Cockpit limits

• 3 weeks later...

S!

Especially noticeable when looking left and back. Your head goes well outside the cockpit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  Motherboard: ASUS TUF B550-Plus Memory: Kingston FuryX 64Gb GPU: AMD Radeon 6950XT 16Gb HDD: Samsung EVO SSD x 2 Monitor: Samsung 27" Flight gear: Virpil stick, MFG pedals OS: Windows 11 Pro

On 2/6/2024 at 1:19 PM, Flanker35M said:

S!

Especially noticeable when looking left and back. Your head goes well outside the cockpit.

I love sticking my head out the window and let my tongue and ears flap in the wind. I also bark at passing planes. 🐶😜

I agree, it’s a bit annoying and an easy fix I suppose.

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 2/6/2024 at 12:19 PM, Flanker35M said:

S!

I almost get a heart attack in the P47. If I look over my shoulder left. My head goes out the canopy and suddenly all that noise of engine and wind comes into my ear very loudly. I never get used to it.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 1 month later...

There must be two settings for the head limitation:

1. When the canopy is closed, the left-right head movements are limited within the canopy glass. 

2. When the canopy is open, a new algorithm releases the limitations and the left-right head activity can move beyond the canopy arc, which is necessary for Taxiing. 

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

2 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

it's a snap view problem, not a cockpit limit problem. Snap view "throws" must be adjusted to the cockpit size.

No, when you use headtracking, you are not limited to snapviews (unless you mean the angle limits that can be set in the server.lua).

However in other modules there is a hard limit and you can’t stick your head through the canopy. In the Mossie that limit doesn’t exist and you can quickly find your head outside by accident.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

18 hours ago, Hiob said:

No, when you use headtracking, you are not limited to snapviews (unless you mean the angle limits that can be set in the server.lua).

However in other modules there is a hard limit and you can’t stick your head through the canopy. In the Mossie that limit doesn’t exist and you can quickly find your head outside by accident.

it's the limits that are set on the snap view/pilot head axis and lean angles, not the 'cockpit'. In VR I can turn my head 1:1 backwards it'll remain inside the cockpit. If during that movement I also lean towards the cockpit canopy then my head start to stick outside of the cockpit. It's this "leaning" that takes you outside of the cockpit limits. That's what needs to be fixed.

In VR I can stick my head through the canopy of any module. There are no cockpit limits configured from that perspective.

in any case, it seems to me we're just arguing about the semantics here.

Edited by peachmonkey

20 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

it's the limits that are set on the snap view/pilot head axis and lean angles, not the 'cockpit'. In VR I can turn my head 1:1 backwards it'll remain inside the cockpit. If during that movement I also lean towards the cockpit canopy then my head start to stick outside of the cockpit. It's this "leaning" that takes you outside of the cockpit limits. That's what needs to be fixed.

In VR I can stick my head through the canopy of any module. There are no cockpit limits configured from that perspective.

in any case, it seems to me we're just arguing about the semantics here.

Probably.

In short, the Mossie acts the same in 2D as it is supposed to do only in VR? Agree? 

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

32 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Probably.

In short, the Mossie acts the same in 2D as it is supposed to do only in VR? Agree? 

yup, indeed. I think this discussion triggered in me a much older topic where people were calling for the true cockpit limits where you can't stick the head in either 2d or VR mode (I'm not a fan of this request if it's not done properly). Anyhoo, all good 🙂