What do you think about canopy effects and DDIs?

Atazar SPN

En 6/3/2024 a las 10:57, SkateZilla dijo:

The reflections are likely to be tuned, as said, Raytracing in the DCS Engine is new.

As for some of the anti-reflection comments, 
How many of those are based on real world experience vs anti-change fueled? (ie you're not used to seeing them, so you immediately get defensive).

outside of some minor tweaks, and maybe resolution increase (can res be tied to the Sub Viewports settings?)

The raytraced reflections are correctly rendered in the environment, more so than the old Static textures.

I've sat in a few cockpits and flown back seat in a few, and considering it's a game there's going to be adjustments vs real life visuals.

As far as camera lens making the reflections....
Polarized lenses only block high intensity horizontal light, most of the time, canopy reflections are low intensity vertical light.. so... 

You dont need to be a pilot, drive your car down the highway and look at the windshield when the light passes through it, you can see reflections of your air vents etc etc pretty clearly, 
I wear polarized sunglasses while driving, and it doesnt affect windshield reflections at all, however, it does affect the glare off the hood, the dash, other cars windshields and rear windows.

Indeed. From inside a car we can see those reflections. I have never had problems in DCS with reflections, nor problems focusing on an object through them. This seems more like the crying and kicking of those who do not like to see anything in the canopy and have taken advantage of this thread to twist it and get it out of the point, which is the quality of the texture, not that it should be eliminated.

I know that I am not very appreciated in the community and it is something that does not keep me up at night at all, but what I am not going to allow is that two or three people without a valid argument disrespect me.

I have already requested that my user be removed from the forum and I have no intention of participating again.

4 minutes ago, Atazar SPN said:

I know that I am not very appreciated in the community and it is something that does not keep me up at night at all, but what I am not going to allow is that two or three people without a valid argument disrespect me.

I have already requested that my user be removed from the forum and I have no intention of participating again.

Playing the victim card doesn't help your cause though. Maybe just acknowledge that reflections in DCS aren't perfect and some are more disturbed by that than others. I think it is very unlikely that they will be removed altogether (and I don't even think anybody earnestly asked for that). Why are you so white knuckled about the possibility of improvements in the first place?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Atazar SPN said:

The Hornet's canopy texture effects and DDIs are third-rate. It's really very bad. I'm beginning to doubt if they don't want to do it well, or if they don't know how to do it well.

The issue has been reported and fixed internally. No need for insults.

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

hace 9 minutos, Jackjack171 dijo:

The issue has been reported and fixed internally. No need for insults.

Nor do we need an army of ED defenders waiting for the opportunity to jump on the neck of anyone who makes a report.

The problem has not been solved. The texturing of the DDIs has been maintained after the last update and the canopy reflections have been toned down, maintaining their poor quality.

If you want to argue, let's argue, because I am here to give my opinion, not to please you.

• Like 1

Reason is something you have or don't have. It is not something that is achieved by receiving likes.

There are many opinions. But there is only one reality. The reality is that the effects on the canopy textures and DDIs are of very poor quality.

Waiting for the next defender. We are going to have fun.

You will do anything to silence me, but you will not make reality change, because reality could only change with a correct quality retexture.

😃

Reason is something you have or don't have. It is not something that is achieved by receiving likes.
There are many opinions. But there is only one reality. The reality is that the effects on the canopy textures and DDIs are of very poor quality.
You will do anything to silence me, but you will not make reality change, because reality could only change with a correct quality retexture.

Nobody cares enough to silence you. You are entitled to your opinion, and I might even agree with you. What people react to, is that you are a dick about it.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
hace 21 minutos, MAXsenna dijo:

Nobody cares enough to silence you. You are entitled to your opinion, and I might even agree with you. What people react to, is that you are a dick about it.

You are the idiot, but you are not an idiot just for a little while, you are an idiot all year round.

As they would say in my town, you are more stupid than BIG.

Edited by Atazar SPN

You are the idiot, but you are not an idiot just for a little while, you are an idiot all year round.
As they would say in my town, you are more stupid than BIG.
Maybe this is for you.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forum.dcs.world/topic/347416-fa-18c-modern-mpdsuperhornet-mpd-mod/&share_tid=347416&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

On 4/20/2024 at 11:19 AM, Atazar SPN said:

😃

Note: "fixed internally" does not mean "it will be in the next patch". As that fix may or may not be waiting for other elements to be integrated as well.

That being said, the real-time ray traced reflections are new, and need time to mature. what looks good on a $5000 CAD Monitor might not always look good on a consumer monitor.

P.S. Reflection resolution is set by the user's settings.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs