Stutter Fest and Freezing

Checkmate

29 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Try this: open it in a text editor, move its two first lines (WinWing scripting) to the bottom of the file, then save.

Move these two lines to the end?

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')

Edited by Checkmate

On 11/9/2023 at 9:21 AM, Pavlin_33 said:

Because not everybody has the same hardware. There are people here on the forum that are basically running "super computers", when it comes to specifications, which are also affected by this bug. For me personally there is no performance difference between 2.8 and 2.9 - I get the same FPS, just that 2.9 freezes and 2.8 does not.

Hi

Same here. Lots of stuttering and freezings, mostly when looking around, or changing from looking inside the cockpit to looking out side (from pilot perspective). Happend after 2.9. And ys I can go for non open beta version, but what is the point of testing if we can explain/complain about the found testing issues...

It is not a rant, it is a normal report, and as many peolple has same issue, there might be some re thinking process.

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Checkmate said:

Move these two lines to the end?

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')

Just tried moving those two lines and then flew the Instant Action mission on the Sinai map Free Flight and it's still stuttering. Thanks for trying.

I've watched someone¡s vid in YT talking about this issue with some high end hardware PC's. It seems there's a conflict between the BIOS multi-threading use and the DCS one. So it seems the solution he had found is going to the BIOS and dissabling the HYPER THREADING TECH (This option name depends of the motherboard you're using: He's owning a GIGABYTE one). I hope it would be useful.  

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

8 hours ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

At this point is better just wait for a patch, not try to change a ridiculous amount of different things and combinations in your PC that doesnt ensure that anything will be better at the end. And most important, you shouldn´t be forced to change anything of your software because a bug in a game.

I could not agree more. There is a sea of comments recommending anything from re-installing OS to sacrificing virgins.

• Like 3

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

Stuttering for me is very random. A free flight in the p-47 on caucuses, microstutters like crazy, more so looking left and right when turning. But a Retribution mission on Sinai in the f-16 ( last night), aside from taxiing at the airbase with lots of objects and jets around, silky smooth the entire flight. ( 2d in SP with trackIR). I’ve never found a combination of actual settings that gets rid of it. This leads me to believe that it stems internally with how dcs processes all of the data in and out. My cpu and gpu aren’t even trying that hard on max settings yet still lots of random micro stutters and what seems like a skipped frame or two here and there. I can only think that the way DCS computes things is inefficient. But I'm no software engineer so what do I know
Same thing I'm noticing. I have tweaked as many settings as I can. I lowered my bitrate for my quest pro headset too, tweaked windows os, turned off HAGS, unparked cores, parked cores, disabled hyperthreading, disabled efficiency cores,etc.

The stutter and drops are very random and some days are very bad whereas randomly one day I'll do an instant action mission and everything seems fine. More often than not there are more stutters overall than not at all.

Hoepfing for a fix or patch in the future so I don't have to roll back to 2.8.

I've even reinstalled DCS on a different SSD thinking maybe the drive was going bad.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

25 minutes ago, sze5003 said:

Same thing I'm noticing. I have tweaked as many settings as I can. I lowered my bitrate for my quest pro headset too, tweaked windows os, turned off HAGS, unparked cores, parked cores, disabled hyperthreading, disabled efficiency cores,etc.

The stutter and drops are very random and some days are very bad whereas randomly one day I'll do an instant action mission and everything seems fine. More often than not there are more stutters overall than not at all.

I've even reinstalled DCS on a different SSD thinking maybe the drive was going bad.

I’ve see many posts on VR having the most issues with it. I don’t play in VR much but I did notice the stuttering had gotten worse for me too with no settings changed between 2.8 and 2.9. Now I did manage to pretty much get rid of all the very small micro-stutters in 2D by enabling G-sync in nvidia and v-sync in game ( which I normally have on anyway). My monitor isn’t a true g-sync monitor but “compatible” and turning it on, for me, every flight is smooth as can be now, so it seems. Some people have issues running both, but my system seems to like it.

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

9 hours ago, sze5003 said:

Exactly the same here. Seems to have a bug on objects and textures loading. 
waiting for a patch 👌too

I7 12700k RTX3080ti ddr4 80g Quest2 Winwing environnement !

14 hours ago, Nimbur said:

t doesn't matter what hardware you currently have installed, a friend of mine has 4090 and a powerful cpu and the same problems. it's currently due to the patch.

My buddy with a Monster pc with a 4080 gets stutters as well along with me since the Latest update but before the update it was silky smooth but yeah its our PCs that are the issue...

I found this video from Jabber who does an excellent job in breaking down what may be the cause of the stuttering in DCS after the 2.9 patch came out. If anybody has not seen his video regarding Case III landings it is a must see. I am posting his link here regarding the issue he discusses regarding Vram Overflow and Multi Threading. Hope it adds some insight regarding what may be causing some of the stutters and freezes.

Edited by Checkmate

On 11/16/2023 at 5:31 PM, Checkmate said:

The patch did not fix any of the stuttering. This is why I was afraid to pre-order F4-E Phantom II.  DCS is not flyable with all this stuttering. Why did ED not make this a priorty to fix???

Actually the legit same reason for me as well... I've already spent $900 on modules and cant even play the game lol

• Like 1

I don't do VR, so can't comment on that. My computer is more than 10 years old, except for a second hand 2080Ti I got a couple of weeks back, due to 2.9 crashing my old Titan while compiling shaders. It's still not the fastests of course, but I get Steady 30+ over the Marianas with max graphics settings and no stutters at all on 2560x1600. So, something's up with newer CPUs it seems.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

On 11/16/2023 at 5:31 PM, Checkmate said:

The patch did not fix any of the stuttering. This is why I was afraid to pre-order F4-E Phantom II.  DCS is not flyable with all this stuttering. Why did ED not make this a priorty to fix???

Sorry, but WHY are you assuming they DIDN'T make this a priority to fix?  They aren't going to just turn everything back, so they need figure out why it's doing that (and I'll note, only for some people, not everyone) AND figure out how to fix it.  That's probably not something that happens in a couple of hours unless they were crazy luck.  Much more likely to be weeks/months to figure out.  And it's likely only a small part of team that are able to and are working on parts of the code that is causing this.  Do you want the rest of the team to just stop work and stay home, or should they carry on in parallel while the stuttering is worked on (hence another patch without a fix for you)?    It sucks that's it's not flyable for you, but to assume they are ignoring the issue is insulting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Same problem with me, it's very fluid and the image freezes from time to time, it's like we had a lack of memory or a sort of loading like on old hard drives. My config 7800x3d, 3080, 32gb, vsync 60hertz in 2560x1440.

5800X - 3080 - 32GODDR4 - Reverb G2 - Virpil Mongoost T50C with constellation alpha - Сollective pitch control lever by K51 - Thrustmaster pendular - Honneycomb Bravo

Sacrificing virgins?

What forum thread is that?🤣

Do they have a youtube channel?😂

Lets not hurt them. 😆

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

On 11/11/2023 at 10:36 AM, OLD CROW said:

I've watched someone¡s vid in YT talking about this issue with some high end hardware PC's. It seems there's a conflict between the BIOS multi-threading use and the DCS one. So it seems the solution he had found is going to the BIOS and dissabling the HYPER THREADING TECH (This option name depends of the motherboard you're using: He's owning a GIGABYTE one). I hope it would be useful.  

Thanks for the help, but this never worked for me. It's unreal how many things I have tried, I've gone back to 2.8 for now.

On 11/18/2023 at 8:27 PM, Flappie said:

Is it playable in ST?

Not for me, it is not as bad though, but still unplayable. Cheers.

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB