Multiplayer/Singleplayer popularity poll 2024

D4n

Follow-up poll to the 2021 poll.

https://strawpoll.com/e2nar8mbpgB

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

1 hour ago, razo+r said:

Hmm, why did you opt for an external poll and not one directly here in the forum?

Because I thought these 2 features are useful.

image.png

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

If anyone wants to cheat by "mulitplying" himself, he can do it on external site without much hassle by using his PC, PC at work and his phone, for example. 3 different IPs. There's no registration required on strawpoll, is it? Seems like a poll here would be more "secure" then.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Surveys on this Forum tend to produce skewed results since it’s a sampling of enthusiasts and not the overall player base. ED has stated that the split in this game is about 90% SP. 

• Like 3

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

ED's analytics in this matter are perfectly capable of producing at least as skewed results easily.

Regardless of that, the usefulness of such a poll, no matter how it is conducted, is minute at best. I for one definitely am not going to follow obscure links for such silliness.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Kang said:

ED's analytics in this matter are perfectly capable of producing at least as skewed results easily.

How so? I imagine they’re looking directly at telemetry from the game itself. Devs can and should be able to tell what anyone is doing with a game that’s persistently connected online even in SP. This particular stat would be very important information for them.

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Thanks 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I would imagine so, too, but having access to that data and actually taking something useful from it are two separate problems. Who all do you count? Literally everyone? Accounts with a certain total number of hours? Accounts active within a specific previous timespan? I'd assume the results vary quite wildly depending on this simple question alone.

The fact that the old '90% SP' stat has never been elaborated or updated, and historically was mostly thrown around at times when people quite loudly demanded multiplayer issues to be fixed, made it very convenient. Include all accounts that tried out DCS and never even played it beyond looking at the Su-25T for an hour - there you got thousands of people who are exclusively SP. Just a simple example. While I can't think of one off the top of my head, I am sure you can easily find the opposite, too.

You are absolutely right that it is an interesting information to the marketing department of ED, but I have serious doubts that the insights that got shared about this are very accurate and even less current.

1 hour ago, Kang said:

The fact that the old '90% SP' stat has never been elaborated or updated

Here’s the answer straight from ED, it’s the first question asked. There are all sorts of ways they can make use of the data they get, I’m sure they know how to interpret it. The response that 90% of the players never go online I’m sure means exactly that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 11:56 PM, SharpeXB said:

Here’s the answer straight from ED, it’s the first question asked. There are all sorts of ways they can make use of the data they get, I’m sure they know how to interpret it. The response that 90% of the players never go online I’m sure means exactly that.

Sorry I haven't been back for so long, I've had a few rather busy weeks, sadly. Still, thank you very much, I hadn't seen that at all, so I do stand corrected, especially about my believe that said statistics haven't even been touched on for so long.