Syria Map is NOT PLAYABLE IN VR

LOW_Hitman

After MONTH's trying to play mission on syria map iam so damn angry with this game and this map. Anyone else with the situation that syira is runnin at 5 fps in VR or it crashes during mission load?

Is so frustrating - other maps perform a lot better - for example - yesterday played iron heal last mission (caucasus, nearly 80 airplanes in the air) constant 60 fps.

Edited by LOW_Hitman

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

No issues here, which suggests that a review of your current settings would help 

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

2 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

Anyone else with the situation that syira is runnin at 5 fps in VR or it crashes during mission load?

Not me. Perhaps you can share the mission file here so people can try on their system?

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

2 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

After MONTH's trying to play mission on syria map iam so damn angry with this game and this map. Anyone else with the situation that syira is runnin at 5 fps in VR or it crashes during mission load?

Is so frustrating - other maps perform a lot better - for example - yesterday played iron heal last mission (caucasus, nearly 80 airplanes in the air) constant 60 fps.

no issues here on the Varjo Aero... any hint of settings .. or track ? I  know some people are having issues with certain Oculus software so that might be a factor ?

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yes strange that you are less than 10 FPS/s on Syria and that you have 60 FPS on the Caucasus for me it is another problem than hardware.
Personally, I lock at 70 FPS on Caucasus and 70 FPS on Syria and the only map that still causes me problems in VR today is Sinai, and this one is smooth on all the others and even more so since 2.9. 3.

With a G2

I have also experienced generally a much better performance in VR after DCS UPDATE DCS 2.9.3.51704

Now I am able to get stable 90fps on most maps and modules. Great work ED!

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

Thanks for your tips! I tried deleting metashaders and so on, its better but not optimal. I think there are to many planes on the ground during mission start.

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

vor 5 Stunden schrieb speed-of-heat:

what mission are you trying to run ? 

Reforger 2 - the second Mission. I tried it again - heavy heavy stutters on the ground. It's better after all the AI Planes on the ground are started.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb MIghtymoo:

I have also experienced generally a much better performance in VR after DCS UPDATE DCS 2.9.3.51704

Now I am able to get stable 90fps on most maps and modules. Great work ED!

Its getting better and better but its very strange that some missions run at stable 70-90 fps with a big number of Planes in the air, and others like in syria are not playable.

Am 24.2.2024 um 13:13 schrieb Mr_sukebe:

No issues here, which suggests that a review of your current settings would help 

WhatsApp Bild 2023-11-07 um 08.07.15_ebb2a978.jpgWhatsApp Bild 2023-11-07 um 08.07.12_97221e05.jpg

with this settings nearly all missions on different maps run at 60-70fps. Iam afraid that syira and the f14 are a bad comination in VR (using reduced cockpit textures for the f14 modules)

With those, can’t say I’m surprised to see you having issues.

Can I please suggest you change the following:

- terrain textures to low

- pre load radius to around 45%

- foliage and trees to around 50%

Then retest.

i found the above to impact on VRAM use 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

9 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

With those, can’t say I’m surprised to see you having issues.

Can I please suggest you change the following:

- terrain textures to low

- pre load radius to around 45%

- foliage and trees to around 50%

Then retest.

i found the above to impact on VRAM use 

Agree. Many of the settings I have not enabled even on my system. 

To get good frame rates, my personal preferences is:

- Terrain shadows: OFF

- View distance: HIGH (Medium for helis)

- Clouds: ULTRA (Standard for helis)

- Cockpit shadows: HIGH

-Sliders around 75-80% (preload at 50%)

Rest of the graphical eye candy settings OFF/LOWEST

Test on your system and fine tune to your liking.

Personally I like DLAA. DLSS for Apache.

On my system I am able to get 90fps in most map and module combos (VR user).

Edited by MIghtymoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

Thanks for your input! I know the settings are high, but nearly all other maps are runnin at 60-70fps. After updating to the newest version its better in syria - after takeoff i get arround 40-50fps whats okay for me.

