First In, Last Out! F-4E Wild Weasel Trailer and Manual release!

IronMike

1 hour ago, Japo32 said:

But appart of the F4, is the trailer about an incoming campaign? if so it seems in Syria?

Nope, sorry.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 hour ago, schurem said:

Might we be seeing the AI model Intruder with the coming release?

Oh I certainly hope so!

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

One little thing, are the select station designations on the bottom view of the plane (picture)backwards, or does the pilot have to invert left and right when selecting weapons? The station armament buttons go LO, LI, CTR, RI, RO, but the labels on the picture go RO, RI, CTR, LI, LO. 

Just seems weird lol

3.png

Edited by Seance12

56 minutes ago, Seance12 said:

One little thing, are the select station designations on the bottom view of the plane (picture)backwards, or does the pilot have to invert left and right when selecting weapons? The station armament buttons go LO, LI, CTR, RI, RO, but the labels on the picture go RO, RI, CTR, LI, LO. 

Just seems weird lol

3.png

Should probably have posted that here- F-4E Manual Feedback Mega-Thread - DCS: F-4 Phantom - ED Forums

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

1 hour ago, Seance12 said:

invert left and right when selecting weapons

I already reported that 🙂

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

9 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

When the F4 was first announced, I was like, ok cool, but that was all. I knew little about it outside seeing it drop napalm in vietnam movies.

Then I started to read up. Read books about F4s in vientam. Ready online and learned just how much the aircraft was used around the world. And within a year. I was super hyped

And now it's my second most wanted modual after the F4U Corsair 

I should do some reading about the F-4, or at least watch some documentaries. I was just never an F-4 fan.

But this module looks like it's going to be a serious flightsim tech-toy, and I jut gotta have that. Been flying sims for decades and I want to enjoy the most advanced stuff.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

22 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I should do some reading about the F-4, or at least watch some documentaries. I was just never an F-4 fan.

But this module looks like it's going to be a serious flightsim tech-toy, and I jut gotta have that. Been flying sims for decades and I want to enjoy the most advanced stuff.

I recommend all of Thomas McKelvey Cleaver books on vietnam. He uses sources from all combatants. Lots of F4 action or A4 if you like that mod.

I recommend his Korea and Pacific war books too if you want to get into PTO/Hellcat/Corsair mood.

All his books are on audible if you prefer that. I spend many hours a week tending to the dogs and house. So I go through audio books like they are candy when I have a book in my years while doing that.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

6 hours ago, IronMike said:

Nope, sorry.

Thanks, but it seems there will be some or a campaign for the F4 as it is announced in the F4 product. I suppose it will be in Chernarus..... again. (as is the only map all people have). I suppose better than Marianas

2 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Thanks, but it seems there will be some or a campaign for the F4 as it is announced in the F4 product. I suppose it will be in Chernarus..... again. (as is the only map all people have). I suppose better than Marianas

Reflected is planing a campaign for the F4 and by default his campaigns are top notch. And could use any map.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dallenbach said:

That is not correct, I have the complete pdf with 730 pages

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought that the printing option allowed to "print" a pdf file, I have now the manual on my iPad, to read tonight. 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

One of the best promo video's Ive ever seen for.....well.....anything. 

All hail Heatblur

You should watch ELI21 by the same creator. (It‘s not a promo but a cinematic)

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Will the pilot models really have blinking eyes, or was that added for cinematic effect? If so, that's a crazy level of detail!

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

Will the pilot models really have blinking eyes, or was that added for cinematic effect? If so, that's a crazy level of detail!
Yes, they blink and the eyes move around like in the video. Thats in-game footage.
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Zabuzard said:
32 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

Yes, they blink and the eyes move around like in the video. Thats in-game footage.

Do the eyes widen just before you slam into the ground because you were too busy looking at (literal) eye candy and not looking where you were going?!

1 hour ago, Zabuzard said:
1 hour ago, AlpineGTA said:

Can we with eye tracking in our vr headset control the blinking?

In the manual, there is an item called Performance Balancer.
This is a module setting that simplifies the processing of virtual components and reduces CPU usage.

Does the presence of these features indicate that the F-4E's virtual component functionality is extremely processing intensive?

5 hours ago, Zabuzard said:
6 hours ago, AlpineGTA said:

😮, simply amazing guys, good job o7

F-4E Founders

Syria Map

Is that a new version of Tacview or something else?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

22 minutes ago, Lace said:

Is that a new version of Tacview or something else?

What do you mean? The map-view from the Video?

That is a just a cinematic, trademark of Adrian Caparzo, the creative mind beyond many DCS Movies. He made this Promo Video and my all-time favorite „ELI21“.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

In the manual, there is an item called Performance Balancer.
This is a module setting that simplifies the processing of virtual components and reduces CPU usage.
Does the presence of these features indicate that the F-4E's virtual component functionality is extremely processing intensive?
Our benchmark is the Tomcat, we aim for a similar performance. The option is there because it was a low hanging fruit to offer and some people will likely appreciate it.
  • Like 7

On 1/27/2024 at 2:34 AM, Dallenbach said:

You're right, but I often read manuals as bedtime reading. It calms me down when I go to sleep and is also supposed to improve my memory. 😉

I’m thinking I’ll print the manual, stick it under my pillow and learn by osmosis 🤣🤣… might be the only way to get it through my thick skull quicker 🤠

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon