Latest Oculus v63 PTC build crashing DCS when used on Oculus Link

SrSosio

2 hours ago, Mausar said:

What I hate the most is when I put Q3 off head for some reason the game crash. I mean it freeze in VR. Have never that issue before.😞

Turbo mode set to ON in OpenXR is the cause for me. If i turn Turbo Mode OFF, DCS doesn't crash, in MT that is, ST is fine with Turbo Mode set to ON.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

4 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

@markturner1960

Well that‘s interesting. I mean not only that the workaround works for you, you are not even affected by the original problem in the first place.
Maybe it‘s only a certain hardware combination that has the problem?!

I stopped the Oculus Link PC app from updating since I heard about the problem, so I am still on v62 and can not tell for my system.

how could you stop the update? i tried and after every 4 hours i need to snooze but after pc restarts it has updated anyway

2 minutes ago, Phantom711 said:

@beacon

It is an option in the settings of the Oculus App. „Auto Update“.

I simply unchecked it.

i did that then every 4 hours in the app it asks to update then i click upon snooze for 4 hours BUT when pc restarts then the update is installed

1 hour ago, wsm said:

for today? 

No, but probably soon since we have information that the problem has been resolved internally. There's a chance, I think we'll get it quite quickly.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team
19 minutes ago, YoYo said:

No, but probably soon since we have information that the problem has been resolved internally. There's a chance, I think we'll get it quite quickly.

I have no date to share for the next patch at this time. Patch cycles on average will be every six weeks, it just depends on development merges and testing. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Mines been doing that for some time now......at least a couple of months I would say, its not a new thing for me......But it does not do it all the time....its random....

mbucchia put a fix in for this in his QVFR. So that may explain why it doesn't happen all of the time for you. When it does fail, that may be some other fault. And to be sure, his fix was not to rectify a fault in QVFR but how DCS should handle a particular OpenXR message. This is something that ED should do. It's only a couple of lines of code an easily found by reading through the git revision history on his git repository.

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have no date to share for the next patch at this time. Patch cycles on average will be every six weeks, it just depends on development merges and testing. 

hi bignewy  i have tried tthe workaround with the steam link thing, and i can live with it ok it will use my wifi 5ghz ok but at least i have just flown the ah64

Big thanks to you newy, i dont no any ceo who is soooo strongly involved with us " the users" or just your "buyers". there are a lot of the world biggest companies that can learn from you

On 3/10/2024 at 7:08 PM, silverdevil said:

unfortunately the quest is messed up with DCS using the latest v63 version. v62 works if you can get it from what i hear. i do not use VR. there are a bunch of other posts about it.

I read you can purchase Virtual Desktop in the oculus store to run DCS. I wonder how many people will be contributing to Oculus profits now by resorting this solution?  Well played Oculus.  If I were DCS I would push for the solution as soon as possible to limit their benefits of screwing up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YoYo said:

Guys, wait a littel, fix incoming. ✌️

There is still no date for the next patch. Better to use one of the suggested workarounds in this thread. I'm already 2 days with v62 rollback using my method. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Yes, but it may not wait I suppose. It's a bit like someone going out without an umbrella and seeing that it's raining heavily, regardless of the situation, he keeps walking instead of going back to get the umbrella. He should be more flexible, I think. Here it could be a critical patch as a small hot fix only. Just idea. 

Personally, I still have v62, luckily the update somehow doesnt reached me. 😄 (yet)

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 4

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The vdxr route seems really good so far, the only thing being that it's a wireless link and needs a wired internet connection. 

My main problem will be at the air cadets unit I volunteer at: we have 4 laptops with quest 2 headsets and full seats, hotas and pedals- but we don't have a good WiFi or internet connection so use a wire from the headset to laptop. and often take them to events where there is no internet- we use dcs, ED have been great- they gave us some free modules to get the cadets going, but we may be sunk , it was a big investment for a small sqn ( charity and volunteer staff) I have kept them all off while this has been going on

• Like 2

2 hours ago, les said:

The vdxr route seems really good so far, the only thing being that it's a wireless link and needs a wired internet connection. 

My main problem will be at the air cadets unit I volunteer at: we have 4 laptops with quest 2 headsets and full seats, hotas and pedals- but we don't have a good WiFi or internet connection so use a wire from the headset to laptop. and often take them to events where there is no internet- we use dcs, ED have been great- they gave us some free modules to get the cadets going, but we may be sunk , it was a big investment for a small sqn ( charity and volunteer staff) I have kept them all off while this has been going on

Follow the steps in my post, I was able to go back to v62 and oculus link works, so far it remains this way. I agree it should be fixed ASAP

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jaghammer said:

Without solid Data we can only make guess in the blue.

