Trigger zone will activate when group is destroyed prior to entering zone

bennyboy9800

After the recent update, I have noticed a bug where, when a group, or unit is killed prior to being able to enter a trigger zone it is assigned to, it will activate the trigger upon the units death, even if it has never entered the zone.

Attached is track file of Mi-8MT getting hit by manpad, and then causing their infantry dismount trigger to be set off exactly 80 seconds after it crashed. This indicates that it is following the mission triggers I had intended it to follow when entering the zone, but when it died outside of the zone. 

trigger zone glitch.trk

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

10 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks for the heads up, @bennyboy9800. 👍

Bug reproduced and reported.

Yes, I have to confirm this. This just happened to me. The group did not enter, it was destroyed (as it should have been), and yet the trigger was activated. 

Can we count on a faster patch, like a hot fix? This is quite an important issue that spoils basically every campaign or mission (because there are usually such patterns).

Pretty please.

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Can we count on a faster patch, like a hot fix? This is quite an important issue that spoils basically every campaign or mission (because there are usually such patterns).

I reported it as a critical issue. It's in devs hands now.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Next example of this problem, according description it is the same issue:

Pretty please for hot fix ;)! 🙏

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 12/21/2023 at 5:52 AM, bennyboy9800 said:

After the recent update, I have noticed a bug where, when a group, or unit is killed prior to being able to enter a trigger zone it is assigned to, it will activate the trigger upon the units death, even if it has never entered the zone.

Attached is track file of Mi-8MT getting hit by manpad, and then causing their infantry dismount trigger to be set off exactly 80 seconds after it crashed. This indicates that it is following the mission triggers I had intended it to follow when entering the zone, but when it died outside of the zone. 

trigger zone glitch.trk 170.24 kB · 1 download

Patch Today, maybe solution will be included as well:

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

25 minutes ago, Flappie said:

From what I can see, away from my computer, it's not fixed yet. Devs are still working on it.

Pity, thank You for info.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Dec. 28th Update did NOT fix this BUG !     I opened Deep Strike 1 in editor, made a couple minor changes, (unrelated to this Trigger Prob.) closed it out put in Server.  GROUPS of AI start up all on their own, STILL.  And again,, reminder,, all those units Triggered Properly before previous update.    NO JOY here.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ThePutzer said:

Dec. 28th Update did NOT fix this BUG !     I opened Deep Strike 1 in editor, made a couple minor changes, (unrelated to this Trigger Prob.) closed it out put in Server.  GROUPS of AI start up all on their own, STILL.  And again,, reminder,, all those units Triggered Properly before previous update.    NO JOY here.

I hope ED developers could fix this bug soon, otherwise, a lot of the multiplayer missions won't work well, especially when we set triggers for "A or B or C ... in zone", because if any one from A/B/C... is not selected by a client, its status will become "Dead" and therefore triggering the actions at the start of the mission. Just post it here to raise attention! Thanks. 

• Like 3
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

Yes, its a popular and important trigger, most of mission/campaignes uses this too so most are broken by this glitch :(, hotfix is needed still.

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

This issue has pretty much made most campaign missions unplayable, I hope this is on the top of the fix list because as of right now everytime you destroy a group of enemies that has an alternate trigger to say escape, you mission fail!! I can't progress in the Border Prequel campaign as I keep triggering a fail mission when I destroy the required targets! And YoYo, I'd like to start your campaign but I worry I'll be wasting my time until this is fixed? Are the first few missions ok to go on as far as you know?

Edited by Gunnar81
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

And YoYo, I'd like to start your campaign but I worry I'll be wasting my time until this is fixed? Are the first few missions ok to go on as far as you know?

Thx. Hard to tell me. Im sure the bug is present in the 16th mission and maybe 8th, however In most missions, I use the "part in zone" function too, which may cause various effects (e.g. unnecessary messages). Certainly some of them are ok, especially the initial missions.

• Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

@BIGNEWY  I see from an F-16 post you made that next patch is likely end Jan/Feb sometime.  Is there any chance that the trigger bug is getting a hotfix before that (realizing that dev team is currently on well deserved time off so I'm not expecting it immediately)?  Pretty widespread impact from it.  Mostly trying to figure out if our squadron missions are all going to need to be delayed if this isn't going to be fixed until the next big patch and we'll need to find alternatives to fill in until then.  Thanks.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, rob10 said:

@BIGNEWY  I see from an F-16 post you made that next patch is likely end Jan/Feb sometime.  Is there any chance that the trigger bug is getting a hotfix before that (realizing that dev team is currently on well deserved time off so I'm not expecting it immediately)?  Pretty widespread impact from it.  Mostly trying to figure out if our squadron missions are all going to need to be delayed if this isn't going to be fixed until the next big patch and we'll need to find alternatives to fill in until then.  Thanks.

It all depends on them actually identifying the issue, and finding a solution -  It's very difficult to make a time estimation on issues like this in software development.
Ya'll just have to sit back and cross your fingers.

11 minutes ago, Jarlerus said:

It all depends on them actually identifying the issue, and finding a solution -  It's very difficult to make a time estimation on issues like this in software development.
Ya'll just have to sit back and cross your fingers.

We have a diagnosis of when the issue occurred, it was 2 patches back (the main one and the hot fix), so we know when it happened.

Orthodox holidays are coming soon (6th), I hope they will fix it sooner, before it @Flappie ? 😞

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• ED Team

Hi all, 

when we have a fix it will be in the patch notes. As mentioned in other threads the team are on a break for a week for New Years, then they will return and continue to work. Then we need to wait for internal merges and then testing before we can think about the next patch, so we all will need to be patient. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is not good news 😞. This is quite a critical issue, as it destroys at least 1/3 of the missions and campaigns perhaps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, YoYo said:

This is not good news 😞. This is quite a critical issue, as it destroys at least 1/3 of the missions and campaigns perhaps.

It an important fix, but I dont think your estimation is correct, the fix should be in the next patch as long as it tests out ok. The time of year means no matter what it can not be rushed into a fix. Our team deserve a break they have worked very hard during 2023. 

thank you 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2