"Slight" improvements to Attitude Hold behaviour is an understatement.

mason.zh

Seems much better. Hovering with att and alt hold feels much more stable and I can even yaw the aircraft while hovering. Before I felt like the aircraft was fighting me with or without hold modes enabled. Tonight I was able trim to a hands free hover without hold modes. Never been able to do that before.

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

• ED Team

Good to hear you are seeing improvements, yes it is much better now. 

Thank you for the feedback 

• Like 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hmm nice, I suppose I should start and give ATT hold a try 😅

(I never bothered until now and just manually kept it stable)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Still have som odd behaviour now and then. But it's not consistent. So hard to pin down if it's me or the HOLD mode acting up.

Normally I just get my self stable, trim everything out and engage HOLD. 8 out of 10 times it works as I would expect.

But have had a few "incidents" where my ATT HOLD mode starts inducing large over-corrections that would just increase in movement.

Before anyone tell me I need to TRIM out. I'm already trimmed out ot the point my movement so small I'm within the crosshairs of hover symbology and airspeed is 0 knot. I can almost take my hands off my stick.

But as I mentioned, need to test some more, to confirm it's not me doing something stupid 😂

I also have som slight oscillation on the yaw when flying straight, I can see the yaw SCAS moving left-right. If I hold the TRIM button the oscillation stops, release the button and the oscillation start again.

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, TZeer said:

Still have som odd behaviour now and then. But it's not consistent. So hard to pin down if it's me or the HOLD mode acting up.

Normally I just get my self stable, trim everything out and engage HOLD. 8 out of 10 times it works as I would expect.

But have had a few "incidents" where my ATT HOLD mode starts inducing large over-corrections that would just increase in movement.

Before anyone tell me I need to TRIM out. I'm already trimmed out ot the point my movement so small I'm within the crosshairs of hover symbology and airspeed is 0 knot. I can almost take my hands off my stick.

But as I mentioned, need to test some more, to confirm it's not me doing something stupid 😂

I also have som slight oscillation on the yaw when flying straight, I can see the yaw SCAS moving left-right. If I hold the TRIM button the oscillation stops, release the button and the oscillation start again.

Please make a short track replay example for us to check

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

14 hours ago, TZeer said:

I can see the yaw SCAS moving left-right. If I hold the TRIM button the oscillation stops

I can't comment on other stuff that you've mentioned without a track replay. However "hold the TRIM button the oscillation (yaw SAS I guess?) stops" is the correct behavior, since holding the force trim release button will make the aircraft back into CAS mode only, which means no SAS. Also, holding the force trim release button will command the SAS servo back to the current control input's center position. 

BradMicks had a great video explaining this:

Edited by mason.zh

1 hour ago, mason.zh said:

I can't comment on other stuff that you've mentioned without a track replay. However "hold the TRIM button the oscillation (yaw SAS I guess?) stops" is the correct behavior, since holding the force trim release button will make the aircraft back into CAS mode only, which means no SAS. Also, holding the force trim release button will command the SAS servo back to the current control input's center position. 

BradMicks had a great video explaining this:

I know 🙂 
My issue was more with the oscillation of the SCAS Yaw while NOT holding the button and flying straight. Making the heliocopter oscillating left/right.

Should not the heliocpter be able to keep me flying forward WITHOUT inducing oscillation, when I'm able to do it with TRIM pushed down?

But again, I don't know what triggers it, so hard for me to replicate it.

Also if I activate ATT hold while flying forward oscillation stops. So with ATT hold in forward flight the oscillation stops, pressing and holding the trim reset button the oscillation stops. But just flying without any hold modes engaged, trimmed out and no trim reset active it oscillates.

But I will post a seperate post with track when I have found out how to replicate it. Also need to find out if it even a bug, or just some funky flying on my side.

10 hours ago, TZeer said:

I know 🙂 
My issue was more with the oscillation of the SCAS Yaw while NOT holding the button and flying straight. Making the heliocopter oscillating left/right.

Should not the heliocpter be able to keep me flying forward WITHOUT inducing oscillation, when I'm able to do it with TRIM pushed down?

But again, I don't know what triggers it, so hard for me to replicate it.

Also if I activate ATT hold while flying forward oscillation stops. So with ATT hold in forward flight the oscillation stops, pressing and holding the trim reset button the oscillation stops. But just flying without any hold modes engaged, trimmed out and no trim reset active it oscillates.

But I will post a seperate post with track when I have found out how to replicate it. Also need to find out if it even a bug, or just some funky flying on my side.

Sometimes if you haven't re-centred the SAS sleeves (by holding down the FTR) you can have the yaw channel (or another, but easier with yaw) sitting right on the edge of the breakout value, so a tiny pedal movement puts you into the heading hold range, and a tiny movement takes you out. It seems to me like the aircraft can oscillate in and out of those modes. I'll try to make a video of what I mean, but if you fly in trim correctly you wont see the behaviour too often, and it's quite hard to deliberately replicate. 

2 hours ago, Scaley said:

Sometimes if you haven't re-centred the SAS sleeves (by holding down the FTR) you can have the yaw channel (or another, but easier with yaw) sitting right on the edge of the breakout value, so a tiny pedal movement puts you into the heading hold range, and a tiny movement takes you out. It seems to me like the aircraft can oscillate in and out of those modes. I'll try to make a video of what I mean, but if you fly in trim correctly you wont see the behaviour too often, and it's quite hard to deliberately replicate. 

I'm using Virpil pedals that I have modified with a damper mod and no springs. So I don't need to recenter between trim. I have also the joystick overlay open in my left corner to check where my trim is relative to my actual posision.

Also, holding the trim reset to stop the oscillation, should have given it enough time to re-center the sleeves if I had'nt done it properly the first time. But as soon as I release my trim reset button, the oscillation starts again. Quite irritating, as my FPV is dancing around in the HUD.

I had it happen to me again now in a mission. But much less on my way out from the target area than on my way in 🤷‍♂️

I can confirm that Hover with Att hold and Alt Hold is much mor stable now. Seems to me, that Helo also gets faster in a stable hover position than in previous version.

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 4:53 PM, corbu1 said:

I can confirm that Hover with Att hold and Alt Hold is much mor stable now. Seems to me, that Helo also gets faster in a stable hover position than in previous version.

The entire Flight Model is greatly improved.  

• Like 1