LINK, ZOOM, and C-Scope

Go to solution Solved by TZeer,

I think setting some expectations ahead of the patch would have been helpful.

Maybe when BigNewy updates the Patch Status thread he can indicate if it is a major patch, or minor patch, or module release, or hot fix, etc. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

I think setting some expectations ahead of the patch would have been helpful.

I think those expectations should have been set when wags said it would be coming in the 'may/june update'.

• Like 1

Until zoom is released, it is possible to use the map on your right MFD to zoom in on targets to help get a better idea of the battlefield.

Select pan on the right MFD (TSD) and use the cursor controller on your collective to move the map to centre on the targets, then zoom in. 

The targeting overlay remains live as long as your FCR is active and will display active and secondary targets as you cycle through the list of targets. 

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Floyd1212:

I guess this was an out-of-cycle patch just to get Kola launched.  Maybe the next big patch is in 2 weeks (no joke intended) which would be 6 weeks from the last patch in April. 🤷‍♂️

The last regular Patch was April 10th. Though there were 2 small hotfix patches shortly after that. I expect the next regular Patch from May 22th until end of May. 

DCS MT 2.9.4.53990
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

17 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Until zoom is released, it is possible to use the map on your right MFD to zoom in on targets to help get a better idea of the battlefield.

Yeah, I normally sight select FCR and then take the same MPD back to the TSD page and use it entirely from there. I find it much more useful to interact with the FCR than the actual FCR page. 

Yes, opening service doors for engines and efabs👍👍👍👍 Great.

But there‘s also LINK feature. Wags said video about it coming next week.

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53990
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

This makes the FCR so much more useful! Iooks like it's gonna be fun.

Skin question:

Are the new service panels gonna change anything about existing skins? I mean if the creators need to update the .lua or the skin itself.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb hannibal:

can i ask what the LINK feature is?

LINK couples the FCR with Tads. Means Tads will be pointed automatically to your actual next to shot detected target by FCR.

• Thanks 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53990

17 hours ago, corbu1 said:

LINK couples the FCR with Tads. Means Tads will be pointed automatically to your actual next to shot detected target by FCR.

It also works the other way around. If you select TADS first as sight and then link, the radar will turn towards the TADS. This might also be useful, because you can't slave the radar to the tads otherwise. this is because to slave the radar, the radar needs to be the sight. but if the radar is the active sight, you can't move the tads to slave the radar to it.

So LINK is helpful to:

1. Visually identify an FCR contact (FCR as sight, then LINK)
  2. Scan an area that you point your TADS to from the front seat (TADS as sight, then LINK)

I imagine radar controls (Scan burst) are available when LINK is active in either mode.

• Like 2

makes sense also working the other way as well. If CPG has found a target linking to FCR might help doing fast scanning this area if other threats are nearby not yet found via Tads. Could help getting a quick battlefield thread image.

I guess first fast scanning with FCR then check via Tads for visual confirmation would be more a standard procedure.

Anyway the system seems very flexible in both ways which might have been a key factor for LINK feature…..🤷🏻‍♂️

DCS MT 2.9.4.53990