Vote for Colour Manual

Vote for Colour Manual  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for Colour Manual

• Colour and double the cost?
    • Black & White at the lower cost?

Hi Guys,

I just learned that the extra manual that you can purchase will be in black & white.

For those of us who can afford to pay the extra would you consider buying the manual if it was in colour but at double the price?

Thanks Mithandra

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

raises hand.

tb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

More than likely, a color print copy would be more than double.

So, to get a more precise idea - how about everyone who votes add a post with the maximum amount they would be willing to spend on a color print.

Try to keep it short and to the point. Just give us your number.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I'd spring for a printed color manual IF it had english text labels in the cockpit pictures instead of cyrillic text labels. For that, I could go $80, or maybe even higher.

Edited by CyBerkut

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Maybe a colour SE (special edition) with a Hard cover. No spiral binding crap? I would vote for that…

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I printed one mine in colors. Big advantage over my GUI-Guide in b/w print.

+1 for interest in a colored full version of the manual

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Can't believe they're even considering a B&W manual in the first place! Only a few days ago I was flicking through the tremendous manual that came with my Falcon 4.0 box. That was worth the price of the original game on its own!!

WTF has gone so badly wrong that manufacturers can't include a decent printed manual?

PC SPECS :

* Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz | P6T Deluxe V2 | 32Gb DDR RAM | GTX 1070i OC 8 Gb | H50 Water Cooler | Velociraptor 150Gb | Samsung SATA II 1Tb and Samsung 860PRO 512| Prolite 1080p 24" | Logitech G-19 | TM Twin MFD's | TM Warthog | TIR 5 (soon) | Windows 7/64 | My PC | My Blog | My Bikes

I'd be interested in a color version of the manual, but wouldn't pay more than 50 euro's for it.

I remember the printed manual for Lomac (which I ordered); great idea and well executed, at least initially. The game got a major overhaul patch not too long after that which changed a lot of things rendering the manual 'outdated', to say the least.

I would be very dissapointed to shell out 50 euro's for a color manual while it would be outdated within a year.

I don't know if there are any plans for printed manual customers to have some sort of update programme where you can keep your manual up to date with coming patches? If not I would only shell out the extra cash for a color version when its guaranteed to remain current (e.g. no major changes to the KA-50 in-game).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

If all would be fine I will have my color copy of manual for maximum about 20 EUR, my friend is going to print this for me. :D:D

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

... Let it go man.

I'm not sure what it is you think I should be letting go of. The post you are replying to was a fairly simple, straightforward statement of what I would be willing to spend money on.

Prior to this reply, I've posted exactly two times on the subject.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=656525&highlight=English#post656525

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=666710&highlight=English#post666710

I intentionally refrained from chiming in on the more recent thread/debate since I didn't see anything good coming out it. E.D. announced their decision on what they had made available, and I respect that. Having been a business owner in the past, I am accutely aware that in such cases it is impossible to please everyone. There were a number of factors contributing to their decision, and it was understandable. No need for me to pipe up with a complaint... I would just continue using the printed copy of the .PDF manual I already have when the motivation hit me to put up with doing the visual/mental gymnastics.

Then this thread/poll came up with a legitimate question. OK, a new opportunity arrived to possibly get something that I would value enough to spend over $60 on. I said my piece, and like before, I would have just left it at that.

There has been a great deal of rancor over in that other recent thread. Some of the posts in there appear to be a lot more about preaching at others about how the simulation should be used, rather than what is in the best interest of E.D. and its customers. I understand some people wanting to use the sim with cyrillic labels. Making it out to be a superior methodology or somehow more correct/valid than other people playing with english labels is a bit ludicrous and shortsighted. What is good for them is good for them. That's fine. But getting preachy about it toward others does not serve to bring more customers into the fold. If the purist simmers think that espousing such positions is good for the community, then it is more likely to stay a smaller community. *That* does not serve to encourage E.D. or other software companies to invest the resources into creating simulator software for us.

I also understand those folks wanting cyrillic labels in the manual pics. Well, now they have them in a printed manual (B&W). They also have them in color in the original .PDF. They have been served. Will the rotor blades permanently fall off everyone's masts if E.D. publishes a manual that has pics with english labels? Oh, the horror!

I made my earlier statement in this thread because that it what *I* would be willing to pay extra dollars for. I will now point out that (contrary to some claims in that debate thread) the poll running in another thread about what labels the english speaking north americans are running indicates 66% english as I write this post. I am not going to sit here and claim that represents equivalent sales of manuals with english labels. I have no way to know that, and frankly, it is E.D.'s concern to figure that out (if they are interested). I'm simply saying a bunch of other folks should probably stick to making their own case, and refrain from projecting for everyone else.

