back to 2.8

42 minutes ago, Branimir76 said:

Is there a method to revert back to latest 2.8?

The dcs_updater.exe utility can revert your DCS install. Instructions here:

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 methods:

Use the DCS Updater Utility that Rudel-chw mentioned here above (you can do a lot more with it the just update or revert, highly recommended DCS tool).

or

manually:
Syntax: DCS_updater.exe [command] [version]@[branch]
Which gives: Your Drive:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin>DCS_updater.exe update 2.8.8.43704@openbeta

You can find the version numbers here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

9 hours ago, Branimir76 said:

2.9 is still unflyable for me and my team.

Out of curiosity (I won‘t argue your decision). What aspect makes it unflyable for your team? The new gfx and features are mostly optional after all.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Am 29.10.2023 um 08:51 schrieb Hiob:

Out of curiosity (I won‘t argue your decision). What aspect makes it unflyable for your team? The new gfx and features are mostly optional after all.

See the stuttering-discussion, you have followed too:

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

"Downdated" to the last 2.8-version and all is almost perfect again 😄👍! No stuttering furthermore!

Thanks for the good instruction!!!

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

• 1 month later...

I am also having stuttering and fps issues with the latest DCS 2.9 version.  Is there a way to use the single thread version in 2.9 or do I have to roll back to 2.8?

I was unable to locate a ST.exe.  Is the DCS.exe in 2.9 Single Thread?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 128 GB

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Driver 546.33

Edited by Chops

2 hours ago, Chops said:

I am also having stuttering and fps issues with the latest DCS 2.9 version.  Is there a way to use the single thread version in 2.9 or do I have to roll back to 2.8?

I was unable to locate a ST.exe.  Is the DCS.exe in 2.9 Single Thread?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 128 GB

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Driver 546.33

hello it is best and requested that you start a new topic and put all your info and symptoms. eventually ST is going away and they are trying to narrow down the solutions and fix with MT.

but to answer your question. there are two DCS.EXE in the folder C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\. folder BIN is ST and BIN-MT is MT.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 hour ago, silverdevil said:

hello it is best and requested that you start a new topic and put all your info and symptoms. eventually ST is going away and they are trying to narrow down the solutions and fix with MT.

but to answer your question. there are two DCS.EXE in the folder C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\. folder BIN is ST and BIN-MT is MT.

Just to add here: to start ST do not use DCS created shortcut. Create your own or start ST manually. Took me a while to figure this one out.

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Pavlin_33 said:

Just to add here: to start ST do not use DCS created shortcut. Create your own or start ST manually. Took me a while to figure this one out.

aye! one of the past patches changed the shortcuts. i made my shortcuts before patch and they still work. find the exe, right click, create shortcut. it will go to desktop. then just rename it if you want. you can also change the icons to something else.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 10/29/2023 at 9:42 AM, Branimir76 said:

2.9 is still unflyable for me and my team.

If you want to manually roll back you can do the following:

1.  Visit the ED Changelog website to get a reference for the version number you want. Stable and Open beta below:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/
    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/

2. Open up a command line prompt, and navigate to your DCS install's BIN directory.

3. type in DCS_Updater.exe update  <version>@<releasetype>
    version is the version number you wish to roll back to. Release type is either @openbeta or @release (for open beta or stable respectively).
    Make sure that the version number and release type matches!

ie:

DCS_updater.exe update 2.8.7.42718@release

or
    DCS_updater.exe update 2.8.8.43704@openbeta

Or as mentioned above, you can use Skatezilla's DCS Updater to do it through a GUI.

• Like 1