First In, Last Out! F-4E Wild Weasel Trailer and Manual release!

IronMike

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

And I'll use the E as G(I would love an actual G) just as I've used the F16 as an F16A. In DCS he get what we get. There is no plan or its all kinda spaced out play pen. We have to pretend you're flying a P47 razorback in 43 when you P47 is a 1945 P47. Our P51s are also 1945. That's how DCS is, its not because we don't know or don't care. It's that we have no choice.

This exactly.  DCS doesn't have and likely never will have all the correct units to make most missions historically accurate, so it just blows my mind when people get so anal about historical accuracy.  This entire game is just one big anachronistic mess, but we make do with it because there's really no other alternatives to DCS.

I'll be flying the F-4E over the Marianas in pseudo-Vietnam scenarios despite the fact we don't have basically any correct units and because it's pretty much the only jungle we have in game.  The SA-2 is an 80s variant, the MiG-21 and 19 are both the wrong version, the ships aren't there, early manpads aren't there, the F-4E we are getting isn't correct for Vietnam really either and I hold out some small hope that Heatblur gives us the option for the early strobe RWR since they are going to all the trouble to make one for the early F-14A.  Luckily the MiG-17F, F-100D, and A-1H are all in the works and will be correct for this, but we still won't have a Vietnam map by then and probably not napalm either.  

Just to screw with the historical purists, here's a KC-135A refueling a B-52D(WIP).  Oh, wait, it's a KC-135R and a B-52H painted up to look the part because the correct versions I need aren't in DCS or available as mods.  GIMP and my rudimentary skin-making skills to the rescue, lol.

Digital Combat Simulator 2_5_2024 2_32_20 PM.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

23 minutes ago, Stackup said:

This exactly.  DCS doesn't have and likely never will have all the correct units to make most missions historically accurate, so it just blows my mind when people get so anal about historical accuracy.  This entire game is just one big anachronistic mess, but we make do with it because there's really no other alternatives to DCS.

I'll be flying the F-4E over the Marianas in pseudo-Vietnam scenarios despite the fact we don't have basically any correct units and because it's pretty much the only jungle we have in game.  The SA-2 is an 80s variant, the MiG-21 and 19 are both the wrong version, the ships aren't there, early manpads aren't there, the F-4E we are getting isn't correct for Vietnam really either and I hold out some small hope that Heatblur gives us the option for the early strobe RWR since they are going to all the trouble to make one for the early F-14A.  Luckily the MiG-17F, F-100D, and A-1H are all in the works and will be correct for this, but we still won't have a Vietnam map by then and probably not napalm either.  

Just to screw with the historical purists, here's a KC-135A refueling a B-52D(WIP).  Oh, wait, it's a KC-135R and a B-52H painted up to look the part because the correct versions I need aren't in DCS or available as mods.  GIMP and my rudimentary skin-making skills to the rescue, lol.

Digital Combat Simulator 2_5_2024 2_32_20 PM.png

That's why I hope the Iraq map will be made so the Iran-Iraq war can be done.

I don't know the finer ins and out about all the finer model variations but.

F14A(Heatblur is gonna make the exactly correct one for Iranian use) 

F4E. Don't know if it's the exact one but pretty close.

F5E

Huey 

Hind. 

MiG21(probably not the exact model)

F1(unsure if the uniqe F1 Iraq used was available from the start or if they used a more standard one in Iranian war.

MiG23(Razbam)

Gazelle

HiP

Mabye we'll get a Su-17/20/22

So the major aircraft types missing will be MiG25, MiG-27(not really major) TU-22 and Mirage-5. And a couple of helicopter types.

Not many conflicts can be said to have that a complete plane set even if the models aren't perfect matches.

I'm thinking when the dynamic campaign comes. Having an almost complete plane set will be a big help.

You can fly in cheat mode(F14) or if you like being punished, try flying as a MiG23 pilot in a dynamic Iran-Iraq war campaign.

• Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

26 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

F14A(Heatblur is gonna make the exactly correct one for Iranian use) 

Not to get entirely off topic, but have they recently changed their minds on this?  Last I heard, the Iranian version was just a bonus due to public outcry and gonna just be the Early -135GR, but with TCS and other systems disabled with a bullet fairing to cover the TCS pod.  Now it's more likely the TCS pod will be removed since they did that with the fuel tank pylons after having said they wouldn't.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the -91GR has the original beaver tail that would require a redo of the external model which they've said they won't do for the Early -135GR.  It's all rather confusing and they've also said they are using the blocks to differentiate the models internally, but they aren't making exact copies of a particular block due to cahnges over the blocks lifetimes.  Same thing with the F-4.

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

Isn't DCS World a huge sandbox? And I, when I was a kid, used to sit in the sand and play with the toys that I got. Ten percent were in my hand and ninety percent happended in my imagination. So if there's a Phantom in DCS World and it's as close as possible to the real Weasel... well, I'll take it! This has nothing to do with false promises or even malicious advertising fraud.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, _Milan_ said:

Isn't DCS World a huge sandbox? And I, when I was a kid, used to sit in the sand and play with the toys that I got. Ten percent were in my hand and ninety percent happended in my imagination. So if there's a Phantom in DCS World and it's as close as possible to the real Weasel... well, I'll take it! This has nothing to do with false promises or even malicious advertising fraud.

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, _Milan_ said:

Amen! :smoke:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Jeeezzzz!!! I just pointed out that, only the 20th FS was not a Wild Weasel Squadron. Nothing more, nothing less. And why I pointed this out? 

I don´t really know, maybe because I´ve been a pround Member of the Silver Lobos long time ago and if you look at my profile picture... its me in a F-4F Cockpit! 

So please everybody calm down and let it be. Enjoy the waiting time. Read the nice Manual and when the F-4 is out, have a phreaking good time and really have a blast...even fly some Wild Weasel missions.

Until than..Horrido! and who is the bloody who?

• Like 4

Durnit, I missed the manual release! Why wasn't it on TV, International News? Just started re-reading old stuff at bedtime and I could have been reading this!

No wonder I was struggling to get to sleep, with an unfamiliar itch....

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

2 hours ago, LG_Barons said:

Jeeezzzz!!! I just pointed out that, only the 20th FS was not a Wild Weasel Squadron. Nothing more, nothing less. And why I pointed this out? 

I don´t really know, maybe because I´ve been a pround Member of the Silver Lobos long time ago and if you look at my profile picture... its me in a F-4F Cockpit! 

So please everybody calm down and let it be. Enjoy the waiting time. Read the nice Manual and when the F-4 is out, have a phreaking good time and really have a blast...even fly some Wild Weasel missions.

Until than..Horrido! and who is the bloody who?

It wasn't anything you did or said. It's all on someone else that accused players of being "low knowledge gamers that didn't care about history" and accused Heatblur of false advertisement. I won't mention any names but his initial is Vampyre. :wavetowel:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

@IronMike I have a question about manual, I see it is updated but still no any detiled instructions for procedures (for example how to use bomb, a2a etc.). Do you have to plan update it about detailed procedures (switches, buttons, checklists)? Now, mostly its general info about system.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Relating to the Wild Weasel role, what is the reason the Shrike cannot be mounted on the belly stations? It seems the AIM-7 is the only weapon that can be mounted on the recessed stations, but the Shrike shares the same missile housing with a different seeker? 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Punkmonkey22 said:

Relating to the Wild Weasel role, what is the reason the Shrike cannot be mounted on the belly stations? It seems the AIM-7 is the only weapon that can be mounted on the recessed stations, but the Shrike shares the same missile housing with a different seeker? 

Thanks

Maybe the wiring just doesn't fit. Just because the housing is the same doesn't mean the requirements are the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Punkmonkey22 said:

Thanks

Fin recesses in the stations are sized for AIM-7, the Shrike is a shorter missile. Shorter fin distance front to rear, also the Shrike forward fins have a larger span.

• Thanks 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.