MI-24p Manual?

Cheese16
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I know this has been asked a billion and a half times so I apologize, but the Hind was released almost 3 years ago. Everything else has launched with a manual including the Apache. Hell, the UH-60 mod has better documentation. We now we have official campaigns, one of which is paid. It seems crazy to me to release a paid campaign for a module with no official manual. 

Are we ever going to get a manual for the Hind? This is the only module with no manual at all. And because I know someone will say it, I know chucks guide exists, that doesn't resolve the issue. I can't put that in my knee board. 

Just curious what the hold up is.

Edit: It's not even on the roadmap...

Edited by Cheese16
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't own either of these modules so I don't know what can be found in their respective "Doc" folders, but I can see 430+ "Early Access Guides" for both airplanes on ED website, so I guess these are the docs Cheese is talking about. 

Taking a brief look at their structure and content, these "Guides" are not really different from other module "Manuals" I own it seems. If you're only nitpicking about the title, that's a silly thing to do to be honest.

EDIT: Quickstart guide for the -24 is much shorter in comparison, but it seems to have very basic info needed to get you going. They should translate at least that one to English, even if it's not "finished".

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

What is one of the mottos here in DCS: be patient. And here we have to be very patient. By the way: We are still waiting for an English manual for the JF-17.

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

2 hours ago, randomTOTEN said:

Why? I already have an English version in my doc folder. It's 74 pages long...

If you look on user files, someone translated the 134 page Russian quick start guide into English. Has a lot of extra good info. 

There is also a Cold War air museum manual for Mi-24D/V/F, it is about 100 pages. Covers a lot of good stuff. Can’t seem to find it as easily by google search anymore, but I would think it is okay to share since it was given to civilian operators after FOIA request 

• Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yes, in real life their manuals are also very similar…… description of how to perform maneuvers are basically identical. You have same radios. Functionally same doppler. Multiple same gauges such as RMI-2/VSI/altimeter engine/oil gauges. The Ri-65 alarm system is very similar except we get extra rotor rpm low warning. 

While autopilot is similar, you have much more aggressive pitch channel, with roll and pitch channels being adjust with trim button. Altitude hold is the same. Yaw is more similarly in reality but very different in DCS due to how they were simulated 

If you keep Mi-8 in GPK and Mi-24 in MAG their directional gyro systems basically work the same except that Petro automatically corrects for magnetic deviation. 

But if anyone has any questions just ask here. If I don’t know there will probably be someone else here who does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 11:00 AM, randomTOTEN said:

Look again,

No, they don't.

Normally, I don't revive threads from a former year, but seeing how this response isn't even a month old - you are in the wrong. Look again:

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, zerO_crash said:

you are in the wrong. Look again:

You completely failed to miss the point that I made, and already explained up the page of this thread. So you are in truth, wrong.

But nice try, and you even went to the effort of loading hand edited images too...

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 6:29 AM, randomTOTEN said:

You completely failed to miss the point that I made, and already explained up the page of this thread. So you are in truth, wrong.

But nice try, and you even went to the effort of loading hand edited images too...

"You completely FAILED to MISS the point that I made,...". Indeed I failed to miss the point, thus, I got it right. Going through the responses, you make no point at all, other than claiming that the manuals for F-16 and F-18 aren't 400+ pages long. Point being, even if they are too short and lacking material, which they are, it still compares favourably to the Mi-24P official manual which doesn't even contain the whole startup-procedure. JF-17 English manual is no better, seeing how JF-17 has been out a fair bit longer.

It seems that you confused yourself, of all people, around here. Guess it happens. Point in case, the Mi-24 should by now have at least a decent manual explaining even the most rudimentary systems. There are many who don't have access, or even the will, to search for real world ones.

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
  • Solution

Folks I am sorry but you will need to be patient. Manuals are a lot of work for the teams, the Mi-24p manual is in progress, and we also have to consider translated versions. 

We will let you all know when we have updated the current one. 

thank you 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Ive spoken with the team, 

We have material for Russian version of the full manual sorted, and the English translation was finished and is currently being proof read. 

As soon as the team are happy they will add it to public builds. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, randomTOTEN said:

What edited pages? Remember the forum rules.

Captura de pantalla 2024-01-18 101758.jpg

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

folks please dont derail the thread, keep it Mi-24p related here. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Ive spoken with the team, 

We have material for Russian version of the full manual sorted, and the English translation was finished and is currently being proof read. 

As soon as the team are happy they will add it to public builds. 

thanks

Awesome to hear, looking forward to the release 👍

• Like 1