My one is some use Win11 while others use Win10. May be also Nvidia/AMD and so on. But who knows... 🤐

I’m on Win 10 with Nvidia 4090 and AMD 5900x for what it’s worth, and not having any problems (QP, v63, DCS v2.9.2somthing) OXR, toolkit and quad views all working nicely.

12 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

I’m on Win 10 with Nvidia 4090 and AMD 5900x for what it’s worth, and not having any problems (QP, v63, DCS v2.9.2somthing) OXR, toolkit and quad views all working nicely.

So your running fine with V63 on the QP and Oculus PC software.  My PC app has not updated yet still on 62. something QP is 63 so I'm still able to use link cable but have Virtual Desktop to fall back on if needed.

J

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8

45 minutes ago, Tomcat388th said:

So your running fine with V63 on the QP and Oculus PC software.  My PC app has not updated yet still on 62. something QP is 63 so I'm still able to use link cable but have Virtual Desktop to fall back on if needed.

J

As far as I can tell, yes. The oculus app on my pc downloaded an update the other day and it says version 63. My Windows 10 is asking to update, think I’m going to say no just incase.

Ofc Sod’s Law dictates next time I go to use my QP it won’t work anymore for some mystical reason hehe.

1 hour ago, yoadknux said:

Follow the steps in my post, I was able to go back to v62 and oculus link works, so far it remains this way. I agree it should be fixed ASAP

Giving it a go .... stand by 

7 minutes ago, majorandme said:

Giving it a go .... stand by 

1 hour ago, yoadknux said:

Uninstall the Tool Try too?

22 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

Hmm... I am currently on Meta Quest Link app version 63.0.0.216.361 and played last night for like 2 hours with no issues.

Interesting!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

17 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Why not release a hot fix for these kind of issues? You already said before that you guys had a fix? 

If i spent hundreds of dollars/euro's on software, i should expect something in return

• Like 3

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, Falconeer said:

Why not release a hot fix for these kind of issues? You already said before that you guys had a fix? 

If i spent hundreds of dollars/euro's on software, i should expect something in return

We are working with many modules, and the core of DCS, we are already merging and testing fixes for a larger patch. I can not give you a date yet for that patch as it depends on test results for the whole of DCS. I am sorry but its not as simple as you think it is, so we will need to be patient. Again, we changed nothing in DCS, meta's update created the problem. 

thank you 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

20 hours ago, yoadknux said:

For now, I was able to survive the dreaded 4 hour snooze.

Here are the steps I took.

1) Uninstall Oculus with the regular Windows uninstaller.

2) Go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData and remove all Oculus folders inside Local, LocalLow, Roaming

3) Install Oculus from the following link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rn5uurwqvv9qp8q/OculusSetup.exe/file - This will install v62 (at least at the moment this post was written).

4) Turn off Automatic updates on the Oculus app settings. You will still get notified that there is an update ready to install. Snooze it.

5) Go to Oculus folder, delete all the contents of Staging and tmp. Make a copy of the entire Oculus folder, name it Oculusv62. 

6) 4 hours after the snooze, the app will update to v63. Once it's updated, go into safe mode, and replace the contents of the Oculus folder with the contents of Oculusv62. You can do this by deleting the Oculus folder and renaming Oculusv62 into Oculus (I recommend keeping a copy of Oculusv62 regardless)

Optional: Also make a copy of the Oculus folders inside Local, LocalLow, Roaming (from step 2).

7) Exit safe mode. Run OculusSetup, and use it to repair. 

The outcome is that you will have a "fresh" v62 with empty Staging & tmp folders, with auto-updates disabled at the oculus settings. 

I'm still not 100% sure it works long term - it only worked for a few hours for me. It may still update to v63 somehow. However, if it updates, I think restoring the Oculusv62 + AppData folders should send it back to v62 for another few hours. Good luck guys. And I hope ED fixes this issue as soon as possible. 

Did not work.  I did everything up to step 5.  Then went to flash up Oculus and it said I am running V63,  Meta Quest Link App Version 63.0.0.216.361 (63.0.0.216.361)

14 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We are working with many modules, and the core of DCS, we are already merging and testing fixes for a larger patch. I can not give you a date yet for that patch as it depends on test results for the whole of DCS. I am sorry but its not as simple as you think it is, so we will need to be patient. Again, we changed nothing in DCS, meta's update created the problem. 

thank you 

Thanks guys for the effort.  Standing by ...