Latest Oculus v63 PTC build crashing DCS when used on Oculus Link

SrSosio

24 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I have v62 still, I did nothing but Today this pop up appeared 🤪 :

lPiS3vl.jpg

This is the last week of March so parhaps we will see the patch soon, I hope.

Me too, so I've snoozed.
But what does it mean below when Lange888 says create a new file with no extension I've done the folder bit but what type of "File" with no extension?

Simply browse to C:\Program Files\Oculus (or where you installed your application)
Rename folder \Staging to bak.Staging
Rename folder \tmp to bak.tmp
Create a new file called Staging (with no extension)
Create a new file called tmp (also, no extension)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

2 minutes ago, Mordants said:

Me too, so I've snoozed.
But what does it mean below when Lange888 says create a new file with no extension I've done the folder bit but what type of "File" with no extension?

Simply browse to C:\Program Files\Oculus (or where you installed your application)
Rename folder \Staging to bak.Staging
Rename folder \tmp to bak.tmp
Create a new file called Staging (with no extension)
Create a new file called tmp (also, no extension)

Any. A text file the remove the extension.

21 minutes ago, ddc196 said:

I'm on V63 and am not having issues. Just FYI.

What version are you using? I am using this version and also have no problems running oculus link cable.

Headset version: 63.0.0.327.363.576466842

Runtime version: 63.0.0.324.363.576466932

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

9 minutes ago, Bossco82 said:

That is what popped up for me today. Post update I can't get DCS to launch.

Me too, looks like we're not alone.  This thread has been active since 2/15 and a fix has been ready since 3/11ish? Sad

• Like 4

On 2/27/2024 at 2:51 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Dear all, 

By default DCS uses OpenXR which is supported by Oculus.

For Multithreading DCS we also have a native Oculus API available which can be enabled by adding --force_oculus_VR

(Please ensure OpenXR is disabled, and you are using MT DCS.)

Due to the priority order OpenXR driver is selected first (prior to v62 oculus update) this was working well,

with Oculus v63 they broke OpenXR for DCS.

As a work around users can use native oculus with --force_oculus_VR

Target line example in properties 

"D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_oculus_VR

We do have a fix for the v63 driver coming in a future patch that will allow openXR to work correctly again for Oculus using the newer driver. 

----------------------------------------

Please also note there is a steamVR oculus plugin work around found by @jaghammer here

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/344539-native-oculus-api-and-dcs/page/2/#comment-5395501

------------------------------------------
Virtual Desktop XR is also another work around being used by some users. 

Thank you 

How many people who use oculus are affected by the v63 issue? Do you have any numbers at this stage? 

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Seems I too am now having this issue whereby oculus is running V63 as wasn't aware of this issue as no mention by DCS or by OCULUS that it would break. Have no way to downgrade as such DCS does not launch anymore for me. Anyone got a fix or nah?

• Like 1

It would appear this work around (--force_enable_VR --force_oculus_VR) no longer works as my game now flat out doesn't get past the 15 years screen and just closes - as such I now cannot fly DCS in VR - is there any expected fix to this now or is it game over till the main push happens?

17 minutes ago, JSOMaverick said:

Seems I too am now having this issue whereby oculus is running V63 as wasn't aware of this issue as no mention by DCS or by OCULUS that it would break. Have no way to downgrade as such DCS does not launch anymore for me. Anyone got a fix or nah?

Me too. Is there anybody that has v62 that can put the Oculus folder on some Google Drive or something?

RiftS • RX5950XT • 5800X3D • 64GB
F-86 • F-4 • F-5E • F-16C • F/A-18C • P-51D • UH-1H • L-39 • MiG-15 • MiG-21
Supercarrier • Syria • PG • Sinai • Nevada • Kola

Screw the Christian Eagle II

2 minutes ago, tribbin said:

Me too. Is there anybody that has v62 that can put the Oculus folder on some Google Drive or something?

Here:

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

5 minutes ago, JSOMaverick said:

It would appear this work around (--force_enable_VR --force_oculus_VR) no longer works as my game now flat out doesn't get past the 15 years screen and just closes - as such I now cannot fly DCS in VR - is there any expected fix to this now or is it game over till the main push happens?

Same here. Super disappointed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JSOMaverick said:

This no longer works as I stated in my message - already tried this, it now force downloads v63

Same. Just tried and v63 is forced.

Later paid £16 for Virtual desktop and its so slow compared to my Link version... even using the cable is bad, probably made worse by mot having eye tracked  foveated rendering.