*My* case is that english labels would add value for me, such that in a nice printed manual (ring bound or spiral bound, they each have their advantages) I would be willing to spend $80, or possibly even more. In *my* case, having to deal with cyrillic character conversions is extra work that I don't find enjoyable. It detracts from my enjoyment which translates to less time spent studying/using the simulator. It also happens to make it harder to recruit other acquaintences of mine to join our community.

E.D. will do what they think is best. If it adds enough value for me, I'll buy it. If it doesn't, I'll remain O.K. with that, and continue using what I already have.

Regards,

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Some of the posts in there appear to be a lot more about preaching at others about how the simulation should be used, rather than what is in the best interest of E.D. and its customers. I understand some people wanting to use the sim with cyrillic labels. Making it out to be a superior methodology or somehow more correct/valid than other people playing with english labels is a bit ludicrous and shortsighted. What is good for them is good for them. That's fine. But getting preachy about it toward others does not serve to bring more customers into the fold.

Speaking only for myself, I have certainly not intended to be preaching to anyone about how they play. I apologize if it came across that way.

I think the issue is that for those of us who play using the Russian cockpit, there have been a number of posts recently from English players suggesting that ED are lazy for not changing the manual to English or that the manual is somehow an incomplete translation. There have also been a number of posts by English cockpit users suggesting that it would be silly to use the Russian cockpit. This typically comes in posts pressuring ED to adopt English pics/labels in the manual.

This has motivated the Russian cockpit users to explain, both for the benefit of ED and other users, that there are people that use the Russian cockpit by choice for realism reasons. Of course, that sparks a discussion of the realism pluses and minuses of the Russian cockpit, with each side vigorously defending its views. Personally, I wouldn't interpret this as either side "preaching" to the other, just explaining the reasons why they use what they use. In the end, I doubt anyone cares which cockpit other people use (I certainly don't). What I do care about is that ED recognizes that there are people who use the Russian cockpit out of choice, and that the English cockpit users are not the only ones whose interests should be considered. I fully support the right of English cockpit users to do the same. All IMHO, of course.

Edited by wombat778

What are you going to do when the A-10 is released? Buy another $80.00 manual? I'd rather use the wood to build a picnic table then waste it on printing manuals. I am really surprised in this whole thought process; you already have the manual, and you already have the game! Now the sheeples want to buy the game again (retail version), and spend double for a manual they already have(?) That is $120.00 extra on top of the $50.00 they already paid for a total of $170.00! Does your MOM know how much money you are wasting? She would not be happy :doh:

Gigabyte|Q6600|8GB DDR3|GTX285|Win7 64|X-65

What are you going to do when the A-10 is released? Buy another $80.00 manual?

Yes (if it is available).

you already have the manual, and you already have the game! Now the sheeples want to buy the game again (retail version), and spend double for a manual they already have(?) That is $120.00 extra on top of the $50.00 they already paid for a total of $170.00! Does your MOM know how much money you are wasting? She would not be happy :doh:

Honestly, $170 is a fairly small amount of money for a hobby (at least for me). Its not like sims of this quality come along that often, and when they do, I am more than happy to spend the cash. Hell one year of iRacing costs $156 and comes with no printed manual. One copy of SB Pro PE costs $125. For two copies of a fantastic simulation plus a 600 page printed color manual, $170 is a bargain IMHO.

I would be willing to pay £40-£50 for a colour manual and that is MORE than enough as colour colour books that have 200-300 greater than A4 sized pages sometimes dont even cost that and thats a hardback book, so a colour manual in a ring binder should not cost anymore than £40 -50 in the UK.

I'm not sure what it is you think I should be letting go of. The post you are replying to was a fairly simple, straightforward statement of what I would be willing to spend money on.

Maybe he said let it go because the poll is asking what you would pay for a color manual. Or would you prefer one. And you bring the symbols debate/issue in to it.

That is $120.00 extra on top of the $50.00 they already paid for a total of $170.00! Does your MOM know how much money you are wasting? She would not be happy :doh:

I think I've lost you here.

People bought the sim for 50 bucks. The new manual will be offered for 30 bucks and you don't have to buy the retail version to get the printed one it's offered seperately. I don't even know wether there will be a retail box with the printed manual included. So howcome you get to 120 buck on top of the spent 50 on the sim?

Mind you, this is not meant to be a personal offensive, I am just curious about your point of view.

Of course the whole manual in color will significantly add to the price, but then I still do not understand the comment about the extra retail copy of the game?

Enlighten me, please, sir. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”