EE version. no autopilot?

impreza
Go to solution Solved by Bremspropeller,

Hi all.

Im looking for in the manual but i dont find anything about that. Is working the autopilot?. Is an issue of navigation mode? I tried different options but I dont how to fix it

Edited by impreza

What happens if you press the first button (on the left) with the mouse pointer?

You have to first press that button, followed by what mode you want e.g. Alt to hold you altitude 

• Like 1

hace 14 minutos, Oesau dijo:

What happens if you press the first button (on the left) with the mouse pointer?

You have to first press that button, followed by what mode you want e.g. Alt to hold you altitude 

I push that but nothing happens. I know how it works because I started with this variant. Something has changed. Are there new procedures for this? I dont know. I tried to start the mission in the air and it works (only in this case), after a dogfight the AP it doesnt works again.

I have found the autopilot broken after an intense dog-fight where I let the positive g-forces exceed the 7.5g limit, also. Not sure if that is a cause or maybe its unnoticed weapons fire damage. Unrelated, I have issues with the autopilot button engaging through my HOTAS, where the button on the panel moves but doesn't light up. Except for the previously mentioned situation, clicking the buttons always works.

• Like 1

Yes, I also had the autopilot stop working after a dogfight in the F-1EE. Wonder if its an issue with INS or magnetic compass being confused? 

Or mb I needed to use the throttles autopilot lever/button in combination with the AP-button to reenable it 🤔

Could be degraded systems or user error. 

En 2/2/2024 a las 22:16, Sknusk dijo:

I have found the autopilot broken after an intense dog-fight where I let the positive g-forces exceed the 7.5g limit, also. Not sure if that is a cause or maybe its unnoticed weapons fire damage. Unrelated, I have issues with the autopilot button engaging through my HOTAS, where the button on the panel moves but doesn't light up. Except for the previously mentioned situation, clicking the buttons always works.

I have the weapons mods (with ovgme). Are there issues with that mod?. 

15 hours ago, impreza said:

I have the weapons mods (with ovgme). Are there issues with that mod?. 

Unfortunately, I don't use that mod and am not familiar with it. I have the "issue," without using any mods. Honestly it could be expected given the situation where it happens. 

hace 8 horas, Sknusk dijo:

Unfortunately, I don't use that mod and am not familiar with it. I have the "issue," without using any mods. Honestly it could be expected given the situation where it happens. 

I removed the mod with ovgme but I find the same situation. I cant do anything to use the autopilot. 

I dont have mapped the ap button anymore. Im trying to use it at 250-450 KIAS but ... this system is dead. I can use those buttons on the ground but not in the air. Its the same situation for the CE variant. the take off is right (no damages). I dont know if I should reinstall the plane but I think I will find this problem again. 

The track is the next (plane in the air): I push and nothing happens. I hold the button and nothing happens. I push ap disengage (I dont remind the name now) and push ap button and nothing happens. No red light, no green light in the air. I tryed other things what I saw in reddit and in the forum. I looking for in videos and manuals...

If I had to guess, and I have to because your descriptions aren’t helping, I’d say you have some random mod installed and it’s causing you problems. It could be any mod, not necessarily anything to do with the mirage.

14 hours ago, impreza said:

The track is the next (plane in the air): I push and nothing happens.

That description doesn't help.

Try the Instant Action F1EE Refuelling Mission and engage the Autopilot (the aircraft starts in level flight and is well trimmed).

Screen_240212_120132.jpg

If you continue to have issues engaging the autopilot, save the track file when you exit the mission and post it here (for others to look at).

DCSHowToSaveATrack.jpg

(the default track location is "Saved Games\DCS\Tracks")

Attached is a short track file where I engage the autopilot.

F-1EE Test AP Using Refuelling Mission.trk

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

hace 11 horas, Ramsay dijo:

That description doesn't help.

Try the Instant Action F1EE Refuelling Mission and engage the Autopilot (the aircraft starts in level flight and is well trimmed).

Screen_240212_120132.jpg

If you continue to have issues engaging the autopilot, save the track file when you exit the mission and post it here (for others to look at).

DCSHowToSaveATrack.jpg

(the default track location is "Saved Games\DCS\Tracks")

Attached is a short track file where I engage the autopilot.

F-1EE Test AP Using Refuelling Mission.trk 181.59 kB · 0 descargas

AP works In the instant mission. If I start the mission in the air all is OK. If I start from ramp it doesnt works. If I use the autostart it doesnt work either. I did a repair this afternoon.

I was using this mod. In this moment is not installed. I have Ovgme for this. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3325091/

Thanks, by the way.

Mirage F1 EE aerial refuelling..trk Mirage F1 test fucking ap..trk

Edited by impreza

On 2/12/2024 at 11:40 PM, impreza said:

If I start the mission in the air all is OK. If I start from ramp it doesnt works. If I use the autostart it doesnt work either. I did a repair this afternoon.

Thanks for the track.

What happens is the aircraft gets damaged in the first turn when taxiing from the hanger to runway threshold.

F1EE Taxi Damage, Screen_240213_022841.jpg

External view

F1EE Taxi Damage, Screen_240213_022801.jpg
Before this point , I could take control and test the AP on the ground i.e. by pressing the AP buttons so they light, etc.

Taxiing at a slower pace, I taxied and took off without damage and engaged the AP in flight as normal - so your startup routine looks sound, rather you'll need to watch out for ground handling and/or over speeding during taxi and take off.

Edited by Ramsay
Add Servo Button detail to 1st Picture
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080