• Like 1

Quest Pro + Ryzen 5700x + Nvidia 3090 + 64GB RAM

WW F16EX Stick + WW F15EX Throttle + 2x TM MFD + ICP Replica + BBJ Buttonbox 

F16C & F15E & A10 C2 & FC3 + CAU & NTTR & PG & SYR & MAR 

16 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Here:

Again; if anybody ( @YoYo ?) has the v62 install on their system, please share, as we are not able to get the v62 version from the installer anymore.

Update: Adding @BIGNEWY to inform that Oculus now force-updates, making this a bigger problem. Also; v62 installer is not publicly available anymore.

Edited by tribbin
  • Like 3

I am on the latest and greatest and it works fine for me. Remove any start parameters go to the game and enable VR hardware from the VR menu. The game will reload and start VR itself. I use the bin from the MT folder. OpenXR toolkit works well too.

cheers

Win10,5900X,4090, 64GB RAM,Valve Index, Reverb G2 v2,Q3?

hace 42 minutos, JSOMaverick dijo:

I have the same problem, it is not possible to play in VR with META headsets

3 minutes ago, mediocre said:

I am on the latest and greatest and it works fine for me. Remove any start parameters go to the game and enable VR hardware from the VR menu. The game will reload and start VR itself. I use the bin from the MT folder. OpenXR toolkit works well too.

cheers

Afraid this does not work - can you launch your Oculus App, go to settings, General scroll down and check the version? 

10 minutes ago, Bossco82 said:

Same for me I followed those instructions to the letter. DCS crashes on launch

OK guys... I got it working.

1. Download the folders on this guys Google Drive: https://www.reddit.com/r/dcsworld/comments/1blxiry/comment/kwkcbib/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
(and give this Redditor an upvote)

2. Stop the Oculus service in Windows.

3. Overwrite the -client and -runtime folders in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support with his files.

4. Start Oculus app and then start DCS.

If Oculus updates, repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.

image.png

Edited by tribbin
  • Thanks 7

v63 on head and link, I will check later and drop app bulid. I aslo opted for beta so maybe that is the diffrence.

edit: Meta Quest Link App Version 63.0.0.216.361 (63.0.0.216.361)

Edited by mediocre

Win10,5900X,4090, 64GB RAM,Valve Index, Reverb G2 v2,Q3?

Is it possible that meta dropped a beta that fixes this? When I get back on I’ll try to compare my v63 number

but looking back in this thread as to how long this has been an issue, it would be really nice if we could get a hotfix before the patch (unless it’s tomorrow) since there are a lot of us who cannot play at all

6 minutes ago, Mike_CK said:

Is it possible that meta dropped a beta that fixes this? When I get back on I’ll try to compare my v63 number

but looking back in this thread as to how long this has been an issue, it would be really nice if we could get a hotfix before the patch (unless it’s tomorrow) since there are a lot of us who cannot play at all

Sadly from testing even running beta oculus doesn't fix this 

Ugh/ ok

Did the new Oculus update change the what you see in your headset when you run the oculus App and turn on headset?

on another note, I tried setting SteamVR as the opemXR instead of oculus but my headset wouldn’t put me in the game…no menu just the inside of a hanger. Not sure that helps a damn thing but whatever

i finally had 2 hours to play today for the first time in awile. No wife, no kids….and no f’ing luck 

Edited by Mike_CK

@BIGNEWY So Oculus is now jamming through the V63 update no matter what you do.  They hit my computer with it sometime today, even though I had auto-update turned off and had changed the file names.  Bottom line....  Everyday more of your customers are unable to use your product.  What is the point of working on a bunch of updates to DCS if a good chunk of your customers can't take advantage of them.  Oculus is saying it is your problem, you guys are saying you are too busy to fix this, and more and more of us now cannot play  DCS.  THANKS PAL. 

• Like 6

I'm running the latest version 63.0.0.216.361 and my Quest 2 works fine.

One thing I have noticed though, if I try to run with the hand tracking option set in the DCS VR tab then it won't load at all, it just crashes to desktop. Only if I have the "TRACKERS" option selected. It's ok if I have the Controllers option ticked. Maybe check that setting if you're finding yours won't load. (If you can't get it to load to check the setting, launch it in 2D using the --force_disable_VR option in your desktop shortcut properties:

DCS no VR launcher.jpg

• Thanks 1

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2