I've tested the preload slider before and in my case it made no difference if i set it to 0 or 100 (only loadingtime is much longer)

On 2/24/2024 at 11:07 AM, LOW_Hitman said:

No any issue here, the most demending part (for FPS) is Aleppo and around the city, but otherwise the map works great. In my opinion, the problem is not in the map but elsewhere. You can try DLSS + Quality, I dont see it on your settings (old screenshot?) After 22th patch is even better here (near Aleppo), for me stable 72 FPS.

Try my settings + pixel density 1.0.

pivQbhT.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

vor 6 Stunden schrieb YoYo:

No any issue here, the most demending part (for FPS) is Aleppo and around the city, but otherwise the map works great. In my opinion, the problem is not in the map but elsewhere. You can try DLSS + Quality, I dont see it on your settings (old screenshot?) After 22th patch is even better here (near Aleppo), for me stable 72 FPS.

Try my settings + pixel density 1.0.

pivQbhT.jpg

are you using reduced cockpit textures for the f14 module or the "standard" textures?

9 minutes ago, LOW_Hitman said:

are you using reduced cockpit textures for the f14 module or the "standard" textures?

No, personally Im usung only Barthek ground textures mods for Caucasus and Normandy 2 maps plus few small, I dont use any mod for the flyable modules, also no any mod for VR. My full resolution (reading by OpenCR Toolkit) is something about 3000x3000 pxt per eye.

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

After the last update, I get the same performance on Syria that I do on PG and Caucuses…pretty amazed at how much VR has improved recently and especially on this map. I still have some slight performance issues flying warbirds on the Channel map for some reason.

but man…at least turn forest details and terrain detail sliders to .5 and see how that helps. Terrain detail can be really hard on VR at low level. Personally, I can’t tell the difference between cockpit texture at medium and high (and I’m at max resolution for my OQ2 with PD 1.3) so I dropped that. I just think -in VR- you are getting diminishing returns on a lot of those high settings 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am 3.3.2024 um 05:52 schrieb Mike_CK:

After the last update, I get the same performance on Syria that I do on PG and Caucuses…pretty amazed at how much VR has improved recently and especially on this map. I still have some slight performance issues flying warbirds on the Channel map for some reason.

but man…at least turn forest details and terrain detail sliders to .5 and see how that helps. Terrain detail can be really hard on VR at low level. Personally, I can’t tell the difference between cockpit texture at medium and high (and I’m at max resolution for my OQ2 with PD 1.3) so I dropped that. I just think -in VR- you are getting diminishing returns on a lot of those high settings 

Thanks! I'll turn down the forest detail slider and see if it helps. But when it comes to the last update, in my case there is a big performance difference between caucasus and syria even with other modules (F16, F18,..)

On 3/4/2024 at 9:09 AM, LOW_Hitman said:

in my case there is a big performance difference between caucasus and syria even with other modules (F16, F18,..)

Even in light missions such as free flights? Because that way you can tell if any performance problem is caused by the map itself (or your settings) or is due to heavy scripting / lots of AI units in the particular mission you're trying to run.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Raven (Elysian Angel):

Even in light missions such as free flights? Because that way you can tell if any performance problem is caused by the map itself (or your settings) or is due to heavy scripting / lots of AI units in the particular mission you're trying to run.

Hi, thnx for your post. Freeflights are runnin better. So iam sure its a mixture of a lot of ai units on the ground also ai planes taxing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

Hi, thnx for your post. Freeflights are runnin better. So iam sure its a mixture of a lot of ai units on the ground also ai planes taxing.

Try turning MSAA off. That kills performance when there are lots of other planes taxiing. I noticed that the hard way…

• Like 1
Spoiler

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Raven (Elysian Angel):

Try turning MSAA off. That kills performance when there are lots of other planes taxiing. I noticed that the hard way…

Without MSAA the game is pure eye-cancer. DLAA, DLSS and so on are no option, useless in VR - full of ghosting and blurry picture.

Someone said that maybe OpenXR Turbo-mode should be turned off whilest using DLAA or DLSS - I'll give it a try. Nearly all other maps (excl. Mariannas) are runnin at round about 60-70fps.