OH-6A by Tobsen and Eightball

Go to solution Solved by Neo47,

2 hours ago, tobi said:

There are some more "older" videos on the discord channel

Thank you so much for posting this! You just amped the hype train up for a lot of us! Really looking forward to this bird coming out.  How far along are you progress wise before you think it is ready?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tobi said:

If you need a test pilot for VR functionality, let me know! Below is a video I shot this morning in the Huey flying off of and around some of Eightballs civilian ships. Did some low level stuff as well, all in VR with the PIMAX.  It does not get better than this! 

Also created some music channels in game with old Vietnam music.  Really puts you in the zone. Buttkicker was turned on, so it kept rattling my mouse at first, hence the white cursor not going away. Had to relocate the mouse.

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tobi said:

A little enhancement for the searchlight. You can track a fix position on the ground now.

Hey, great achievement on its own, but regarding „realism“ -shouldn’t it lag a bit? It seems very very stable to me (it is still operated by a human, no? Even if it is a simulated one).

No criticism, just an observation.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

12 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Hey, great achievement on its own, but regarding „realism“ -shouldn’t it lag a bit? It seems very very stable to me (it is still operated by a human, no? Even if it is a simulated one).

No criticism, just an observation.

Do you have any information how much it should lag?

3 hours ago, tobi said:

Do you have any information how much it should lag?

No sorry, none at all and no experience with it. I just thought it was a bit unbelievable that a human operator could compensate the movement of the Helicopter in real time. Maybe try a few tenth of second delay and some overshoot of that is possible?

But I‘m totally nitpicking here. Don‘t get me wrong. It is absolutely amazing already!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Oh Mama! I had no idea that this was even in the works. I don't have any helicopters, but this one I want. I'm hoping this is the same quality as the A4E. Was planning on getting the Kiowa because I figured it was the closest we were ever going to get to a Loach!

• Like 1

I’m in training already. 

Seeing the way this is shaping up I’ve gotta get my chopper chops tidied so I’m back in the Huey. Take offs are erratic and eventful, landings are still text-book plummeting. I’m more used to crashing fixed winged props into the dust so it’s making a nice change 😁.

Good luck in the workshop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Yes, I've been working on them this week, I'll try to make a small video this weekend.

Outstanding news! I got a few new books in on US Vietnam LARRPs and SF guys during that period if you are interested in making any US assets.  I do not recall seeing if you had done any or not with this. Also have a book coming in on the patrol boats.

Ahem...the video will come later this week 🥸

On 1/27/2024 at 3:12 AM, Devil 505 said:

Outstanding news! I got a few new books in on US Vietnam LARRPs and SF guys during that period if you are interested in making any US assets.  I do not recall seeing if you had done any or not with this. Also have a book coming in on the patrol boats

Thanks but we're not planning any infantry units at the moment. Out of curiosity, are these books novel/autobiography or more technical stuff?

We do have a few US vehicles planned, though.

TGxvn3b.jpg

JHFCYYd.jpg

Lrd0TSH.jpg

7KrCXx5.jpg

hhvbSHZ.jpg

image.png.3075e361715b0031414d9fdeb86ef5

• Like 26

Looks great. I want some of those bits for WW2 as well now 😁. Maybe a skins option? 

Imagination getting the better of me, back to the Huey training… Nam, nunna nunna nineteen, Sa Sa Saigon etc…

Good stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Thanks but we're not planning any infantry units at the moment. Out of curiosity, are these books novel/autobiography or more technical stuff?

Actually a little bit of both. I have been collecting Squadron Signal books for years and just recently came across a few more specifically dealing the riverine boats, Vietnam SF guys and LRRP's.  If you are looking for images it would not be hard to upload them.  I will take a few and get them up here.

Out of curiosity what would help you with making this mod and the asset packs? Is there anything you are looking for specifically we could assist with locating for you guys? I would think more intel is better than less when making creating these mods.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:38 AM, Devil 505 said:

Out of curiosity what would help you with making this mod and the asset packs? Is there anything you are looking for specifically we could assist with locating for you guys? I would think more intel is better than less when making creating these mods.

At this point we pretty much have all the documentation we need. What's left to do either doesn't require docs (LODs, collision models, destroyed models, etc) or a quick google image search is enough.

• Like 3

Any more updates on the choppa? Any plans for a 3D pilot model in F1 view? Sorry for being very impatient. 

I know you guys by this point have had an absolute myriad of requests for various supporting assests, but given your crazy skills, would there be any chance at all of including maybe 1 or 2 ground crew personnel to have on the ramp? Especially in civilian clothing would be great. At the moment all we have are the Massun ground crew in military uniform. Basically makes any sort of civilian/ police scenes very empty on the ramps with no people that we can really place 😞 

Anyway, thanks very much for your hard work! You guys are absolute legends 🙂 

• Like 4

Gentlemen.... you've set the bar high here because of your history.  Thanks for what you've done and are doing for us (the community).

As others have indicated, there's genuine excitement regarding your "baby".  

Personally, I'm trying to temper that excitement a bit, but it's difficult. 😁

Really looking forward to release day.  Wishing you the best!

• Like 8

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Looking great!! Keep up the great work!

• Like 6

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 2 weeks later...