How to get the target diamond in the HUD to slew with the diamond in the FLIR?

dporter22

In the various tutorials it shows that when you designate a target with the FLIR, a dashed diamond shows up on the HUD and slews with the FLIR to maintain SA. When I do this the diamond in the HUD does not slew with the FLIR. If I slew the FLIR and designate another target, the diamond in the HUD jumps to the new target, but is there a way to slave the HUD target diamond so that it slews with the FLIR?

1 hour ago, dporter22 said:

Yes, the TDC slews on the FLIR, but how do I get the HUD diamond to slew with the FLIR diamond?

You push the castle switch (TDC priority) forward, that moves the diamond to the HUD. If you don't have it mapped to your controls, there is a keyboard shortcut that I can't recall from memory.

Edited by markom

Are you referring to FLIR air-to-air mode or FLIR air-to-ground mode?

In air-to-air mode you do not need to pass the priority (SOI) to the HUD because the diamond is synchronized with the FLIR and you can operate it from the DDI in which the FLIR is operating.

The first step is to transfer the priority with the sensor switch to the DDI where you want to use the FLIR, then you will press TDC and you can start moving the cursor.

You will be able to do this only if you do not have any weapons selected.

If you have a weapon selected with radar turned off, it will have no diamonds or waypoints except the forward vision starting point.

You can then search and lock on to a target with the radar off, by doing (SOI) twice over the target on the DDI where the FLIR is operating.

I hope I have explained it well. This is a translation from Google Translate.

FLIR TEST.trk

9 hours ago, markom said:

You push the castle switch (TDC priority) forward, that moves the diamond to the HUD. If you don't have it mapped to your controls, there is a keyboard shortcut that I can't recall from memory.

TDC - Throttle Designator Controller is an analog hat on the throttle
SCS - Sensor Control Switch aka Sensor Select Switch aka Castle Switch.

11 hours ago, dporter22 said:

In the various tutorials it shows that when you designate a target with the FLIR, a dashed diamond shows up on the HUD and slews with the FLIR to maintain SA. When I do this the diamond in the HUD does not slew with the FLIR. If I slew the FLIR and designate another target, the diamond in the HUD jumps to the new target, but is there a way to slave the HUD target diamond so that it slews with the FLIR?

These are old tutorials. In the past slewing TGP was constantly changing target designation. Now it doesn't work like this. Slewing TGP does not change target designation, you need to depress TDC to do this. Marker on the HUD is showing designated target, not TGP FOV. AFAIR Hornet does not show TGP FOV.

If you want to slew designated target on the HUD - press SCS up to make HUD priority sensor.

These are old tutorials. In the past slewing TGP was constantly changing target designation. Now it doesn't work like this. Slewing TGP does not change target designation, you need to depress TDC to do this. Marker on the HUD is showing designated target, not TGP FOV. AFAIR Hornet does not show TGP FOV.

If you want to slew designated target on the HUD - press SCS up to make HUD priority sensor.
Though in SCENE, it will continuously update.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I'm just asking about how to get the diamond in the HUD to move with the diamond in the FLIR as shown in all the videos. When I slew the FLIR, the diamond in the HUD does not slew, but it jumps to the target when I TDC depress in the FLIR.

Maybe it just doesn't work like that anymore.

Thanks, but I'm just asking about how to get the diamond in the HUD to move with the diamond in the FLIR as shown in all the videos. When I slew the FLIR, the diamond in the HUD does not slew, but it jumps to the target when I TDC depress in the FLIR.
Maybe it just doesn't work like that anymore.
Correct, it dosen't. Expect for SCENE and AUTO track if a moving target.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk